Rear axle leaking

So I replaced the rear drums and shoes last month and did not feel that I gained any breaking power. I know that it would not be much, but did not feel much of a difference. So I pulled the rear right drum off and it seems that I have grease/oil that has covered a portion of the drum, and about 3/4" of the shoe. If I have a leak from the axle how involved will it be to fix and what parts will I need?

I cleaned it up with break cleaner, put it back together and am going to look again tomorrow to see if there is more grease/oil that has leaked out.

Thanks,

Tyler

Don't know about your leaking problem but, I love the look of your Pathy! Where in NC are you? Killer avatar pic.

Thanks, I am right outside of Charlotte right now. You should check out my pics on PhotoBucket (link in profile). On the 16th of this month we will be moving back to the great state of Utah. Anyone with any info on the possible axle leak?

Thanks, I am right outside of Charlotte right now. You should check out my pics on PhotoBucket (link in profile). On the 16th of this month we will be moving back to the great state of Utah. Anyone with any info on the possible axle leak?

Is it break fluid? :ohno01:

How's you slave cylinder look?