87 twin turbo sas 1 inch lift...

Yes, So basically the wheel well comes straight out to the rear fender rather than dipping back down to the fender lip like it once did. The paint around the edge gets burn by tack welding it back together. However it gets covered by the fender flare material so you can't tell it has been painted again.

This is also the reason a 2 door was used this time. In order to cut this deep into the fender on a 4 door a person would have to mess with the door.

It looks really good, I like the low with big tires look.

James

Made a receiver hitch and welded it directly in the frame. The tube bumper does not support the hitch in any way...

Now it is time to finish capping off the bumper...

RDFUGPO.jpg

Edited by AK9849cy

The last owner had installed some really descent speakers... however the 6x9 units in the rear were so deep they pushed out against the body panel.

So I made some 1/4 inch spacers to alleviate the problem.

It should also make the mount job stiffer in general.. thus providing a little better sound.

Can see where the magnet was rubbing..

100_1936800x600.jpg

Spacer from 1/4 inch plate... made to it will fit inside the interior panel when it is reinstalled.

100_1938800x600.jpg

Mounted up..

100_1937800x600.jpg

Just enough...

100_1939800x600.jpg

Body panel snapped into place...

100_1940800x600.jpg

Edited by AK9849cy

The last owner had installed some really descent speakers... however the 6x9 units in the rear were so deep they pushed out against the body panel.

So I made some 1/4 inch spacers to alleviate the problem.

It should also make the mount job stiffer in general.. thus providing a little better sound.

Can see where the magnet was rubbing..

100_1936800x600.jpg

Spacer from 1/4 inch plate... made to it will fit inside the interior panel when it is reinstalled.

100_1938800x600.jpg

Mounted up..

100_1937800x600.jpg

Just enough...

100_1939800x600.jpg

Body panel snapped into place...

100_1940800x600.jpg

I could have used some like that! Kind of late for me though. I had to space them out with some 1/4" nuts. Then when I tried to put the trim panels back on they didn't fit. I cut the factory grills off the trim panels and used the grills that came with the speakers. It was a real pain in the @ss, the plastic was like self healing. When I was cutting it the plastic would stick back together behind the saw blade like when you don’t have your torch set right cutting steel. It looks nice but was a lot of work and I really preferred people not know I had aftermarket speakers in there.

And why do I see some wire nuts in there? Fix that right!

James

And why do I see some wire nuts in there? Fix that right!

James

I got a laugh out of those nuts too... a guy goes out and spends over 200 bucks on speakers... then uses wire nuts? For me that old factory wiring is due to retire. Time for some newer updated copper to do the job.

I got a laugh out of those nuts too... a guy goes out and spends over 200 bucks on speakers... then uses wire nuts? For me that old factory wiring is due to retire. Time for some newer updated copper to do the job.

I didn't bother with the factory wiring because I didn't know if mine had the factory amps that others have mentioned. I got some wire from a home audio place that has the two wires in a plastic casing.

James

What's wrong with the wire nuts? Are you guys suggesting soldering or just crimping? I guess I know nothing about audio wiring.

I try to make it to the speaker without a splice. Even then I zip tie the wire to the speaker somehow so the connectors are not holding the weight of the wire. One more thing to vibrate free...

What's wrong with the wire nuts? Are you guys suggesting soldering or just crimping? I guess I know nothing about audio wiring.

While wire nuts are better than just twisting the wires together and taping them they are meant for AC electric, houses don’t move. It's just not proper etiquette to use them in a vehicle.

James

While wire nuts are better than just twisting the wires together and taping them they are meant for AC electric, houses don’t move. It's just not proper etiquette to use them in a vehicle.

James

Ok, right, vibration problems. Thanks.

You did what I want to do to my Pathy. I want a coil SAS but don't want to lift it like the others. Hell I don't even want bigger tires. Maybe 32s just to help correct the Odometer but that's it. Wish you where in AZ man. I'd have my ride over at your place within a couple months. What did you pull the high pinion 44 out of? Maybe I can talk you into building and shipping me some parts to complete my sas when I'm ready?

Wish you where in AZ man. I'd have my ride over at your place within a couple months.

Everyone wishes he was their neighbor! He could help me enlarge my fenders on my two door so I could put some oversized tires and kill the little bit of power I have left!

James

Haha ure the man ryan...my gf is pretty understanding and soon to be an understanding wife...whether she knows it or not lol...any woman that will let u drive 1800 miles to go wheeling with a 3 month old is understanding in my book...

PS she wants me to make her pathy look like yours....thanks for the challenge lol