dilemma... keep or sell my pathy

Channel595

6 members have voted

1. 1. should i keep my pathfinder?

• keep and fix
    • sell and start over

so my pathfinder is pretty dented, the paint is oxidised, it burns oil, needs: idle air valve, front ball joints, valve cover gaskets, tires, clutch soon. the transmission never had the tsb with the extra fluid level installed so it whines pretty bad. oh and the amplifier or sub just broke... by the time i fix all that i could buy a pretty decent car and if i do sell my pathfinder i will probably just get the same body style pathfinder because i love this car. it has 238,000 miles by the way.

What is your budget looking like? If you are looking for another pathfinder, why not join us with no spines..the (ca)R50..1996-2004. Do it..you know you want to :aok:

I'm on my 3rd. Sometimes you have to look at what you have, how much you need to put into it, and weigh that against finding a better one for that cost. I looked thru craigslist, auto trader, ebay, kijiji and all of the nissan forums I'm a member of for 6 months before I found what I wanted to buy.

Edited by Dowser

I say fix what you need to make you happy, i.e. fix the speakers to have music, and just drive it until it dies, all the while saving up for something better! Whether thats another wd21, or a new truck or something.

Thats kinda my plan if my truck ever dies (I'm giving it 12 months lol), either part it out and start over on a different rig, or get another pathy and transfer it all over. It really just depends on what you want to do NEXT..If you already have another wd21 in mind, I'd say start looking, and if you see a deal you just can't pass up, go for it!

In this case I have to agree with OSR, mainly due to the 240k on the clock. Either drive it till it drops (change the tranny fluid, overfill it, tighten the valve covers, use heavier oil/lucas oil stabilizer and it might last longer than you think) or if you can afford another one now, sell it to a kid/wheeler as a starter truck for them to fix up to difray the cost a bit. You can find (WD21) pathys with 100-150k miles for $3500 around here, R50s are a little more expensive...

B

Yeah. With as many miles that are on the truck, it's probably not worth much especially with issues. I'd fix a few things and drive it till it dies, and in the mean time save up for something newer. I'd do the bare minimum to keep it going and forget the rest.

If it were me personally, I would put it together and keep on lovin it. I am an exception though havign what i have at my disposal. I would suggest as stated though to baby it until you got a replacement and sell it to someone as a project (be honest about whats needed and aim them here) And dents aint always a bad thing, they help tell the story of the trucks life! Like that scar you got on your leg from hitting it with a grinder...