Squishy Brakes

same here, although I think it was a combination of things like leaks and air in the system. I had to take some bypasses and then i eventually just stopped running the trails and went to explore canyonlands 'roads' instead. When I got home, I replaced the fluid, some more corroded hard lines and the original rubber lines with the braided set from automotive customizers. I also lost a slide pin bolt from my rear caliper and had to replace the other rear caliper due to a siezed, leaking piston. After all that work, the brakes are solid again, although I rarely drive the pathfinder anymore. :/

FWIW, I'm still on the original M/C and it feels fine.

were does it state the orientation is from sitting in the vehicle thats righ it doesnt it from standing in front of the car, you can mess with the lsv all you want lol the air will get pumped through it regardless

Any time "left" or "right" is said for something on a vehicle, it's supposed to be in relation to sitting in the driver's seat. Not standing outside facing it. It's a little detail that makes a big difference.

OP, when you bleed the brakes use DOT 4 fluid instead of DOT 3. Completely compatible, but the DOT 4 has a higher temperature rating and also absorbs a lot less moisture. From what I've seen it's about the same price and lasts longer.

Well, I have checked all lines, calipers and the M/C, no leaks......waiting on a buddy to get here to help bleed the lines and then to add the Dot 4 fluid.....more to follow, as I have a three hour trip to get to the Superlift Park in Hot Springs on Saturday.....

Oh, and thanks for all of the input!!!!!! It helped out greatly!!!!!!

Todd

Edited by Meandmy92Pathy

Boys and girls: please keep on topic, and refrain from name calling and flaming.

Todd, I hope you can get your issue solved. Let us know when you figure it out.

I had that kind of problem. But my rear brake slides was stucked. When i drive a long period of time the rear pistons went in cause the slidertappets was so stuck it twisted the caliper frame and pushed the rear pistons back in.

I was a painfull job to loosen those slide tappets.

It may also be masterc or some air in brake system.

Boys and girls: please keep on topic, and refrain from name calling and flaming.

Todd, I hope you can get your issue solved. Let us know when you figure it out.

Thanks, Pezzy......I got them bled and refilled with Dot 4......will go on hiway run tomorrow and check everything out.....i am in the middle of a rear quick disco install and don't want to do a high speed hiway run right now!!!!! Will follow up tomorrow!!!!!

Jeez, where ever Warehouserat is, there is a pissing contest.

As far as OPs problem. I would start with a brake bleed, since you don't know when the last time it was, and I'm assuming this is a used truck, definitely NOT a bad idea to do it.

Don't have access to an 92 FSM, but a 94 is kinda close. Driver side is ALWAYS the left side. and the Passenger side is ALWAYS the right side. no matter how you spin it, get over it.

LSV (Load Sensing Valve) -> Left Rear -> Right Rear -> Left Front -> Right Front -> ABS Module (if so equipped). The ignition must be off and the connector on the ABS module disconnected to bleed the ABS Module. It is on the passenger side of the truck, and iirc at the B pillar on the frame.

Also, Warehouserat, give it up being a 20+ year certified ASE tech. It's getting old. :deadhorse:

Thanks, Silverton.....and yes it was a used truck.....the PO did a fine job of maintaining it, however, I have now bled and refilled with Dot 4.....more to follow on how well it worked!!!!!