So..I want to program my remote.

So, now that i have the major problems fixed on my pathy, i want to fix the comfort problems.. So, when i try to program my remote, i turn the kery to ON then OFF and push and hold the yellow button under the drivers seat. The little box makes beeping tones, i push the button, and it beeps for as long as i hold it, and stops when i let off. So i let it keep beeping (also tried turning key back to acc then off and getting out and trying) until it stopped, got out, and tried it. It didnt work.

So i have a few questions.. I want to track down the fault in my alarm system..but where? Blown fuse? Blown relay? Where to check?

The reason i think its a fault is because my little SECURITY light is flashing all the time, and its always a fast blink. in any position, ON, IMPACT OFF, or OFF

Thanks! I'm completely lost. and since my driver side key lock is junk, i have to walk to the passenger side every time just to unlock it.

Kk.. i tried with the doors shut.. then tried with the doors shut and locked.. nothing. maybe im doing it wrong.. but i do know that when i push the button, my lights on the inside and outside all come on.. well..for the duration of me holding down the button.. what im doing is.. sitting in back driver seat, driver seat pushed all the way up, turn key ON (not ACC) then to OFF (not ACC) then push and hold the yellow button, wait for the little machine to make tones, then i push the button, and it beeps/squeals when i push it. then i turn key back to ON then OFF and try it out..and nothing happens. ive noticed, my SECURITY light also goes back to flashing really fast after the programming process is over with... but it always does that, even when driving..any ideas? i really want to get this working..

Yep, brand new, even had autozone check it.. like i said..it recognizes it, but it doesnt store it.. either that or i dont know how to end the programming sequence properly..

Did you follow this?:

http://www.dhardison.com/miscpics/fobinstructions.pdf

OK so the switch light is flashing, so the VSS module works. The rapid flashing at the end you are getting is an error code meaning it is not storing the code (which we know).

Only other things I can think of is one of the 5 door pin switches (2 from, 2 rear, 1 back gate) is in the open position or the hood pin switch on the firewall is reading open. You could try unhooking all of these and trying the programing procedure again. If it then programs there is the culprit.

Going more outside the box, the door locks/timer are not working properly. Does the driver key unlock the driver door only when you turn it once and all when you turn it twice?

Maybe put the swtich in a different position, say turning the impact sensor off on the switch or vise-versa, up to center or center to up. That woudl tell you the impact sensor or the switch is malfunctioning. The light on the switch runs directly to the control module and draws power there, it is not tied into the actual switch itself in any way.

Ill try that tomorrow. Thanks for the help..i really appreciate this. :)

I can try the door switches and hood switch..i know the door switches work, because i can open any door individually and the dome light will come on.. and my trunk light coems on when the trunk is open as well.. as for the hood switch, i have no idea if it works, but ill unhook it and try..

Actually, my driver door lock is seized..it wont turn at all.. i think my tumblers collapsed in it.. i have to go to the passenger side to open all doors.. i turn once to unlock just that door, turn twice to unlock all. How could i check my door lock timer?

Once again, thanks!! :)

Okay, so i tried some new things today.. I tried putting a stick between the little crown piece and the metal piece on the hood switch, so it would read closed (im guessing it reads as a ground) and i tried making sure all lights were set to DOOR position and none were on.. I tried programming again, and nothing.

I also tried programming again with impact set to LOW

Still nothing.. The little SECURITY light goes back to flashing rapidly.. I dont think ive ever seen it NOT flash like that unless its when im actually in programming mode.

Does it help to mention that my alarm horn is missing? When i bought the truck it wasnt there.. Is the connector to that horn a round plug? Coz i foudn a connector unplugged under-hood and its a little round plug with a prong in the middle..

Edited by NissanNismoZ

Just a thought. I had a lot of trouble getting my alarm to work at all. When I tackled that project I ended up finding that some of the power wires that go to the module were not working properly. There is supposed to be a fusible link somewhere in the wire but I never found it. What I ended up doing was re-running the wires to get stand-by power and ignition-on power to the thing. There is a great diagram for the wiring someone posted a while ago. I'd suggest checking all of the power and ground wires and making sure that they actually are getting power when they are supposed to. There is a great diagram under How To in The Garage that has a wiring diagram that was invaluable in troubleshooting...

Fix Your Keyless Entry!

Hmm..thanks for the link! Mine seems to be working fine..but i could be wrong, maybe something else really IS wrong with it.. ill wait until i buy a multimeter.. Unless someone can come up with another possible problem..