Need Help with my starter

onefast87

Hi guys, my started has crapped out and i was wondering if there is a write up or if you guys can give me some tips on how to remove it.

I have done a starter on my vg30et from my z31, but that pathfinder has like no clearence to work on it.

any help or tips would be greatly appreciated

before replacing it, what is it doing? The starter in my 94 every once in a while would just click when I tried to start it, I did the starter wire mod posted on here and it has been fine ever since. I would check in the garage section under the "how to" section you may find the info you are looking for there.

As to removing the starter, it's not to hard to unbolt if you have a long extension, I do remember the first time replacing the starter in my 87 Hardbody and it took a long time to figure out how to actually get it out after un bolting it, I do remember I had to pull the starter forward and up, twist it and than bring it out thru the fender well gear side first.

before replacing it, what is it doing? The starter in my 94 every once in a while would just click when I tried to start it, I did the starter wire mod posted on here and it has been fine ever since. I would check in the garage section under the "how to" section you may find the info you are looking for there...

Mine does the same thing. She just clicks. I turn a few more times really quick then she starts.

I'm still waiting for mine to die, For few days earlier this month it seems like it wouldn't even turn over... Now it works fine so... I'll wait till it dies.

There have been lots of descriptions on here about removing the starter...

It's easier if you have a manual transmission (no tranny cooler lines in the way). The two bolts that hold the starter on are located on the rear side of the bell housing. After you get those out you basically need to wiggle it forward and either out the front, or out the wheel well. The first time I did it it seemed terrible, the second time I couldn't figure out why I had such a big problem before...

You definitely get quicker after the first time removing/re-installing the starter, when I replaced mine in my old 87 hardbody the first time took like an hour to get it out but after the 3rd time it was like 10 minutes.

The starter mod using the relay worked for mine, starts every time since I did that.

You definitely get quicker after the first time removing/re-installing the starter, when I replaced mine in my old 87 hardbody the first time took like an hour to get it out but after the 3rd time it was like 10 minutes.

The starter mod using the relay worked for mine, starts every time since I did that.

found the mod. gunna do that this week. hopefully.

hopefully it will work as good for you as it did for me. Where in NY are you?

one other tip, if you need a new starter DO NOT get a local rebuilt starter, either get a Beck Arnley or OEM starter, my bad starter experience with my 87 Hardbody was due to the first 2 local rebuild starters failing with in ONE week!! The 3rd starter a Beck Arnley one was still working when I got rid of the truck years later.

hopefully it will work as good for you as it did for me. Where in NY are you?

one other tip, if you need a new starter DO NOT get a local rebuilt starter, either get a Beck Arnley or OEM starter, my bad starter experience with my 87 Hardbody was due to the first 2 local rebuild starters failing with in ONE week!! The 3rd starter a Beck Arnley one was still working when I got rid of the truck years later.

Queens,NY

Thats for the advice. Will be looking into that as soon as it gets warm.