Pillar Gauge Pod

Alkorahil

Price is a little steep as you all say, but if it's a quality item then it's not so bad. Black is fine by me as I can always paint it. The aftermarket one I bought at Pepboys (that didn't even come close to fitting) was black. I have the tweeters so either way is fine by me. One question, do we use the mounting clips of the old trim or do they supply new clips? I'm still in by the way :D

Alright everyone,

For those who are interested to see this become a reality, and wish to purchase the product, here's what has to happen next. I'll be sending each and every person that showed interest on the list a PM with a link to this Thread so you can catch up if you haven't done so yet, additionally, you will need to provide me with a yes or no response, your height in foot/inches, you full name, Your username here so I know who's who, a shipping address and a personal Email address so I can keep you informed easier to make this whole process easier to follow and to not have everyone feel like they don't know what's going on. Please send all replies to my E-MAIL address I will provide you so I don't get a crap load of messages to both my email and here. Once I verify that I have 20 potential buyers, we can proceed with dealing with transfer of payment so that the company will start the production of the prototype. The prototype will be sent to me for fitment, and to verify the gauges are pointed at the optimal height level for the majority of the buyers. (Yes, I'm not just going to set them up perfectly for me and send it back with the thumbs up.)

Alright, expect a PM if you've been involved with this thread and please get back to me promptly. I'm sure everyone would like to see this started sooner rather than later.

*edit*

My email in no way can be used by anyone for spam and junk chain letters of any kind. Other than this project, or questions pertaining to it, consider it non existent. thank you and have a wonderful day.

*edit #2*

PLEASE MAKE ROOM IN YOUR MAIL BAG TO RECEIVE NEW MESSAGES! SOME OF YOU ARE FULL AND I CANNOT SEND YOU DETAILS.

Edited by Dowser

Page 1 Post #10 updated.

Check to see who has committed and who still needs to reply to their PM's.

*cough* Mail Bag Boy *cough* :new576:

Edited by Dowser

Alright..... SOooooooooooooo

This is a reminder to all of you out there that have not yet sent out a Response Email to the PM I sent all of you back on March 20th. I'd like to get this started so those of us waiting, who are committed can see some results so, those that have not done so yet, I'm sure you know who you are, and if you don't I have taken the liberty of making it obvious on Post #10 of Page 1,, I'd appreciate any kind of response so we can move forward with the project at this time. If you are no longer interested, send me an email telling me to go F*** myself. I'm fine with that, just send it out.

Thank you for your time.

Oh, and additionally, I'd like to add that Precise1 eats one HELL of a lot of bacon. It's been 7 days since he started his perpetual bacon diet. :new576:

I don't want to seem naggish, but since I've decided to take this on so that we may all benefit, I need people to work with me. :aok:

Hope this is colourful enough for you Bastages. :fireworx:

*edit*

One final note,

The design of 2 pods and a tweeter vs 3 pods no tweeter,is still something that can be changed depending on what the majority of the COMMITTED buyers want. What we originally sent was the trim piece with the tweeter so we could see if 3 pods could affectively be made WITH the tweeter. not necessarily written in stone that it has to be 2 pods and a tweeter. I'll send out a mass email to all Committed buyers asking your preference and we'll go from there.

Edited by Dowser

If they end up being two pods WITH a tweeter I don't think I want one. Two or three pods without for this guy.

It doesn't matter what color, actually the plain black would be perfect because I'm slowly painting all of the light blue trim pieces black.

Edited by Kingman

Ok, I REALLY want one of the three gauge pillar pods without a tweeter...that being said I would be happy to have a two gauge pod as well because it's two gauges more than I can fit up there now :P I sent a PM to Dowser but I figured I would post as well.

Ok, I REALLY want one of the three gauge pillar pods without a tweeter...that being said I would be happy to have a two gauge pod as well because it's two gauges more than I can fit up there now :P I sent a PM to Dowser but I figured I would post as well.

You got it. PM sent.

Ditto.

B

Thanks B. I suppose I should have let everyone know you sent me an email days and days ago after all my shenanagains. I still got you up for 2 so let me know if that changes.

Post #10 on Page 1 Updated.

Also. I think I'll ask all you Committed members out there, (and I'm referring to the "committed" term in a non mental health sort of way. ;)) when would be a good time to RE-remind those members that PM's have been sent to, that they have not responded yet. I don't want to seem too pushy. But I don't want people to lose interest either and technically nothing can go forward with what we have currently since we haven't got enough Committed members yet.

Let me know.

Cheers.

Thanks B. I suppose I should have let everyone know you sent me an email days and days ago after all my shenanagains. I still got you up for 2 so let me know if that changes.

You are welcome. No problem, it's all good. Yep, 2 is fine... :aok:

when would be a good time to RE-remind those members that PM's have been sent to, that they have not responded yet. I don't want to seem too pushy.

Now is damn near 2 weeks?? Seems like a good time to me and not pushy at all. Giving someone a week+ to commit to a requested purchase opportunity is more than reasonable and sending out a reminder is just plain considerate of you, making sure no one is accidentally left behind... ;)

Thanks again for taking lead with this, it is appreciated! :beer:

B

I would really like to know if there is going to be a visible difference between the with/without tweeters. I guess if there is a difference I will have to find a passenger side pillar with the tweeter as well. Unless we can get a matching passenger pillar pod with gauges to amuse my fiancee while we are out wheeling lol.

So I suppose now would be a good time to ask if you got my email (sent 3/23), since I've not seen a reply saying that you have... and you keep reminding people to contact you.

Soooo did you get mine?

So I suppose now would be a good time to ask if you got my email (sent 3/23), since I've not seen a reply saying that you have... and you keep reminding people to contact you.

Soooo did you get mine?

Sorry Scott,

Pretty much every person that has emailed me hasn't received a return email yet. BUT, have you checked Page 1 post #10? your name has been green since the day you sent it. I've been updating the list the same day I receive emails so its all good to go.

I'll be sending out a mass email to all the committed buyers soon for a few more tidbits to add since as this is progressing I'm seeing a lot of people are on the fence due to the tweeter, no tweeter thing so going to get that worked out once and for all so it's not an issue down the road. I'll also be RE-PMing all of you who haven't gotten your lazy asses around to emailing a response.

I really need to get around to posting up on NOAS and RR too so hopefully that will give us some more.

I would really like to know if there is going to be a visible difference between the with/without tweeters. I guess if there is a difference I will have to find a passenger side pillar with the tweeter as well. Unless we can get a matching passenger pillar pod with gauges to amuse my fiancee while we are out wheeling lol.

I'll contast the company tomorrow to see if the tweeter hole will look identical to the factory option, (which I believe it is) I'll also get a quote on a 3 pod no tweeter so we can see if prices change.

I'll let you know when I know more.

Thanks Puckstoper9,

I'll eventually get everything all sorted out and have everything organized a bit better.

Now.... for an Update.

I spoke with Dennis at LoTek Inc. today about a few issues.

I got a bit better of an explanation about the making process and what the tweeter set up would look like if that is the design that is approached. Basically the whole unit is vacuum molded so in the end they just cut a hole that fits the factory grill. The exterior portion would be a very close match and you'd probably not notice anything different then the Passenger side from the exterior. On the back side of the Pillar, if the factory piece has anything that assists in or centering the tweeter, or if the tweeter is attached to the trim piece, etc, that will not be there since the vacuum process cannot allow for this.

As for getting a price quote on a 3 gauge Pillar no tweeter, he quote the unit would be $5.00 more so effectively $54.99 a unit.

And finally, I spoke about how much the price would come down if we were to round up 30-40 buyers and his answer was absolutely nothing. First off he mentioned that the minimum order is usually 30 and not 20. The website is outdated and production costs have increased over the years. He said he will do a minimum order of 20 for us but he claims they will make little to nothing on the project and even with 30-40 buyers the price will not change. I was also told that the end product will most likely retail for about the same that we are paying now as well so there is little to gain in that respect by getting in a group buy to save a few coins.

To be honest, I wasn't really all that pleased to hear that with all the hard work that is done to make this project happen, getting so many people together for such a large group buy, that if we get them 20 more orders they can't do sh*t for a discount. After all, we're paying for the mold to be made so they can collect on any future order. At any rate, That's where we're at for up to date info with the company.

On a different note, I'll be making some changes to the Page 1, Post #10 in the next couple of days with a few additions and we'll narrow this whole process down a bit more. I was unable to send out PM's last night due to some irritating issue with the forum, and it's getting a bit late for me tonight. Tomorrow night will be better for me.

Ciao for now.

• Like 1

Thanks for the update. As someone who used to work for a molding company, I can say none of this surprises me and is why I'm buying 2.

I'm still in, 3 pods are better than 2, but 2 are better than none... ;)

Lets get this 3 or 2 voted out, people committed and place the order.

Anyone who is involved, please respond quickly and lets get this last bit figured out.

We are almost there, just one more thing to decide on and then we get our damn pods!!!

*ehem*

:D

B

Page 1 Post #10, Or the Official Update Page has been updated with all current info that I have. Check it out. It's damn colorful and I know you bastages love my colorful work. :tongue:

Any feedback? Concerns? Happy with how its all laid out?

Ok, the break down of what I see is that there are 16 people committed that swing both ways, 1 who is stuck on 2 pod and 2 that insist on 3 pod. I understand that more people are interested in the 3, so if we go with the three pod tweeterless design, only one person won't get what they want. That's really not a bad fall out rate! So, that leaves us with 18 people signed up for a total of 19 pods (I'm buying 2) so all we need is a few lumps of flesh to respond to Dowser and we can place the order.

Those who are are procrastinating, please, sheit or get off the pot. You are stalling the entire program at this point... P...

I'll PM Alkorahil as he is the one who suggested this in the first place but might not have followed the process.

B

• 2 weeks later...

:excl: Alright, time for an update. :excl:

So we’ve hit he mark we’ve been hoping for. As of yesterday, we now have 20 Unconditional Committed buyers and a couple that we’re conditional on both sides of the fence. At this point, I’m going to put a deadline out there so we can get to the next step. I’m going to allow those that we’re originally interested until the 22nd of April to reply with your responses. After that, this project is moving forward without you. :ban:

As of today, the votes are in favor of the 3 gauge pillar no tweeter and unless 8 more people chime in and commit with a vote against it, that will be the design we move forward with.

If on the 22nd, those that were committed conditionally on the 2 gauge design wish to change their minds and pick up a 3 gauge version, let me know and I’ll change your status and keep you up to speed on the email list.

So……

Here we are. This project is finally going to move along now. :clap::jig::fireworx:

Let the countdown commence!!!