Adding a turbo/intercooler to my '95 Pathfinder

2milehi

The exhaust manifolds are the stock ones. I flipped over the driver's side and merged the crossover into the T3 flange. I will get some pics of the set-up at a later time.

:rofl:

amazing work :D

I'm super stoked to see this finished. I've been wanting to turbo mine for a while now, especially after doing my Z31 swap from TBI. There's also another member on here that's supposedly swapping a VG30DETT into a WD21 but I haven't heard anything about it in a long time.

You got me fired up to post an update of my twin turbo project after reading this...LOL. I am glad to see some other interest in this type of engine upgrade in this forum.

Keep up the good work, and I agree, a video of it in action would be awesome!

how much for ECU? great job btw.

Thanks! A MSI kit is about $150. An option for ignition is to get a Ford's EDIS6 system and merge it into the engine. That is another $50.

Edited by 2milehi

Thanks! A MSI kit is about $150. An option for ignition is to get a Ford's EDIS6 system and merge it into the engine. That is another $50.

$150 ... dude that's cheap...

please, dude, make a video of the truck (running, on the road, etc) and upload it!!!

I'm just screwed... I'll have to go turbo

finally someone that went through with it ! Bravo... nice work and very professional looking. You should post all your pictures if there is more, and this should be sticked on the forum !

Thanks for sharing.

S.

I'll finish hooking up the muffler/exhaust this weekend. Then I'll shoot some video and post it.

Edited by 2milehi

Sweet! good work man looks great! Like kingman said are you going do with the master c that close? Your probably going to want bigger injectors than the stock ones is my guess that turbo is pretty decent sized I have 680cc on my z but im running e85 and probably boosting higher( just to be safe I wouldnt run any higher than 12 -15 on your motor until u beef it up). I would also suggest a walbro or bosche 044 pump. Looks great man I look forward to seeing the video!

Edited by edicer2

• 2 weeks later...

No time to work on the Pf last weekend. I had a minor setback, the down-pipe wasn't long enough. I had to remove it and add an inch to it. I also thermal wrapped the up-pipe and down-pipe. Someone also asked what the merge pipe and T3 flange looked like. I also added a heat shield to master cylinder.

Up-pipe

IMGP2432.jpg

Down-pipe

IMGP2433.jpg

Merge of the up-pipe and T3 flange

IMGP2439.jpg

With the down-pipe extended, I was able to finish off the exhaust and added the muffler.

I will get a video of the Pf in action this afternoon when the wife gets back from skiing.

I'd bet you'll see much faster spool times and higher overall boost once you fix those exhaust leaks. :D

Lookin' good so far! Can't wait to see the finished product.

10-4 on the exhaust leak. Getting that last one out is gonna suck. I am pretty happy with the install.

Starting today I will jump into the second phase of the upgrade - adding a MegaSquirt for fuel/ignition control.

10-4 on the exhaust leak. Getting that last one out is gonna suck. I am pretty happy with the install.

Starting today I will jump into the second phase of the upgrade - adding a MegaSquirt for fuel/ignition control.

Mega Squirt will make a HUGE diference...

• 2 weeks later...

Great work, its good to see people with idea's that some people say can't happen, and they make it happen anyway. :beer:

Good thing I built it before I posted over here. ;) I didn't realize that there were people on here that said it can't be done.

I am moving onto stage two of this project. I have a MegaSquirt that I am interfacing to the factory wiring. I'll start another post for that one.