Which suspension lift should I get?

Joel97R50

I am going to purchase lift springs for my Pathfinder.

I can get the Emu 1.75 inch lift springs for $330 with shipping.

Or

I can get the ones from 4X4 parts for $434 shipped. This boasts a 2 inch lift.

Do I spend n extra $100 for .25 inch lift? Will I really see the full 2 inches? Is there anything you can add to help me decide?

Thanks!

Edited by Joel97R50

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You will get mixed reviews when it comes to which lift to go with. Read some of the other threads and see how others have decided.

Ive got the AC lift from 4x4parts and i love it! if you have saggy suspension you will get more than 2in of lift. I didnt take measurements, but i would say i gained 3 - 4in. Over time it will settle. When my lift was first installed, the front was higher than the rear, but the front has settled and i have the raked look.

I think I am going to go with the AC lift. Did you purchase the Camber kit as well? I saw it was $30 a side on 4x4parts.com

Anywhere else cheaper I can get it?

Uh one more question. The kit on amazon only goes from -1 to +1 do you think that will be enough? I noticed the one on 4x4 is -2 to +2

Id go with the one thats got more adjustability, just incase you get wicked camber when its lifted. But im sure others will give some input...

So I was doing some research and I guess the OME springs don't require camber bolts. Seems like less hassle and a little less money spent. Decisions decisions.

So after much personal debate and reading I think I am going to go with the EMU springs Hd in front and MD in back to keep it somewhat even.

My reasoning is it is cheaper and seems like less work without the camber bolts needed. It would cost me $500 for the Springs and camber kits from 4x4. I can get the springs from EMU for $330.

It seems like the application will do everything I want/need it to. If anyone comes across this and has any other insight that would be great.

I believe that Pezzy is running the AC springs w/o the camber bolts? They only suggest using them to eliminate the "bull dog" stance that you will get regardless of which springs you choose to go with.

I believe that Pezzy is running the AC springs w/o the camber bolts? They only suggest using them to eliminate the "bull dog" stance that you will get regardless of which springs you choose to go with.

Interesting. I am going to call Rocky road today and ask them a bunch of questions.

Just make sure you get the part numbers correct....the HD front springs are OME2928 and the MD are OME2923. I think I recall people being confused by Rocky Road's description of thier Heavy Duty springs that really ended up being the Medium Duty.

Just make sure you get the part numbers correct....the HD front springs are OME2928 and the MD are OME2923. I think I recall people being confused by Rocky Road's description of thier Heavy Duty springs that really ended up being the Medium Duty.

Great info!!

Thanks!

When I called Rocky road today to put my order in the guy said if I ordered the HD upfront my ride would be real stiff and if I was not running a heavy duty bumper or a winch I should stick with the all purpose. I decided to think it over a bit.

Thoughts?

Also if I am getting the HD springs for the front and I am not running a bumper or a winch do I need the spacers up front or will it sit level without is since it is a stronger spring? Or am I just being dumb.

So I did it!

Ordered the HD OME2928 for the front and MD OME2922 for the rear. I ordered them from ruggedrocksoffroad.com. I have not ordered the spacers yet. I wanted to make sure I even need them before I drop the $40 on them.

Very interested to see photos of the finished results!!

Good choice on the OME's by the way.

ps. what spacers are you talking about? Wheel spacers or Spring Spacers?

I'd be interested in front and back Spring Spacers.

Edited by Westy

You won't get much lift on those OME's. I installed the AC lift and got much more clearance at 2" than .5" you get from an OME. You can get a 6" lift if you go with an SFD. Follow the threads on this forum on an SFD.

Very interested to see photos of the finished results!!

Good choice on the OME's by the way.

ps. what spacers are you talking about? Wheel spacers or Spring Spacers?

I'd be interested in front and back Spring Spacers.

Strut spacers for the front to give it the even look