87 twin turbo sas 1 inch lift...

Put the radiator in the bumper... giving more room for the intercooler..

100_1581800x600.jpg

The intercooler will set where the radiator once did. No pics mounted yet, however it is a "two in one out" type cooler with a homebrew aluminum shroud and two 1200 cfm fans. These fans will kick on at 3psi..

100_1579800x600.jpg

100_1580800x600.jpg

Edited by AK9849cy

Here it sets in the driveway before the engine/bumper mods started.. That rear end is "STOCK" factory everything! I did however cut out the wheelwells about 2.5 inches..

Those wheels and tires should look really familiar!

The frame height is about 17 inches...

100_1501800x600.jpg

Edited by AK9849cy

The engine is out of an 86 300zx turbo. I like the VG30et being it has more head bolts and can take more boost than the VG30DETT. However the turbos are from a DETT .. Those will be next... have a couple more days of fabbing to go before pics will show.. However here is a video I made for a bud a few weeks back. I have since then changed where the intercooler will be...

http://s561.photobucket.com/albums/ss55/nissansas/lowblo/?action=view&current=100_1521.mp4

Edited by AK9849cy

The engine is out of an 86 300zx turbo. I like the VG30et being it has more head bolts and can take more boost than the VG30DETT. However the turbos are from a DETT .. Those will be next... have a couple more days of fabbing to go before pics will show.. However here is a video I made for a bud a few weeks back. I have since then changed where the intercooler will be...

http://s561.photobuc...nt=100_1521.mp4

Very nice. I have an '84 Z engine and ECU running mine. Definitely a good engine choice! :aok:

That truck is bitchin. Good work

• Like 1

100_1584800x600.jpg

Sorry... should probably have a straight on pic of the front skid... makes it look jacked up. A little work to go on the bumper, however the neat parts of it are here.

100_1585800x600.jpg

Edited by AK9849cy

http://s561.photobucket.com/albums/ss55/nissansas/lowblo/?action=view&current=100_1521.mp4

Is there a specific reason why you want to do twin turbos? A single turbo can make you more power over a twin but the only advantage to twin is less lag. You can always trade the DETT turbos for a ET turbo.

Edited by Tungsten

Is there a specific reason why you want to do twin turbos? A single turbo can make you more power over a twin but the only advantage to twin is less lag. You can always trade the DETT turbos for a ET turbo.

I have the stock turbo setup laying here too.. Less lag and enough turbo to make these 440cc injectors work is the goal. Also have nistune and a couple more goodies to play with.

I can push these turbos to 400 horse if wanted.. and no firewall modifications needed..

Edited by AK9849cy

so...can I fly out to moab and push your HB around while you break that in?

Awesome build...you ever get that dash swapped out? my truck is still sitting and won't be touched for a long time...I hope to salvage a trip in october but hell october is almost here...

Hope to get to check it out in the next few years if you still have it...Nice work as always! :aok:

so...can I fly out to moab and push your HB around while you break that in?

Awesome build...you ever get that dash swapped out? my truck is still sitting and won't be touched for a long time...I hope to salvage a trip in october but hell october is almost here...

Hope to get to check it out in the next few years if you still have it...Nice work as always! :aok:

Thanks! Ya it will probably be a couple years before I head back to Gone Moab for the whole week. Being it is close I may hit a couple days here and there with local wheelin buds.

I think you need to save up for a Solid Axle conversion... The factory steering was kicking your butt!

Loving that low COG build :aok:

The idea was to see how reasonable I could build a Nissan. Two door Pathys can be found on Craigslist for under a grand here in Colorado. I love the ability to cut out the rear wheelwells on a 2 door. Being it is so low the rear end really doesn't need much. I may hit the junkyard for some lower links and use them on the top to make the rear links play together better.

This truck was built with as a mild trail rig that could get through some hard spots if needed.

Edited by AK9849cy

Curious, what coils did you use up front there?

Those are from wildhorses4x4 and are for an Early Bronco. Had them laying around from a 95 Pathy I built in the past.

My Favorite Bronco coils are from James Duff. They just worked the best..

http://www.wildhorses4x4.com/category/bronco_coil_springs

http://www.jamesduff.com/eb/suspension_components.html

Edited by AK9849cy

Thanks! Ya it will probably be a couple years before I head back to Gone Moab for the whole week. Being it is close I may hit a couple days here and there with local wheelin buds.

I think you need to save up for a Solid Axle conversion... The factory steering was kicking your butt!

Oh yes it was...that's the plan...so I did bend my pitman arm and my lca bushings u can see thru...those were my main issues

Loving that low COG build :aok:

X2 Looks really good. I love the ingenuity of putting the rad in the bumper. I do wonder, though, if the intercooler may have been a better choice? No fluid in it to spill all over the place in the, albeit unlikely, event of a puncture.

Great work again though. :aok:

X2 Looks really good. I love the ingenuity of putting the rad in the bumper. I do wonder, though, if the intercooler may have been a better choice? No fluid in it to spill all over the place in the, albeit unlikely, event of a puncture.

Great work again though. :aok:

The intercooler would have been a little easier to locate down there. The priority of the project is to decrease the lag. This configuration cuts the amount of intercooler ducking by about 70%.

This engine has a 7.8 to 1 compression from factory. Any idea I can come up with to get the boost to amp up faster is being entertained. I was thinking supercharger for many years but it doesn't compensate for the altitude like a turbo will.

And... when this engine takes a crap it makes it much easier to shoehorn a VH45 under the hood.

...................................................................................................

Simon, interesting enough this rig is next.. It is currently on 33's and will be lower on 35's when done.

100_1586800x600.jpg

Edited by AK9849cy

Oh yes it was...that's the plan...so I did bend my pitman arm and my lca bushings u can see thru...those were my main issues

I have a few pitmans laying around. I am not sure what happened to the other setup we were talking about. I must have given it away without knowing...

The intercooler would have been a little easier to locate down there. The priority of the project is to decrease the lag. This configuration cuts the amount of intercooler ducking by about 70%.

This engine has a 7.8 to 1 compression from factory. Any idea I can come up with to get the boost to amp up faster is being entertained. I was thinking supercharger for many years but it doesn't compensate for the altitude like a turbo will.

And... when this engine takes a crap it makes it much easier to shoehorn a VH45 under the hood.

...................................................................................................

Simon, interesting enough this rig is next.. It is currently on 33's and will be lower on 35's when done.

100_1586800x600.jpg

Makes sense regarding the intercooler.

I look forward to seeing pics of that sucker done up as well. Your work is always a treat for us mere mortals. :beer:

Makes sense regarding the intercooler.

I look forward to seeing pics of that sucker done up as well. Your work is always a treat for us mere mortals. :beer:

LOL, I just love to tinker with stuff. That X is going to make a wave in the X forums... it will hit the web sometime around January.

..................................................................................................

Found the old headlights from the red 95...

100_1587800x600.jpg

100_1588800x600.jpg

Edited by AK9849cy

I have a few pitmans laying around. I am not sure what happened to the other setup we were talking about. I must have given it away without knowing...

Theres a new you pull it lot here in town that from what i've heard not a lot of folks know about...i'm hoping in the next month or so to get over there and get some parts...i'm gonna reinforce the new used pitman arm once i get one

I researched doing the 1 ton conversion and its very plausable with the chevy 1 ton TRE's and links but I havent decided if its worth it yet or not depending on if/when i can SAS

The truck's looking good...Krystal said she wants your pathy...

Edited by unccpathfinder