WRECKED PATHY

ticker

Got rear ended by a F350 Dually yesterday. Direct impact centered on the license plate. I'm amazed at how well the pathfinder held up. Thank God we weren't in my wife's mazda. My poor wife was in the back middle seat so she got the worst of it and ended up being taken to the hospital to be checked out. She'll be sore for a few days but it looks like she'll be fine. Also had my two kids, 1 and 3 in the car and my mom. I'm pretty sure the pathy is totaled in that it will be more to fix than it is worth. I won't find out until early in the week when the adjuster sees it whats going to happen but I'm wondering where I can find out its value. I paid 4000 for it 2 years ago and it runs/ran great. 1998 LE 5sp

Thanks

Tony

pics below

Edited by ticker

kbb.com

http://www.kbb.com/used-cars/nissan/pathfinder/1998?category=suv

Start there and fill in options accordingly

edit: might have to change the zip code at the top too to get a more acurate value, though PA to Ohio shouldn't change it too much

and show a couple pics, though Im sure it's toatled from what you say, it's hard to judge without looking at it. and good everyones ok, let the Mrs get soem rest and feel better as well :aok:

Edited by nunya

sure edit while I'm typing...

lookk at the gap on the backside of the RR door, top compared to bottom. The truck is tweaked, sadly I'd say insurance is gonna total it. Not worth it to them honestly.

sure edit while I'm typing...

lookk at the gap on the backside of the RR door, top compared to bottom. The truck is tweaked, sadly I'd say insurance is gonna total it. Not worth it to them honestly.

I agree, its over 10 years old so even if it were just the hatch, glass, and taillight, at a dealers part cost and labour rate, that alone would still be enough to total it.

Glad everyone is okay though!!

Glad to hear you and yours are ok, but sorry about the pathy. Nunya is very experienced with wrecked vehicles so he is probably right with his assessment, unfortunately.

Link doesn't work for people who boycott Facebeek...

B

wreck3.jpg

wreck1.jpg

enough to get the point across for non-FBers:aok:

there being what I instantly saw and an adjuster is goeing to see (or I would point out personally)

wreck3-1.jpg

it wouldn't hurt to take it to a rep body shop and get an honest estimate.insurance companies are notorious for tryin to low ball the cost and they are bad about pricing it with used parts.since it was the other guys fault, they will try and get out as cheap as they can.

Thanks for re-posting the pics, I couldn't figure out how to do that myself. I noticed the same thing Nunya. That whole side is pretty mashed. There is about a 1/2" of clearance between the tire and the mudflap along with the alignment that you noticed in the pic. It is way more that the hatch. The area below the hatch is shredded and the frame on the drivers side is buckled just behind the rear tire. I'd be surprised if it wasn't totalled. I'm bummed becuase even though it was old it was a solid reliable truck. I have no doubt that the pathy saved our lives. Every time I look at it I just imagine the carnage if we were in our protege5.

It was totally the other guys fault and he got cited for failure to maintain a safe distance. We'll see what kind of offer they make, I expect them to resore the material aspects back to where they were and make sure that an medical needs my wife my have are taken care of.

No problem :aok:

That's a plus and minus of unibodys there. It protected everyone by crumpling, but in the process tweaked the whole thing where a frame on body you would be able to bodyswap a high hit like that (not that an insurance company would do that either). When it comes to frame damage (the roof and floor being considered part of the frame on unibodies) no insurance company is going to fix it unless it's minor and some high end special package ride. It becomes too much of a liability with the "this don't work right" and "that don't feel right" freeloader way people can get. People will go as far as to try to blame preexisting problems and wearable stuff on an accident.

Take care Of the Mrs, give the truck a hug for doein it's job and protecting everyone, and start hunting for one to replace it for when you get the payment from the ins. Co.

They took the pathy away today to be looked over. It was a real bummer cleaning it out last night. I should hear something tomorrow as to what they are going to offer me. I'm getting psyched up to do battle with the adjuster.

Emphasize on ANY recent work (new tires, new exhaust, anything), it WILL help with value if you are a big enough pain to them... And be a pain in the butt to the ins co. It will make them move faster, you don't want to be one who get blown off and ignored

came back today with a value of $4865 Plus they will pay the tax and title on what ever I replace it with. Seems fair enough as it is only $134 less than what i paid for it in 2008. Now on to the medical claim. Yay!

Edited by ticker