Hey! New to here...

LukeB

Hey, was browsing around for some help concerning a body lift question and found this forum! After reading a few posts it seemed like everyone was pretty nice, I posted my question and received a quick answer.

I've usually stayed away from Forums like this ever since I was on the Subaru one for one day while working on a friend's car, most the people there were less than friendly..

I drive a '95 Pathfinder SE, not huge into wheeling but love it when I get the time. Like to see if I can find its limits and push it haha... (thats why I just had to straighten out the Core support and replace the bumper/mount recently..)

I'm usually into older muscle cars, I've got a '77 Camaro that I did a retro engine swap into, a 5.7 Vortec out of a 96 Tahoe with the fuel injection. But I've come to love my Pathfinder haha, it's served as a real tough rig, I've put it through its paces and it hasn't quit on me once!

I'll get some pics of it up soon.. haha before the water run outs and after... Front still isn't, and I don't think it'll ever be, completely straight again. Except for a lot of work by someone better at body work than myself..

Welcome LukeB!! I think the Warshingtonians outnumber the Canadians now!! :D

Glad NPORA could help you out, and yes most the people here are nice most of the time. I'm afraid that's about as good as it gets on a free, public forum. Bring a grain of salt and some thick skin and I'm sure there will be no issues.

77 'Maro?? Do you have a mullet by any chance??

JK, just a personal joke... :D

B

Oh, don't feel bad, my core support is a little off too...

B is more than a little off....

Welcome! Yes, we Washingtonians are a big bunch. But we have been dwindling! Check out the Northwest section for trail runs and local stuff!

Oh, and if you feel like staying around awhile, check out the Poho(10) section. You can really get to know the long time members there(and a few oddballs).

Edited by 5523Pathfinder

Oh, and if you feel like staying around awhile, check out the Poho(10) section. You can really get to know the long time members there(and a few oddballs).

ain't the long time members the majority of the odd balls? Poho is just a way to keep em corralled togher! No wonder I steer clear of that section... :hide:

Great, scare the new guy off. Well, it was nice knowing you...

ain't the long time members the majority of the odd balls? Poho is just a way to keep em corralled togher! No wonder I steer clear of that section... :hide:

Great, scare the new guy off. Well, it was nice knowing you...

Check.

and

Check.

See, I told ya!

Edited by 5523Pathfinder

Olympia area here, mostly have my fun at Rock Candy/Capitol Forest..

And no, no mullet :P haha, not like I haven't been asked that. But my Camaro has fuel injection, fitted/converted by me. If I had a mullet I'd throw some 800 carb on it zip tie everything together...

Finally got my pathfinder all back together, can drive it again..

Olympia area here, mostly have my fun at Rock Candy/Capitol Forest..

And no, no mullet :P haha, not like I haven't been asked that. But my Camaro has fuel injection, fitted/converted by me. If I had a mullet I'd throw some 800 carb on it zip tie everything together...

Finally got my pathfinder all back together, can drive it again..

No zip ties?? Ok, scratch the mullet... :D

It does sound like you did a good job of the upgrade, I was just poking fun by the stereotype. Are you wearing a NASCAR shirt or listening to Skynyrd?? :lol:

Sorry, I'll stop... :hide:

B

No zip ties?? Ok, scratch the mullet... :D

It does sound like you did a good job of the upgrade, I was just poking fun by the stereotype. Are you wearing a NASCAR shirt or listening to Skynyrd?? :lol:

Sorry, I'll stop... :hide:

B

Ok I lied... there are a number of zip ties... but to hold all the wiring in place! A 77 Camaro wasn't designed around all the wires needed for a modern engine haha..

Not a huge fan of nascar, maybe a little bit of skynyrd now and then though... haha

Just started a new job contract for the next couple months... will have no time to do it.. but I'll have money in the end..

Plans are a 3 inch body lift and a TAG wincher bumper, then possibly a 3 inch suspension lift...

But here it is:

IMG_20110504_151433.jpg

Haha I figure I won't have anytime to go play around for a while, so I'll wash it and keep it clean..

I'm working 7-10s now for the next 2 months, lol night shift too..

Looks good. :aok:

Good luck with that schedule, but like you said you have the $ handy in 2 months. I've been working on mine (off and) on for 2.5 years and I'm about 1/2 way done? :shrug:

B

Yea.. it's expensive.. just the bumper and lift kit are gonna cost me around $900... and the steering is gonna need a bit of help before I do that stuff. Chunk of money there too.. lol