finding a motor

sequim85

Hey dudes,

Ill start off by saying its a little bit disappointing that there are not more posts in this section and that im dead set on getting the vg out of my pathfinder and a diesel engine in. im a competent mechanic with many genius mechanic and machinist friends and i have done an engine swap before, so i know what im in for. NOW, im having a ridiculous time finding a td, qd, or zd! it would be much preferred to have a nissan engine due to wiring, mounting, such...but im not totally against other makes (most likely a cummins 4bt).

I have searched and searched and searched...then some more, and cant find a place on west coast usa that i can get one(im in california but have family in washington and even willing to drive to british columbia, if i can get it across the border, for a good buy). id prefer a qd32eti but id settle for a td27t.

any help is appreciated as im about to the point of shooting myself! :suicide:

Thanks

p.s

thank god for beer!

were the terrano's sold in Japan, or Australia , or both?

i ask because there is a guy in tacoma washington that imports front cuts from japan, mostly 240s and 300z thou, but maybe i can get him to bring a coupe diesels over

sorry schro, i dont speak spanish...im from the frozen north

Edited by sequim85

• 1 month later...

were the terrano's sold in Japan, or Australia , or both?

The Terrano is from Japan, in Aussie and NZ they were called Pathfinders like yours....

Make sure ya get the turbo version, the n/a ones are a bit sad in the power department...

Edited by andrewt6447

• 2 weeks later...

The Terrano is from Japan, in Aussie and NZ they were called Pathfinders like yours....

Make sure ya get the turbo version, the n/a ones are a bit sad in the power department...

In Australia we got the Pathfinder which is petrol and we get the Terrano as an import and it was turbo diesel so you would be best to try and get the importers to get you one as it will be easier and if you get the front cut you will get spare parts as well

Edited by flyinwall

• 1 month later...

There's quite a few Japanese diesel Terranos being imported into Canada right now. Only need to be 15 years old to enter Canada, but 25 yrs for the US. You may want to look for an engine in a wreckers yard in Canada or contact one of the companies that import vehicles and parts. Import restrictions shouldn't apply to the powerplant as its primarily to limit right hand drive vehicles. I may be wrong though :tongue:

• 1 year later...