Pillar Gauge Pod

Alkorahil

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

All this time & I never noticed that :lmao:

Looks like I'll be a cutting & a trimming to make it fit unless some WD21 owner would like to take over my order for $45 (I'll take a $5 hit for my stupidity) :lol:

Howdy neighbor we're just over the hill off the Ortega, we'll take it

• 2 weeks later...

Alright everyone. Update time.

Received a message about 21 hours ago.

Lo-Tek, Inc.
11:30 AM (21 hours ago)
cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif

Adam:

We are ready to paint the units. I need to get the balance of the payment sent in asap. Email you new phone number.

Best Regards,

Dennis

Lo-Tek, Inc.

My repy was this. Hope this is satisfactory to everyone.

profile_mask2.png
Adam Ciolfi <adamciolfi@gmail.com>
cleardot.gif9:27 AM (0 minutes ago)
cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to Lo-Tek, Inc.
cleardot.gif
Hey Dennis,

That's Great news!

I've spoken with the members and everyone's very excited. We're all hoping to get a photo of the completed product without paint before the final payment is sent. I hope that that's not an issue for you. I've attached the shipping address list again for you here, and although I believe it's still the same, disregard all others. I've moved myself since we last spoke and although my shipping address has not changed, my new Phone Number is ***-***-****

Looking forward to sending in that last payment and getting these products shipped.

Thanks again Dennis.
cleardot.gif

Seems we're just around the bend now.

If anyone has concerns let me know.

Edited by Dowser
  • Like 1

Funny you should mention that B. hahaha

response to my last email sent to them.

Lo-Tek, Inc.
10:58 AM (5 hours ago)
cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif

Hey Adam:

I sent a photo to your phone. Get the payment in as soon as you can so we can paint and complete the project. They will ship sometime next week now depending on the payment receipt.

The black unpainted ones are ready to ship.

Best Regards,

Lo-Tek, Inc.

I don't even have a cell anymore since I'm so piss poor. had to respond and now waiting.

Hey Dennis,

Unfortunately That number i gave you was for a land line. I cancelled my cell a few months back so if its possible maybe you could just email me a photo at <personal email address> instead. I'll have payment sent as early as tomorrow. I'll let everyone know the black ones are ready to ship. They'll be so happy.

cleardot.gif

until we have confirmation that the product is made I'll keep the remaining half of the cash for security.

Have a good one guys.

:fireworx: WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO! :fireworx:

Here it is boys! Check it out. They even kept the tweeter shape for those of us wanting it. I think it look pretty darn good! It was a long wait but damn I think it will be worth it! Lets give everyone here a big round of applause for working through all the BS of getting this to this point. I hope it was a good experience for all of you and I'l just so freaking proud of us that a bunch of enthusiasts managed to get out a aftermarket product for everyone to purchase from this point forward. Next time you see a Pathfinder on some forum that has one in it, you can tell them... Ya.... I helped with that project.

Nice work everyone.

Now....... to find the time and money to install the gauges!!!

Enjoy!!!

Photo0131_zpsf7dbdbfc-1_zps7fb7bdf5.jpg

Edited by Dowser
  • Like 1

:fireworx: WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO! :fireworx:

Home stretch!

Thanks for all you’ve done here Dowser :beer:

I already have the gauges, just waiting on this!

Guess I should start thinkng about getting some now :lol: Actually, I just wanted to have it in hand before buying gauges.

Was this a pre-order thing or are there some avaiable for people who didn't read the whole thread?

I know, :fish: ...

NPORA does not browse well at work.

Sadly pre-order, but they will be able to produce them for now on iirc... unless somehting has changed.

No go for NPORA at work? Bandwidth problem? If so try using the mobile theme (bottom left of any page), since it has less graphics (still shows posted images) it might be more usable :shrug:

There was an initial group buy so the mold was made and a run was done. After that, anyone is supposed to be able to buy them at any time. I suspect they will do small runs and keep unfinished inventory stored, if they do as they claim. The have so far done so, albiet slowly so this should be an available product.

Great job Adam, and those who donates examples/ideas/knowledge! :clap:

It may not seem like a huge win, but not only are we maintaining the relevancy of the Pathfinders (think Thorley headers group buy), we are actually expanding the aftermarket as well.

Once again, thank you Adam for shouldering this project and seeing it through. You've kept it going and us informed through, I don't think it would have happened without you. :beer:

Hopefully some good karma will flow your way. ;)

Now, when do they ship? :D

B

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="RedPath88" data-cid="650096" data-time="1357867355"><p> <br />

No go for NPORA at work? Bandwidth problem? If so try using the mobile theme (bottom left of any page), since it has less graphics (still shows posted images) it might be more usable :shrug:</p></blockquote>

<br />

bandwith is only a small part of the problem. Security protocols, and exessive nework restrictions make our access to the inernet about 10% of what a normal computer would<br />

see. But that may help some, thankyou

Edited by MY1PATH

Alright everyone.. The remaining balance was just sent Via Paypal. I emailed them to inform them they could start shipping and painting. It is OFFICIALLY.............

:fireworx: OUT OF MY HANDS! :fireworx:

:new576::new576::new576::new576::new576::new576:

Hope you all love the final product.

I'd like everyone part of the process to post up on here when you receive your purchase so we can verify everyone is accounted for.

Thanks for everyones support.

Adam.

So, what the hell is in that box leaning by my front door? :unsure:

Holy crap, they have arrived!! :dance:

014-1.jpg

Everything looks good so far with no obvious problems or flaws, but I haven't tried fitting it yet. Hopefully tomorrow I can see how it fits.

Ok, time to order some gauges!

B

Ok, here is some basic fitment and my impression.

003-Copy.jpg

The one I tried seemed to fit fairly well, the only issues that there is a gap on the backside...

004-Copy.jpg

What I don't like is their fastener method. They supply a few screws, which I assume are to be used once you drill holes in the A pillar? The piece isn't thickened or supported at these points, but they have already drilled and countersunk for you. :rolleyes:

I'm going to see if I can find some clips that can fit in the stock mounting slots that have threads. Anyone have any leads on automotive fasteners like that? :unsure:

007-2.jpg

Here is a picture of how the stock unit mounts, for those of you who haven't done this before. There are 3 spring clips that go into slots in the A pillar and at the bottom there is a hook or catch that is in a slot also. Take a plastic scraper or something, slide it under the trim near the top from the outside, feel up until you locate the top clip and pop it loose (moderate force). Work down x2, then tilt the piece inward and lift up to clear the hook. That's the easy part... :D

009-1.jpg

I'm going to wait until I have everything mounted before I form a hard opinion, but so far it seems to fit reasonably well, seems fairly flimsy compared to stock (mounting it might negate that) and the mounting method is downright poor as far as I'm concerned. 3 out of 5 stars? :shrug:

(I've not bought these before so I don't have comparative experience)

B

Mine came in the mail today :aok:

First impressions are along the lines of what B said above. Looks like I will have the same gap issues and I kinda wish they had not pre-drilled and countersunk the mounting holes :nono: Many will not have a problem with that, but given the choice, I would have opted out of that.

***Post #10 Updated***

Edited by RedPath88

Mine came yesterday. The only concern I have is that the gauges won't have enough to grab on to when installed... But I don't have any to try out just yet. I'm not complaining, I'm actually pretty excited about this. Thanks again Adam!!!