Need to find bigger injectors at a cheap price - impossible?

2milehi

So I am starting to hit a ceiling with the turbo project. As suspected, I am finding that the injectors are not big enough for lots of boost. I have started searching the 'net for injectors and I am seeing a hefty price tag for bigger Nissan injectors. Anyone know where I can source used 300Z (or some other form of turboed Nissan engine) injectors at a decent price?

Thanks

PS I sourced STi injectors for my Subaru buildup for $150 for all 4 so I know it can be done.

So I am starting to hit a ceiling with the turbo project. As suspected, I am finding that the injectors are not big enough for lots of boost. I have started searching the 'net for injectors and I am seeing a hefty price tag for bigger Nissan injectors. Anyone know where I can source used 300Z (or some other form of turboed Nissan engine) injectors at a decent price?

Thanks

PS I sourced STi injectors for my Subaru buildup for $150 for all 4 so I know it can be done.

what about injectors for a vg33. wouldn't they be at least %10 larger than your existing ones? Should be cheap to find a good set in a junkyard.

I am needing injectors in the 500+ cc/min capacity and of high impedance flavoring. Not much luck on getting injectors only from a 300ZX.

Here's an option for you: VG30 Fuel Rails

They make it so you can use other OE injectors; They recommend Mazda RX7 injectors.

Thanks for pointing that out but the fuel rails are $180. For $40 more ($220 total) I can get 6 side feed STi injectors that fit in the factory fuel rails.

Thanks for pointing that out but the fuel rails are $180. For $40 more ($220 total) I can get 6 side feed STi injectors that fit in the factory fuel rails.

Excellent man. Can you get a pic of those injectors in the factory rails for us? What flow rate are the STi injectors at?

Also will you have to use a spacer for them to fit in the plenum as they have a longer end?

Edited by beastpath

If you have a pick a part close, Q45 injectors are 370cc. Not 500+ but still double your stock size. $5 apiece at pick a part. Not sure about the impedance though.

James

This might be the answer to my question. And with bumping up fuel pressure via "tweaking" the pressure regulator that should get me enough fuel with some room to spare.

Thanks!

You could try and find some VG30DETT injectors from a wrecked car or something.

So you know the socket trick with the FPR too? :lol:

You got my number :)

I did it on a Subaru and it was pretty easy. Figure the Pf shouldn't be too different.

They're a little more touchy, a good thwack with a socket usually bumps the pressure by around 3PSI. Did it to one car a little hard and the pressure went up from 38 base PSI to 54. Oops! :lol:

Any my God, how much power are you planning on making? Stock 270cc VG30ET injectors will support 250HP, and DETT injectors can be ran to almost 400HP.

Edited by Kingman

They're a little more touchy, a good thwack with a socket usually bumps the pressure by around 3PSI. Did it to one car a little hard and the pressure went up from 38 base PSI to 54. Oops! :lol:

Any my God, how much power are you planning on making? Stock 270cc VG30ET injectors will support 250HP, and DETT injectors can be ran to almost 400HP.

I am shooting for 15 psi boost. I will never stick it on a dyno since I can road tune it pretty good. My "goal" is to be able to pull a 19' boat and camping gear up Eisenhower tunnel (11,000 feet above sea level) at 65 MPH.

For the pressure regulator, I found a controllable set-up using a vice. Slowly squeeze the vice until about 2 psi over desired pressure and then release.

IMGP1866.jpg

If you have a pick a part close, Q45 injectors are 370cc. Not 500+ but still double your stock size. $5 apiece at pick a part. Not sure about the impedance though.

James

Looking locally, these right now don't exist. And I tried ebay and craigslist with little success. Any other recommendations?