HID Projectors! ----INSTALLED /w PICS

edicer2

So i finally got these today and I installed them...it was kind of a pain in the ass but it was way worth it. I have a great cutoff and are so bright it looks like day light and seems to go blocks upon blocks. I didtn get flashed at all and I drove past multiple cops and they didnt do anything (i was driving around at 3:30am so ik they are bored and looking for ppl to pull over)

Parts needed....ebay headlights, carparts hid kit, shingle flashing

Anyways heres my pictures and a small how too

So i melted the housing apart -225f for 15-20 mins and then installed the projector and tightened it down

IMG_20111021_223551.jpg

IMG_20111021_223623.jpg

I had to add a spacer between the front and rear plastic about 1/2" (i bought shingle flashing and cut it in 1/2" strips

IMG_20111021_223636.jpg

drilled a hole in the back for the extra halo and evil eye cords to poke threw.

IMG_20111021_223703.jpg

Pics of it installed but off

IMG_20111022_014238.jpg

IMG_20111022_014300.jpg

Edited by edicer2
  • Like 1

pics with halo and evil eyes (blue halo red evil eye)

IMG_20111022_014327.jpg

IMG_20111022_014343.jpg

IMG_20111022_014429.jpg

IMG_20111022_014609.jpg

when you turn the headlight in the evil eye turns off

IMG_20111022_014450.jpg

IMG_20111022_023130.jpg

for some reason my phone is retarded and didnt save my picture of the projectors on and also the ones with the grill on it all looks normal and pretty oem minus they stick out about 1/2" more than the grill but you dont see the spacer that is covered so it looks normal!

Here is some ****** pics i tried to get with my droid but its hard to pic up how bright they actually are...it seriously looks like day light. It puts my old headlights with hids in them to shame!!!

Theres a little tweaking i need to do to make the cut off line better but for doing it all in 4 hours i thought it was pretty darn good!

IMG_20111022_023826.jpg

IMG_20111022_023855.jpg

here is a quick video

th_VID_20111022_015643.jpg

• Like 2

Well it wasnt cheap but if you can find the headlight cheaper that would help. Here is the cheapest i have found they were 45 when i bought them 2 years ago looks like 85 now. And then the projector kit was 170 but it came with everything you need to hook it up and i can just use some of my left over flashing since i have no used for it. i am guessing somewhere between 250-300 shipped to you.

headlights

http://www.ebay.com/itm/87-95-Nissan-Pathfinder-Crystal-Chrome-Headlights-Left-Right-Head-Lamps-Assembly-?cmd=ViewItem&hash=item35b63056c4&item=230689887940&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

projector kit

http://www.carpartslights.com/universal-bixenon-projector-hid-kit-hilo-angel-eye-p-480.html?zenid=iquaalpstl9ftqktevsnug4jv7

I also want to test the durability of these first too idk how this will hold up yet.

I am going to go get some day pictures also with the grill installed

Edited by edicer2

Hopefully the red is able to be turned off. Here in WA red and blue on the front/rear of a vehicle is reserved for emergency vehicles only and can get you a nasty fine.

Other than that, it looks alright! Not my cup of tea, but it's not my truck! :aok:

• Like 1

the red and blue is only show i NEVER drive with just my parking lights on i ALWAYS have my headlights on and the red turns off when the headlights are turned on. i can unplug the red part really easy if i get in trouble for it anyways. I am more happy about being able to see tonight with the projectors.

daytime pics

IMG_20111022_112425.jpg

IMG_20111022_112439.jpg

IMG_20111022_112527.jpg

IMG_20111022_112544.jpg

IMG_20111022_112612.jpg

IMG_20111022_112638.jpg

also installed my brush gaurd and my 4 fogs again but no pics

also installed this

IMG_20111022_112659.jpg

backup camera shows up on screen when in reverse

IMG_20111022_112732-1.jpg

Edited by edicer2
  • Like 1

Gotta agree with silverton, a pair of flatheads are real quick and easy to remove and walk away with...

IMG_20111022_112659.jpg

and for the cleanliness and attention to detail I generally see out of you I am disappointed you didn't remove the plate when you painted your rear bumper/hitch. What's with the overspray?

and as you probably guessed, the ClearEyes comment was just a joke with the red glow. It is a nice lookin job. Not my flavor but I am generally a bit dated with some of my taste...

Yeah good idea with the security screws ill have to get some i didnt even think about it ( those ones are al rusty anyways). The overspray was actually my freinds fault i told him to paint the rear while i installed my deck and i assumed he would thnk to take it off but apparently not lol I cleaned mostof it off but i cant get it all).

Yeah the lights a kind of ricer but overall they work so well i can litteraly see block upon blocks with them so huge improvment and they are 6k so not the blue i had.

thank for the feed back though keep it coming.

i think it looks stupid the way it is right now :thumbsdown:

well sorry you think that way...im just glade i can see the road. This is one way you can utilized having hids and not blinding ppl and having a massive and i mean massive difference in visibility at night with a clean cut off line. You can get ones with out the halos and evil eyes if that is what bothers you. i dont care that they stick out .5" more than normal looks fine with my brushguard on there.

Edited by edicer2

You wonder why people give you negative feedback.

He's entitled to his opinion as well as anyone else. O.P. shared to get feedback and I'm sure he knows that there is gonna be positive AND negative. Most importanty though is he put time and effort to do his project in a clean correct manner, not just a quck and dirty hack and slap. Not only does it have some form to it, also carries a function that it seems he is rather satisfied with :aok:

He's entitled to his opinion as well as anyone else. O.P. shared to get feedback and I'm sure he knows that there is gonna be positive AND negative. Most importanty though is he put time and effort to do his project in a clean correct manner, not just a quck and dirty hack and slap. Not only does it have some form to it, also carries a function that it seems he is rather satisfied with :aok:

well put thank you nunya. i did expect to get alot of negative feed back it seems to be a pretty common thing of forums. But i figured I would share thatis possible to upgrade the lights so they dont completly suck and i am younger than most of you so i can understand that some wont like the lights on there and some will. My main goal was to help ppl with more lighting options

Edited by edicer2

I completely agree that everyone is entitled to their opinion, but "I think it looks stupid" is something that doesnt need to be posted. If you dont agree with what the OP did, state what you dont like/agree with, and move on.

• Like 1

yeah the reason it didnt bother me was because i dont notice it much with the brushguard (maybe paint the edges black so it blends in?). The only other way is to cut the headlight housing on the back and figure out how to mount it securely. I didnt want to hack mine up and risk wrecking it so i extended it out. Right now i could convert them back to use regular bulbs just my taking the spacer out and installing the reflector again. if you were good at fabricating you could cut where the headlights mount and move that in further but that might be more work than its worth lol. The other option is try to find a smaller universal projector kit. This was the smallest i could find...these are made more for newer cars that huve the huge headlight but no projectors and it works in them but out old ones are really slim so its hard to make them fit with out spacing it or hacking the @!*% out of the back of it.

I have lowered my cut off line alot also and i am still impressed with how bright these are. I literally cast shadows around the cars in front of me because mine are so bright lol I am not blinding anyone either because i had my friend in his little honda drive in front of me and also at me and he said it was not overly bright or blinding at all. he said the worse part was driving in front of me when i got close to him because my headlights are at about where his rear window is so its shinging right in his mirror but thats when im like 5 feet from his bumper at a stop light.

Edited by edicer2

First I want to say Nice job on the conversion. Anyway you can post a pic of what the projector assembly looks like before inserted into the housing? Disregard I saw your link.

I appreciate the time it took you to do this mod and it is true everyone has their own opinion so here is mine, I like what you did but I too do not like how far the headlights stick out, but it's your truck and your project so you being satisfied with how it turned out is all that matters.

If people didn't modify things we would all be driving around with the exact same trucks, GOOD JOB Keep it up!!

Edited by ahardb0dy

Thanks for the feed back guys. Really appreciate for the most part positive input. But yeah you guys are right it looks kind of weird sticking out but i dont notice it really with the oem brush guard I would of loved it if they would of just fit i was a little nervous to cut the backs of my headlights off to make them fit right but securing it good would of sucked so i figured this is one route where if these didnt work well i could always revert back to my old setup.... I do regret not taking more pictures though. ill get some with the brush guard installed looks more normal now.

Nunya- I cleaned up the license plate some more looks like new now and i also got the security screws you guys talked about for the reverse cam! Thanks