Head unit install

I just got a new headunit, And i have it all wired up and going, only problem now is the installing part, Do i need some sort of mounts off the old radio to attach to the new one or something? I threw my old one out allready so may need to go to a wrecker for them??

Cheers

Mine (1991) was attached to the truck with a bracket that screwed into some holes in the side of the radio and then into two holes above the radio. You might be able to get it at a wreckers, but since I think all the radios come with lots of holes in the sides, maybe you can get some standard bracket somewhere? Not sure.

Mine (1991) was attached to the truck with a bracket that screwed into some holes in the side of the radio and then into two holes above the radio. You might be able to get it at a wreckers, but since I think all the radios come with lots of holes in the sides, maybe you can get some standard bracket somewhere? Not sure.

Bugger it..... I usually hang on to unnecessary @!*%.. this time i chuck it away and i end up needing it...............

I got a generic adapter kit at walmart for like $15. Came with parts for various nissan/honda models, I only needed one of them. This attached to the cage that comes with a new head unit. I started w/o a factory stereo or harness, just a gaping hole with wires.

Was something like this -

http://www.ahwooga.com/detail.asp?id=281378

(not sure if its the same, but you only need one part)

Edited by fishodeath

well the link is for the face plate so it doesn't leave a hole so you could see how snugly it fits before you go and get the bracket from junk yard i know my stock cage around the stock radio didn't line up with my after market aiwa head unit by a long shot . the plastic on them if exposed to heat starts falling apart too so a junk yard part for stereo on 10+ year old car might not last. i know from experience mine practically crumbled while removing it and the ones from my local pick-a-part (ecology) wasn't in much better condition.

i'm currently in the process of sorting out my stereo too i just need to figure out my electrics first

Ok cheers mate, only issue with that is i live in New Zealand, and Ebay is a USA site, and since im 17 i cant sign up to it either...