Bumper is on finally

muddfildvaynes

So I finally got the bumper mounted, we had to take the brush guard off which came off pretty easy and pull the bumper off and do a little cutting. Then we got some brackets fabbed up and fit the bumper on and tack welded them in then had to pull the bumper off and weld it all together then put back on with some grade 8 bolts. It is 3 contact points on each side so 6 in total, should be plenty strong. Now I need to get my lights on and my skid plate mounted but it seems the holes the bolts go into are filled wiht mud. It is something I will have to do next weekend as it is going to snow here tomorrow again i think. So my future ideas are to cut the bar off thats on it right now and put a stinger on; smittybilt 8k winch with optima batter, I am going to have to cut my grill a little to get it to fit. Will take more pics soon.

0226111428.jpg

0226111518.jpg

0226111909.jpg

Edited by muddfildvaynes

That looks AMAZING!!! You were having fun installing the new front end while I was mowing my lawn (well, leveling the weeds really :scratchhead: )for the first time this season. However, I was day dreaming while riding on my mower of the future projects that are to come of my Pathy. Thank you for all of the pics. They are a "shot in the arm" for all of us wanna'be's!

Yea gas has gotten expensive up here and my 98 chevy 2500 with the 5.7 vortec loves to suck it down lol. I love how the bumper looks and need to get my skid plate on; most likely going to be next weekend since it has started to snow up here again. I will let you know how it holds up when I get a winch on it; 6 points on contact to pull from so it is very sturdy and should hold up.