87 twin turbo sas 1 inch lift...

Uh oh.

I've heard that before. :rofl:

This is either going to be really Cool...... Or I'm going to cry like the day the old red got abandoned. :new576:

Seriously though. Can't wait to see some updates.

Edited by Dowser

Two days on the rear wheel wells... almost done back there. There are a few things that happened recently.. Some major changes with this project are coming.

Is it going to run? :poke:

Can't wait to see it run.

I figured eat it up so when there is no power (truck or switch off) it sets and when on or switch not on the brake is disengaged...if it fails it'd be similar an 18 wheeler loosing air to his brakes resulting in the brakes applying which is better than no brakes at all

I figured eat it up so when there is no power (truck or switch off) it sets and when on or switch not on the brake is disengaged...if it fails it'd be similar an 18 wheeler loosing air to his brakes resulting in the brakes applying which is better than no brakes at all

That makes sense, I like the idea. There would need to be an over ride of some sort just in case you lose power and need to coast, or if you purposely wanted to kill the motor and coast... (quietly)... Maybe we should move to a new thread so we are not hijacking Ryans...

Well... someone parted out their rig with a VH45 setup... so... ya.. here we go!

Already tired of the twin turbo VG30 eh?

Already tired of the twin turbo VG30 eh?

Feel free highjacking on this thread.. I don't care.

Well.. Tyler hasn't said anything on here to my knowledge. But he parted out his R50.. thus his VH45 with the tranny adapter etc ended up with me. My VG30 has 165k on it... this V8 is a fresh build. I was thinking all along that the radiator in the bumper would work well with a v8 conversion.. so here we go..

Edited by AK9849cy

Understood, I can relate fully. Mine has 245K on it... I have been tossing around the idea of doing what Daver123 is doing... Goin with the 4.3 GM, automatic and 231 tcase... Carburetor instead of throttle body/cpi etc, with a one wire HEI distributor...no ECU to mess around with, no tuning....and parts galore for it...

Planning on boosting the VH45?

Screw the tow rig! Add trailer brakes to the Pathy and tow the HB with it!

Are you going to find a way to put a 5speed behind the V8 or use an automatic?

It came with the adapter for the 5 speed.

Well.. Storage.. how nice it was. Got notified last week that the storage I was using for free was no longer available. So the garage filled up quick and put a major dampener on some plans. So time to use some of the parts and throw out some others (Don't ask).

My HB used to have a Waggy rear Dana 44 with disk brake conversion and 33 spline chromo shafts. Last year I made a Hybrid full floater Ford 9 for the rear of the HB. Thus, the old D44 is/was laying around with nothing to do (taking up space). So today I made a truss and mounts to make this little darnlin' fit under the pathy.

All the mounts were moved up 2 inches.. So the lower link mounts now set directly in front of the axle not angled below.

100_1970800x600.jpg

This is a total prototype I have been thinking about. Plus it gets the pathy back on wheels for the summer...

Like I said before.. all mounts are raised up 2 inches. The bump stop perches are raised up two inches also.. The pan hard will be on the backside (up two inches) of this mount on the left. Yes it is on the wrong side.. it will now run the same direction as the front end.

So if guy was to use two inch coils the suspension geometry would be back to factory angles...

This is nothing close to perfect.. just wanna see how the idea works before I spend a crazy amount of hours perfecting the idea. In the long term it would be neat to make a truss type system for the 233B.. with most of this stuff already on the truss. Or on the same note.. a Rodeo Dana 44.. weld on a truss and slap it under your rig...

100_1973800x600.jpg

Edited by AK9849cy