front diff loose?

well I just fixed my Rock crawler :thumbsdown: LOL. Cv joint went fine. the tie rod gave me a little trouble:couldn't get the nut off the steering rack. I discovered that my whole diff is loose seems it mounts with two bushings(one on each side) and I have none.Anyone else have an issue like this?

look for energy suspensions website, then find something like builders page, you can have a bushing specially made by them to your specs. same prob on my wd21 annnd on the wd21s it seems my only option cause the carrier and bushings are discontinued.

You can still get new mounts and bushing from Nissan for the r50's, at least I could for my 02 Pathy. Nissan calls them Front Final Drive Mounting Cushions. Part numbers 54730 and 54710M in the diagram at this link http://www.courtesyparts.com/pathfinder-parts-r50-1996-2004/genuine-nissan-parts/power-train/389-front-final-drive-mounting/-c-4700_4701_4769_4798.html

I'm going to be replacing the whole front diff including the mounts some time in the future, I don't think you are that far from me, but if you'd like I'll let you know when. We could do them both at the same time. I say future, but it may be a few months.

If you can get the nut and bolt that go through the bushing out, that would drop the diff and probably allow you an easier time in getting the 8 bolts that hold those brackets to the diff off. Definately let me know if you discover any tips or tricks.

I had to turn up air pressure to get nuts loose and a swivel helped alot it is worth getting one.Be careful putting the bolts back in the front diff the aluminum threads strip out very easy I have to run bolts through 2 of them now :thumbsdown:

• 8 months later...

Hate to resurrect an old thread, but I'm about to do this next weekend and could use some more "beta". Can I ask if you had to disconnect either the CV axles and/or front driveshaft to be able to replace these? Also, are the struts in the way at all?

Thanks,

Al