Upper Control Arm Comparison

Precise1

• 2 months later...

Sorry to revive an old thread but this is sweet! I was at the jy looking for a e-brake cable with disc brakes for they pathy when I stumbled upon on a nice old 720, upon further inspection it was in amazing shape! But! It had a lift, so I snagged the UCA's! I think they are superlift? Looks like 4x4parts as well, but here they are, and they fit on the pathy!

38966314140_medium.jpg

Painted them red and installed!

38966314142_medium.jpg

• 7 months later...

Quick question about the after market upper arms. I have no plans to lift my ride. Will any of these arms make any difference at all other than putting a dent in my pocket.

some of them correct ball joint angles to make cranked torsion bars easier to allign the front end, and some have zerks fittings so you can greese the uca bushings if you like lubing your front end.

So basically don't bother buying them if I don't plan on lifting it and use the money to install zerk fitting into my hand so I can lube my front end?

Actually, even at stock ride height aftermarket UCA's can help the off road performance of a Pathy quite a bit. They allow much more droop travel than stock. This is a good thing as it increases front suspension travel. It improves 'flex' in the front and helps to keep the front tires in contact with the ground. They would be most helpful on the trail if you remove the front sway bar or use quick disconnects. (This alone makes a huge difference.) I am going to modify my front suspension to duplicate the extra droop that aftermarket UCAs allow but, like most things, I'm going to do it a different way than anyone else has. :lol: If it works out as planned I'll offer these parts as a 'kit'.

• 5 years later...

Old topic, I know, But just found a pic of the discontinued Rancho suspension lift and wanted to add it to the thread:

I saved the pic in case the archive site goes down:

vio6iq.jpg

Edited by ahardb0dy