Rock Sliders Project

Iceman2989

Here are some pictures of what I did over my spring break last week. I found a local guy to do the welding for me and got these rock sliders on! After finding a boulder with my driver-side door panel, I realized these would be a wise investment. Too bad I didn't have 'em two weeks ago~

Before:

2011-04-14_12-02-36_915.jpg

2011-04-14_12-02-44_889.jpg

2011-04-14_12-03-02_476.jpg

2011-04-14_12-03-12_817.jpg

During:

2011-04-14_12-19-00_883.jpg

2011-04-14_12-30-35_528.jpg

2011-04-14_12-34-58_693.jpg

2011-04-14_12-42-56_735.jpg

2011-04-14_13-16-25_706.jpg

Are those Gusseted? Worst comes to worse you can cut them off and reweld them later if they move. If you ever do reweld them someday plate the "frame rail" as they are fairly thin.

Looks good man, I know how it is getting the sliders after you mess up some metal :)

He works with Wahoo Fabrication, a metalworking business he runs out of his garage. I found him on craigslist, and thought it might be a little sketchy, but when I pulled up to the place and saw crawler projects all over his front and back yard the hesitation fled pretty fast! Yes he designed them himself. For some custom sliders + install it was $175. Ive looked around and found some places that are SELLING theirs for 175 (with shipping), so I thought this was a pretty good deal. They are welded straight to the frame rails, and since I dont have any intention of removing them, thats just fine with me! cool.gif

Are you worried at all that when the wieght of the Pathy slams down on the rails that it will either tweek your "frame rails" or bend up into your rocker panels? I would think you would want them mounted with brackets around the rails to resist torsion and/or anchored through the body and bolted under your carpet for added support.

I agree with the plating of the frame rail area that the slider is welded to. Once that is taken care of and its properly gusseted they won't move. I have landed on mine with the full weight of the rig and they have not budged yet.

Hadn't thought of that.. Little too late for that now, but hey, now I know for next time right? It should hold up fine though I think. It has 3 supports along the frame rails to distribute the weight some, so that should help.

He works with Wahoo Fabrication, a metalworking business he runs out of his garage. I found him on craigslist, and thought it might be a little sketchy, but when I pulled up to the place and saw crawler projects all over his front and back yard the hesitation fled pretty fast! Yes he designed them himself. For some custom sliders + install it was $175. Ive looked around and found some places that are SELLING theirs for 175 (with shipping), so I thought this was a pretty good deal. They are welded straight to the frame rails, and since I dont have any intention of removing them, thats just fine with me! cool.gif

175 :headwall: Damn that is a good price. Wish someone up here could do that for me!