My R50.........WRECKED

smoke

About 6pm Tuesday I was in a accident....not so much body damage....but my entire suspension is FUBAR... Was hit hard enough to spin 90 degrees and across 2 lanes of traffic in to the curb on the other side of the street...this hitting both front and rear wheels on the curb and bouncing almost rolled over... The rear axle is 2-4 inches off center to the driver side and front suspension is FUBAR...IDK the damage to the front but i do kno the alingment is out of wack and power steering is FUBAR also...

Visible rear damage to underbody....pan rod bent about 3 inches, the upper links brackests are bent both on body and axle...lower links look ok...both wheels on passenger side need replacing from contact with curb...

I have no idea what is wrong with the front end...i kno the power steering is messed up along with alignment and possibly the struts and mounts...

Im afraid that the insurance adjuster is going to total out my baby.....im half near broke right now and with out a vehicle to tow with...my side business is going to fail...

Edited by smoke

About 6pm Tuesday I was in a accident....not so much body damage....but my entire suspension is FUBAR... Was hit hard enough to spin 90 degrees and across 2 lanes of traffic in to the curb on the other side of the street...this hitting both front and rear wheels on the curb and bouncing almost rolled over... The rear axle is 2-4 inches off center to the driver side and front suspension is FUBAR...IDK the damage to the front but i do kno the alingment is out of wack and power steering is FUBAR also...

Visible rear damage to underbody....pan rod bent about 3 inches, the upper links brackests are bent both on body and axle...lower links look ok...both wheels on passenger side need replacing from contact with curb...

I have no idea what is wrong with the front end...i kno the power steering is messed up along with alignment and possibly the struts and mounts...

Im afraid that the insurance adjuster is going to total out my baby.....im half near broke right now and with out a vehicle to tow with...my side business is going to fail...

Damn... that sounds like it'd be totaled (sp?).

Not to sound cliche, but the most important thing is that you're ok!

yea.....im ok for the most part....I rebuilt half the damn rear end and upper half of the engine...my blood and sweat is all over this truck....i doubt ill have enough for another pathy...idk yet..i hate being in limbo...if i dont get another R50....i mught just get an actual truck

Edited by smoke

Sorry to hear that. Glad you're okay. Shame at the loss of the Pathy though. You should get another one and keep the totaled one for spare parts! (Just not suspension parts).

I have no idea what is going ot happen... I only have liability coverage... and if the find me to be at fault im screwed... Insruance companys are going to be hacking it out... If I do get a settlement either total truck out or fixed... im going to turn around and use the money to buy a actual mid size truck... need it more than a SUV at this point... I do lawncare/landscape/tree cutting on the side... but with nothing to tow my trailer Im pretty muched screwed....

Depending on the secrecy of ALL the suspension damage (the panhard bar is an easy fix and the mounts a simple job for a good bodyshop) the p/s issues could just be the steering fighting a wHacked alignment from smacking the front wheel, or the steering rack took a bad jar... Hard to judge without seein and having hands on it. Did yo get hit or hit someone/something? Where was the point of impact on your truck? Many variables in the situation...

yea.....im ok for the most part....I rebuilt half the damn rear end and upper half of the engine...my blood and sweat is all over this truck....i doubt ill have enough for another pathy...idk yet..i hate being in limbo...if i dont get another R50....i mught just get an actual truck

Sorry to hear that. Glad you're okay. Shame at the loss of the Pathy though. You should get another one and keep the totaled one for spare parts! (Just not suspension parts).

yup, keep it, it's probably repairable, an insurance company just won't be willing to fix it.

and NO kyle, your panhard bar should be STRAIGHT. go look at a pic of king.

IDK yet....the impact was to the steel under bumper in the rear on the drivers side....which spun me and made my passenger side hit the curb and land on top of it.... i damn near rolled over... if it wasnt for the little tree i would of... i knew about the exhaust leak...had to take it to a shop out of county to get it inspected...lol

as for the front end IDK the damage exactly... im not too keen about front end work...

but still have to wait and see what insurance says....there trying to blame me for it because i was the one who took the left turn out of a parking lot....

will post more pix explaining

You were hit from the back... The person that hit you should have had control of their vechile. Normally that's how it ends up, or a 'no fault' since it could be considered failure to yield to both partys

The red line is where I started and came out of the parking lot....

the light bluse line represents stopped traffic from one light to the next...

The yellow X is sight of impact

The green line shows the direction after impact...

The blue box shows how my truck was sitting on the side walk and curb after i had stop moving....

This image is from a satalite view that is through the county tax office. and is public information

GeoData21.jpg

This next phot is of a larger area....So if traffic was stopped up from one light to the next one...comon sense says that she had to go around a double line to get to the turn lane...because when i got to that turn lane there was no one there one light to another....

GeoData3.jpg

Edited by smoke

You have an exhaust leak

ALL HOPE IS LOST NOW!!! OMG!!! lol

Sadly, (here anyway) left turn typically means at fault. :(

I say, salvage what you can & try & grad another Pathy. I've had mine for more than 10 years & when the time comes that its ca-put, I'm swapping junk over to another one. Sorry to hear about the Pathy, always sad when one gets hit & destroyed instead of just running its course & eventually dieing on its own

Yea its a bummer.....But with such an impact to throw me across 2 lanes uphill and on the curb....she had to be speeding...which is my opinion...and my insurance agent agrees too... so we will see how the fight goes...