Herculiner

erathge

So I used Herculiner on my rocker panels and fender flares.. I really like how it turned out where I have used it so far. Thanks to fukinitupagain for all the tips and advice. Was thinking of maybe taking it to the next level and doing my front and rear bumper covers and maybe up to the first line on the door.. . What do you guys think?

c22602af.jpg

a409d077.jpg

a371591d.jpg

it's goeing to be personal preference and some are goeing to say yay while some say nay. On my (wifes) 4runner we went to about the height you are thinking.

49e695a1-1.jpg

hard to tell though due to the truck being a dark color to begin with. WhiteOwl though don't currently have any painted areas coated though I have thrown the idea in my head to do the pink area then paint overtop of it again keeping my pink obviously.

I would say play with some photoshop type things to see if you want the color that high and personally would do it if it were my truck. Maby while playing with that photo editor see what the wheels would look like darkened as well or something :shrug:

oh and...

a409d077.jpg

I have the same cheap azz $20 Target shoes :lol: it's either them or work boots!

So I used Herculiner on my rocker panels and fender flares.. I really like how it turned out where I have used it so far. Thanks to fukinitupagain for all the tips and advice. Was thinking of maybe taking it to the next level and doing my front and rear bumper covers and maybe up to the first line on the door.. . What do you guys think?

c22602af.jpg

a409d077.jpg

a371591d.jpg

Do you have a full side pic?

it's goeing to be personal preference and some are goeing to say yay while some say nay. On my (wifes) 4runner we went to about the height you are thinking.

49e695a1-1.jpg

hard to tell though due to the truck being a dark color to begin with. WhiteOwl though don't currently have any painted areas coated though I have thrown the idea in my head to do the pink area then paint overtop of it again keeping my pink obviously.

I would say play with some photoshop type things to see if you want the color that high and personally would do it if it were my truck. Maby while playing with that photo editor see what the wheels would look like darkened as well or something :shrug:

oh and...

I have the same cheap azz $20 Target shoes :lol: it's either them or work boots!

I like the idea of the wheels, I've been thinking of doing something to them for a while. Are you saying heruline them? Or paint em? I don't really know what the best way to coat over alloys would be..? And Yes, I think I got these shoes for real cheap too! What a deal :)

Do you have a full side pic?

No not yet sorry, the trucks still in the garage until tomorrow when the flares are dry.. After I take it out tomorrow I'll take a pic of the side.

paint... I think bedliner would make em a bit more of a challange to balance... but would look neat (I did use aerosol liner on my winter wheels last year. 0 prep=not the best job :suicide: ) There are a few people around here that have painted factory alloys. Off the top of my head I belive adamzan and Kingman have both painted a set of legos :shrug:

Somebody needs to loaf in poho more :lol: (I hear about it regularry, blame another member for when I initially bought it, and it's my wires anyway... Why you think it's the more masculine looking! :rofl: )

Back to the topic at hand!

WhiteOwl though don't currently have any painted areas coated though I have thrown the idea in my head to do the pink area then paint overtop of it again keeping my pink obviously.

You could always get the 3M rocker spray, it is made to be painted over, or they have a tintable version that you could mix pink.

It'll probably look like somebody carved your truck out of a piece of granite. Not that that's a bad thing... if it keeps the rust down, might be worth it. It would be a royal PITA around mounts and trim, though.

• 1 month later...

iam thinking about paint whole car with this bedliner ___My link___

somebody knows how it looks on pathy?

I actually just bedlinered my truck about 3 weeks ago, looks fairly good for rattle can waves, dont really care about the waves though, few spots i wanna fix here and there but overall it looks good. my gf even said it looked good..... suprisingly enough....lol i painted my stock wheels about 6 months ago with some high temp flat black, turned out good but brake dust is making it look brownish. prep on the wheels was almost as much of a pain to mask of the whole truck for the bedliner. wanna finish up soon with some front and rear tube bumpers..... then on to the suspension.... anyways ill try and get some pics soon of the overall look, if nothing else so you can get an idea if thats the route you wanna take. but i will say this, now i dont have to worry much about scratching it....lol and also it concealed alot of imperfections from my novice body work.

I actually just bedlinered my truck about 3 weeks ago, looks fairly good for rattle can waves, dont really care about the waves though, few spots i wanna fix here and there but overall it looks good. my gf even said it looked good..... suprisingly enough....lol i painted my stock wheels about 6 months ago with some high temp flat black, turned out good but brake dust is making it look brownish. prep on the wheels was almost as much of a pain to mask of the whole truck for the bedliner. wanna finish up soon with some front and rear tube bumpers..... then on to the suspension.... anyways ill try and get some pics soon of the overall look, if nothing else so you can get an idea if thats the route you wanna take. but i will say this, now i dont have to worry much about scratching it....lol and also it concealed alot of imperfections from my novice body work.

ooh, waiting for the pics

• 10 months later...

I bed lined my wheel wells rocker pannels, most of the frame and every where in the underside of the trunk where the spare was also up to the first lines on the doors. Bumper next. A lot of prep but came out amazing. Looks rugged