Oil Pressure Gueage

PivoArch

I have a triple pillar pod gauges in my summer car, 03 Maxima with a VQ35 and one of the gauge is a analog oil pressure gauge. I got all my kit from glowshiftgauges.com and they come with all the instructions needed for installation.

Edited by MAXPATH

Probably basically all of the aftermarket gauges will work, with the appropriate adapter (some kits come with it). I would recommend an electronic gauge to reduce chance of oil leakage. I really wouldn't want to be driving along and suddenly have hot oil spray in my face, but perhaps that is unlikely :)

This is what I have been able to find which would allow for the hook up of 3 gauges,

NISsport Oil Pressure Adapter

I can only think of oil pressure and temp, and allow me to keep the switch installed which controls the oil light, which appears to only come on when the oil pressure reaches 0psi. Which is probably too late to save the engine in most cases. So now I just need to track down the gauge and sender that I would like to use. The whole thing should probbaly cost about $200.

Edited by PivoArch

If you don't want that fancy adapter, you can make your own for under $10 with a BSPT to NPT adapter and a tee. The electronic pressure sender I bought (one of the iequus ones) has two outputs, one for the pressure, and one for the light, so you don't have to hook up your factory sender. It also came with the adapter, so I didn't need to use my adapter/tee at all. No oil temp though. Was about $50. No longer available on JC Whitney where I bought it, so I can't send a link, sorry.

Edited by sewebster