New From SLC, UT

SRN

Last weekend I finally had the time and weather to get underneath the Pathy and throw the parts I had on. OME springs on the rear and OME shocks on all four corners. I also got the Lego's set up with some 31x10.5 BFG AT KO's which makes the whole thing look much better. With everything its sitting about two and a half inches higher than before.

I was going to throw the LSD in as well until I ran into a boneheaded oversight on my part. So the LSD gets to wait for another day.

Pathy_1.jpg

Pathy.jpg

Pathy_2.jpg

Pathy_4.jpg

Friday I got the CB installed as well. Since I already had a Cobra 75 WX ST in the Samurai I just picked up another AC 701 box and will use the handset between both vehicles. One of the really nice things I've found about newer vehicles is there are lots of places to hid things! I installed the box in the dead space of the center console and drilled a hole in one of the blank buttons to run the connector cable. Then I ran the antenna and power cables under the console and out the firewall to the engine compartment. To the driver side of the hood I installed a PCTEL two foot whip and the whole thing looks pretty clean I think.

Pathy_6.jpg

Pathy_7.jpg

Pathy_5.jpg

And of course, the most important part: Stickers!

Pathy_3.jpg

Big thanks to Kurt and Cruiser Outfitters for getting the parts in for me. Apparently some of the parts had been sitting at the ARB warehouse for quite some time! Glad I could finally put them to use.

I'll be heading out to Beef Basin in a few weeks to give everything a proper christening. Before then I should also have my new spare mounted and I'll be getting my Samurais' roof rack set up on the Thule rack that came with the Pathy.

Edited by SRN

It'll be getting nice and dirty down in Beef Basin! I'll post a full trip report when I get back.

And yes, that Miata is a very nice one. It's a '90 and turned 17,000 original miles earlier this month. Just waiting for summer to really arrive so I can actually enjoy it since I took it out of winter storage.