Warn hubs = 2mpg for me!

So roughly 36 more miles per fill up. My tank takes 18 gal after light comes on. Fuel prices in my area put it at 5 maybe 6 bucks saved per fill, so... in about 36 fills the hubs have paid for themselves in fuel savings alone. :bounce:

29091 is the part number. I was averaging just over 15mpg hwy and city before I swapped some on mine, now I'm getting between 18city and 20 hwy. I can definitely tell the deference, it coasts much easier, goes up hills better (my cruise doesn't shut off due to losing speed up hills that I use to have that problem on), and turning is easier. Best $160 I've spent on the beast yet.

I don't know why, but after my Warn hub install, I saw very little improvement.

Prior to the Warns, I averaged low 17's in city. After the Warns, I averaged mid/high 17's in city. Not sure if that is really a improvement as my MPGs will fluctuate from time to time.

I did notice a HUGE improvement in how "freely" the front wheels rotated when lifted off the ground; comapring permanently-locked hubs (OEM) and manual hubs. Even after driving it around, I also noticed that it coasts down the road easier.

Anyway, I will admit that the primary reason for me for installing manual hubs was MPGs... but since I didn't get any, i'm just happy I and saving myself from new CV axles every so often since I mainly drive asphalt anyhow.

I did notice a HUGE improvement in how "freely" the front wheels rotated when lifted off the ground; comapring permanently-locked hubs (OEM) and manual hubs. Even after driving it around, I also noticed that it coasts down the road easier.

Anyway, I will admit that the primary reason for me for installing manual hubs was MPGs... but since I didn't get any, i'm just happy I and saving myself from new CV axles every so often since I mainly drive asphalt anyhow.

Excelent points. I too noticed the "lighter" front end feel and the longer coasting. This is a no brainer mod. Super-uber glad I did mine with the Warns (would have gone with the Mile Markers as they cost lest though).

I don't know why, but after my Warn hub install, I saw very little improvement.

Prior to the Warns, I averaged low 17's in city. After the Warns, I averaged mid/high 17's in city. Not sure if that is really a improvement as my MPGs will fluctuate from time to time.

I'm thinking the the biggest gains will show on the highway, not city driving; too many other variables.

Yep, one of the best mods to do to a R50. I bought a set of Mile Marker hubs for the wife's 99.0 on sale at 4 Wheel Parts for $90 so they have probably already paid for themselves... :aok:

B

Dont forget to lock your hubs once every month, i havnt for 3 months and the right hub seized. I had to to take it out and completely dissemble it to relube everything. When one side dosnt unlock, you'll get steering wheel vibrations at highway speeds, thats how i found out.

• 2 weeks later...

And it's so much quieter. I couldn't figure out the noise in the front end last Monday going to work. Then relzed I hadn't unlocked the front end after the weekend. Did that at the gas station...and it was back to nice and quiet again.