First Gen Xterra H233B axle swap into 94 Pathfinder?

colbywan

I have a 94 pathfinder with LSD. I found for sale used a complete H233B rear axle from a first gen xterra 4.9 with an ARB locker. I am hoping that there is a way to buy this axle complete and take the third member or certain parts and use it with axle or my carrier and be able to use the locker?? :shrug: This is the ratio i REALLY want and the locker is a HUGE bonus!! I already bought a ring and pinion 4.9 from a member here for the front and this would totally ROCK if I could get this to work for the rear. Is the only way to use these parts to take the axle and weld my brackets on to it and bolt up the entire swapped axle to my pathy.

I've been searching and found this it kinda helps.

http://forums.nicoclub.com/all-you-needed-to-know-about-nissan-axles-through-2004-t233955.html

Does anyone out there know their xterra's well enough to help me with this?

Thanks everyone!

:beer:

-Colby

unfortunately the Locker is the reason It will NOT work. The LOCKER is 33 spline and your pathy is 31.

The X axles are too long for the pathy.

The rest would be easy.

unfortunately the Locker is the reason It will NOT work. The LOCKER is 33 spline and your pathy is 31.

The X axles are too long for the pathy.

The rest would be easy.

ShiZz!! So there's not much else I can do then eh? How creative would I have to get to get this to work? So the complete axle is to long to re-weld all the brackets from my axle, or is that just to much of a PITA??

OH and the 33 splines use larger seals...

You could swap the whole X axle. Lotta work but if your skilled and that determined go for it. you could go lazy and swap the leaf suspension :( that's the easiest way but .... :(

Maybe call ARB and see if you can just swap out the splined part of the locker?

OH and the 33 splines use larger seals...

You could swap the whole X axle. Lotta work but if your skilled and that determined go for it. you could go lazy and swap the leaf suspension :( that's the easiest way but .... :(

Maybe call ARB and see if you can just swap out the splined part of the locker?

Hmmm.... Ok, thanks for you input MY1PATH I really appreciate it! :beer:

-Colby

Hey MY1Path, do u think I would be able to use this third member with my carrier? Then I would just sell the locker. Because I do need these gears for my pathy to match the ones I bought already.

Thanks!

Sure, If you have an open you just need to swap out the side gears and spider gears from your pathy.

In my LSD thread you will see some tips for getting the 3rd apart, take apart the diff like I did mine and swap your internals. then re- assemble your 4.9 open in the same housing the 4.9 was in using my writeup and you will not have to re-align the ring and pinion.

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=29793&view=findpost&p=565021&hl=&fromsearch=1

Sure, If you have an open you just need to swap out the side gears and spider gears from your pathy.

In my LSD thread you will see some tips for getting the 3rd apart, take apart the diff like I did mine and swap your internals. then re- assemble your 4.9 open in the same housing the 4.9 was in using my writeup and you will not have to re-align the ring and pinion.

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=29793&view=findpost&p=565021&hl=&fromsearch=1

I have a limited slip in mine now, it's not open.

Can I still swap parts?

Not so easy, The LSD carrier is too different.

If the ring bolt size and pattern is the same you can swap the R&P but that will require setting up your backlash again. The H233b is the easiest to do but it would still be a pain for a first timer.

If you bring both 3rd's a place like 4x4 parts can set your backlash for you for $$$

You'll need that for the front anyway right?