02 Pathfinder OME Suspension

PivoArch

Hey All,

I'm getting ready to buy my OME lift. I'm planning on getting the Springs from Rugged Rocks:

OME2928 Heavy Load for the Fronts

OME2922 Medium Load for the Rear

I seem to recall people having problems with the OME shocks and recommending the KB GR2's and Gas-a-Justs, is that accurate?

Are KYB 335035, KYB 335056 and KYB 343379 the correct part numbers for those? Also, I know I need to get new OEM strut mounts and bearings, would anyone happen to know the part numbers for those?

Thanks in advance,

I have a 2004 and just recently put in the OME springs and rear shocks. I used the KYB GR-2 struts in the front. The part numbers for the KYBs are:

I think the rear KYB shock part number (343379) is correct.

I haven't had any issues with the OME shocks.

Edited by SilentLamb

Thanks for the part numbers, gonna try to order everything up next week. Still trying to figure out exactly which OEM parts i need for the mounts.

Hey All,

I'm getting ready to buy my OME lift. I'm planning on getting the Springs from Rugged Rocks:

OME2928 Heavy Load for the Fronts

OME2922 Medium Load for the Rear

I seem to recall people having problems with the OME shocks and recommending the KB GR2's and Gas-a-Justs, is that accurate?

Are KYB 335035, KYB 335056 and KYB 343379 the correct part numbers for those? Also, I know I need to get new OEM strut mounts and bearings, would anyone happen to know the part numbers for those?

Thanks in advance,

per the KYB catalog: http://www.kyb.com/catalogs/index.php

KYB GR-2 struts: RH=335032, LH=335033

KYB GR-2 shocks: both are 343379

or alternatively

KYB Gas-A-Just: both are KG4163

Nissan OEM strut bearing: something along the lines of "54325"

Nissan OEM strut mount: something along the lines "54320"

*I use "something along the lines of" because some dealerships append their own tracking/serial numbers to the part numbers, but all should have the same "base" number

If I were you, I'd bring a copy of the parts list illustration to make sure they order the correct part (to avoid the hassle of 15% restocking fee if THEY order the wrong part)

CourtesyParts.com - 1996-2004 Pathfinder front suspension

r50_401-3.gif

In regards to the rear shocks...

I had purchased both the KYB GR-2 (aka Excel) and Gas-A-Justs rear shocks from Amazon.com. Comparing the 2, the Gas-A-Justs had noticably* more resistance in them as far as slowly compressing the GR-2 and Gas-A-Justs (ie. Gas-A-Justs took more strength to push down and comparess compared to the GR-2). I also did a hand-shock comparison, where I'd just momentarily press and release my weight to each shock. Again, the Gas-A-Just provided noticably* more resistance to compress.

I went for the Gas-A-Justs, just because they were a little more "heavy duty-ness" to them, compared to the GR-2 rear shocks.

*noticably - by this I mean, you can feel the difference. I wouldn't say it was MUCH more different, but enough difference to be able to notice.

However, not sure if you're concerned with looks or not, but here's my truck with the white Gas-A-Justs in the rear. The white makes them quite noticable. They only come in white.

IMG_0012.JPG

IMG_0016.JPG

Edited by Qx4donald

Awesome Qx4donald. This is great information and exactly what I have been looking for. I don't think I would mind the white shocks so much. Thanks for the info, now I just need to get the newest recall checked out and I can go about ordering my new suspension.