Intermediate exhaust pipe!

RoDy

Hi does anyone has a picture of the Intermediate exhaust pipe brackets from a 93 pathy 4WD im planning on replacing it i got the new pipe but I think Im missing some brackets that hold down to the transfer case Im not sure I pretty much need a picture to seee what a stock pipe brackets looks like it and then I can get those parts... thanks... :scratchhead:

I think what tungsten is trying to say is that the exhaust is a bit of a rough and dirty system, and as long as it works, it works. That said, the more mounts you have missing, the more stress you'll put on your other mounts, and they'll fail sooner as a result...

yes, you do need it, unless you enjoy replacing exhaust gaskets. My exhaust has blown the gasket in the same place 3+ times. If I had one more bracket pushing down on the top front part of the midpipe at that connection, I don't think I would have that much trouble with it, but i'm just going to weld the midpipe to the header y-pipe and be done with it. At this point in my truck's life, i'm more concerned with making things hold together rather than make it easy to take apart.

Fix it or you will run into problems down the road including burning carpet, rusted floorboards and noxious gasses not originating from humans making their way into the cabin. It doesn't have to be pretty, it just has to stabilize and support the pipe. Bolt/weld your bracket to the frame or tranny, but avoid the body since it can move independently of the chassis.

yeah thats why i wanted to make it the right way dont wanna create any more stress on the muffler bracket...

yes, you do need it, unless you enjoy replacing exhaust gaskets. My exhaust has blown the gasket in the same place 3+ times. If I had one more bracket pushing down on the top front part of the midpipe at that connection, I don't think I would have that much trouble with it, but i'm just going to weld the midpipe to the header y-pipe and be done with it. At this point in my truck's life, i'm more concerned with making things hold together rather than make it easy to take apart.

Fix it or you will run into problems down the road including burning carpet, rusted floorboards and noxious gasses not originating from humans making their way into the cabin. It doesn't have to be pretty, it just has to stabilize and support the pipe. Bolt/weld your bracket to the frame or tranny, but avoid the body since it can move independently of the chassis.

Stop using ****** gaskets. :tongue:

FYI: I was able to suspend the entire midpipe and a catalytic converter just on those two bolts!

Generally yes, the more hangers the better BUT if you have less of them that's less stuff (and that @!*% tends to rust impossibly well) to remove when you have to do maintenance.

Edited by Tungsten