Which suspension lift should I get?

Joel97R50

You won't get much lift on those OME's. I installed the AC lift and got much more clearance at 2" than .5" you get from an OME. You can get a 6" lift if you go with an SFD. Follow the threads on this forum on an SFD.

That is kind of confusing to me. Rocky Road says OME2922 is a 1.75 lift. Rugged rocks says .5, I saw another site say anywhere from.5 to 3 inches on them. I will be happy with 1.5 or more. I am looking for a little lift and a better ride without putting too much stress on my cv axles. I am going to call Rugged tomorrow just to see exactly what they say.

Edited by Joel97R50

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found this on another topic.

nope...its actually referred to as a .5" lift because each grade of spring...LD, MD, HD, give .5" of lift respectively with xx # of lbs over stock weight respectively. It is confusing, it does lift 1.75-2" and some of the part # are mixed up too.

Tye

Strut spacers for the front to give it the even look

I can't find the strut spacers on the RuggedRoads website. Where can you get them for $40?

We have strut spacers for the R50 here in Australia fabricated by Snake Racing, but it's $250!!!

I can't find the strut spacers on the RuggedRoads website. Where can you get them for $40?

We have strut spacers for the R50 here in Australia fabricated by Snake Racing, but it's $250!!!

Go here Rocky Road and look for the Trim packers. $20 per side.

I decided to pass on the spacers for now. If I have a little rake I will live with it. Besides that is less stress on the axles anyways. when I replace the struts I can decide if I want spacers at that time.

Edited by Joel97R50

you won't need strut spacers if you have the HD fronts and MD rears.

my HDs are starting to settle some more and it's getting close to even. fronts still look a little higher than my rears right now.

the OMEs give quite a bit of lift, especially the HD/MD combo. my bro has MD all around and got about an 1" in the front and about 1.5" in the rear.

i didn't bother to measure my front, but i would put my front at about a 1.5"-1.75" in the front and about 1.5" in the rear.

you won't need strut spacers if you have the HD fronts and MD rears.

my HDs are starting to settle some more and it's getting close to even. fronts still look a little higher than my rears right now.

the OMEs give quite a bit of lift, especially the HD/MD combo. my bro has MD all around and got about an 1" in the front and about 1.5" in the rear.

i didn't bother to measure my front, but i would put my front at about a 1.5"-1.75" in the front and about 1.5" in the rear.

That is awesome. I cannot wait to get mine and install them!

I am looking for a little lift and a better ride without putting too much stress on my cv axles.

If you got any cash left over, I suggest investing in some new CV's or just new boots from Rockford Constant Velocity. I replaced my passanger CV a month after my lift cuz it tore. Then the driver side tore a few weeks after that. Then I finally got the better boots and had them replaced because the cheap CV i bought from the parts store only lasted 4 days. Even with Warn manual hubs the boot still tore. My boots have survived one offroad trip so far... :aok:

Edited by Phantom01Pathfinder

Is there no HD rear spring? I don't care about ride quality and also tow a lot. Just want height and even stance.

Then you want what I wanted. Max lift from the springs. I went with the AC set up and am perfectly happy with my choice.

Then you want what I wanted. Max lift from the springs. I went with the AC set up and am perfectly happy with my choice.

I did the same. If your looking for the 2" heighth, The A/C lift is the way to go. No problems with my CV's. I off-road and tow a trailer with no problems. I did have to install 1.5" adapters on all for wheels which gives it a nice stance on a 285/70R/17 Tire. 33's respectively. Having fun with it. Ready for that SFD 6" lift now for some more fun.

Going from my stock '98 suspension to OME/KYB gave me 1.75 all around with the HD/MD combo . Love it.

I would be quite happy with the same results, did you use the strut spacers in front?

Yes. I remember this stage in my lift process. The worst part was just looking at my short Pathy and imagining what it was "about" to look like. :thumbsdown:

I do this every day! I have already removed the side steps! Once I get the lift I want to get some 31's, skid plates, rock sliders and manual hubs. some day I want a snorkel just to say I have one.

I do this every day! I have already removed the side steps! Once I get the lift I want to get some 31's, skid plates, rock sliders and manual hubs. some day I want a snorkel just to say I have one.

Ha ha. I hear ya. I was pretty lucky and did my stuff all at once (well, one whole day).

For anyone interested in the after pics of the lift I posted them in a new thread. Click the link below.

Lift Complete

thanks to everyone for your opinions and feedback. I know this was a noob question and has been answered hundreds of times. Have no fear I have since learned the beauty of search on these forums.

Enjoy!

Edited by Joel97R50