HID projectors?! anyone did it yet?

Nice186

oh and it depends what k type of light you get.. they range from 1000 to 130000 i think..and i got 6000k because it was the clearest ray of light..anything below or above start to get purple and blue.i dont like my headlights to be colored

If I were to do HIDs, I would use real HID headlights, the ones with the glass eye thing for better aiming. Those HID kits just put HID bulbs into regular headlight housings, which makes them extremely hard to aim properly. I really don't know how the HID ballast switches between high and low beam without a motorized mount. Maybe it reduces the voltage to the bulb? I have to research the HID kits more to see how well they will run with regular headlight housings. Do you have some driving pictures at night?

Edited by Tungsten

Thanks soooo much!!! This looks like a good kit now I just gotta save some money up then buy the euro headlight housing so it will look better thanks again!

where would i find euro housings..cause people always flash there brights at me...haha..but its hard to see at night so i dont care..and when i switch to brights.. its not to much better, IMO

Of course not. Headlights are designed to be ran with the bulb they were made for, obviously. Engineer's designed the headlight filament focal point with the reflector and glass fluting in mind.

With your HID bulb, the "filament" is not where it's supposed to be to make full use of the housing's fluting, you're just throwing light every which direction and mostly blinding oncoming drivers. It's just down right dangerous. Just wait til they veer in to your lane because they can't see the road anymore.

This is one of my biggest pet peeve's. And I wasn't going to say anything, til you said "I can't see". I figured all the little rice boys would stay away from Pathfinder's... but apparently I'm wrong. You'd be able to see better with some Sylvania SilverStar Ultra's... or the TRUE German Silver Star... or even the Philips NightGuide. The NightGuide is my personal favorite and run them in all my vehicles.

Leave the HID's to the vehicles that came with HID's, or do a proper retrofit and not some cheesedick ebay bull@!*%. Seriously.

I agree, the eBay kits just half ass the HID install and throw the light in every direction. I don't think there are any Pathfinder HID headlights that are available for WD21s. The only option, if you want HIDs, is to get auxiliary "glass eye" style lights and mount them in the fog light circuit.

I agree, the eBay kits just half ass the HID install and throw the light in every direction. I don't think there are any Pathfinder HID headlights that are available for WD21s. The only option, if you want HIDs, is to get auxiliary "glass eye" style lights and mount them in the fog light circuit.

This is true I have seen them in my local pepboys but they look really small lol

• 1 month later...

If you really want HID's plus the actual REAL added benefit then this buy the euro clear lexan / plastic headlights then modify them like this guy did to his tacoma. It's what I will be doing someday.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/62898-hid-retro-fx-r-bi-xenon-4300k-bulbs-gatling-shrouds-complete.html

He got his parts here

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/index.php

-Colby

I don't get the hype about HID lights. My mom's maxima has them factory, and while they are great most of the time, when it rains the color temp of the light makes it really hard to see.

I don't get the hype about HID lights. My mom's maxima has them factory, and while they are great most of the time, when it rains the color temp of the light makes it really hard to see.

Are you talking about an older pre-projector style headlight maxima, because then I could understand what u mean.

Otherwise a proper HID setup is FAR superior in every way to halogen. Especially during inclement weather.

-Colby

I got Green Bi-Xenon, (low and high beam). Bulbs 9004.

My Pathy is more Hulk then Daredevil now (I was blind totally, with weak yellow 9004)... I was even using a flash light once.

Installation is easy, following the instruction, anybody can do it, my Dominican electrician, did it in 15 minutes, agreed price to install was 500 pesos ($13 usd), so I paid 600 pesos.

henon-installation.jpg

and Hulk 95:

hulk-pathy.jpg

If you really want HID's plus the actual REAL added benefit then this buy the euro clear lexan / plastic headlights then modify them like this guy did to his tacoma. It's what I will be doing someday.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/62898-hid-retro-fx-r-bi-xenon-4300k-bulbs-gatling-shrouds-complete.html

He got his parts here

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/index.php

-Colby

I have actually bought a set of these ( mine are different though and costed about 150 bucks) about 2 weeks ago they should be here anyday now....hopefully they work out well!

I will post pics when i do it

Edited by edicer2