This is the Coolest Technology I've ever seen.

Dowser

looks like more of a cool input and output device... instead of a mouse it uses his finger tips and no monitor there is a projector linked up to a laptop in his back pack. it would be cool if it could link to a smart phone or such. i dont think it will catch on though, i remember a few years back they had a camera device that you place on your monitor and it sences where your eye is looking and removes the mouse but what ever happened to that?

The Idea is to not have to have a PC at a computer station anymore, But to rather carry it with you, like a Laptop but without having to use a laptop. Your whole digital world right there at your fingertips. Not only that, but he'll be releasing all of the programming information to the world,(Open source) So that the public can do what they will with it to improve upon the original Ideas. Anytime something of that magnitude gets released to the public as an Open Source tool, you can guarantee it's going to take off at some level.

Look at Linux, Its n ot the Mainstream operating system in the world, but its open source,(free) and as such, Every company that uses a computer for making things like video games, CGI for movies, Animation movies, etc all use an operating system that is free like linux. They design the games to RUN on a windows operating system but if they were to make it using the windows operating system they would owe Microsoft a royalty. Obviously Trends will make the market for sure, but with enough people out there doing this, it wont be long before it will be more commonplace.

I think not only is it genius, but also I was completely surprised he's willing after 8 years of development, to release everything that he had worked so long for to the public. With that sort of technology he could land numerous deals I'm sure but instead he would rather see the technology OUT there. Thats the kind of way we as a species are going to come out ahead. Capitalism is sometimes the reason there is no great new ideas. Larger corporations gobble up and silence most ideas or inventions because they would pose to great a risk to their current investments. Usually they buy them out, so they have control of them to release when or IF they want to to the masses based on what public opinion is. We all know oil companies have been doing that sort of thing for AGES to ensure that we keep their business at the top of the forbs list. Market manipulation. The only reason we're seeing change now after all these years is because we're in an environmental awareness trend.

Anyway, that was a bit of a rant.

I'm stoked to see how the next 15 years will unfold.

Definitely cool and I think it will have a following, but I wonder how fast it becomes main stream. I would like more info though and will follow it up.

I think not only is it genius, but also I was completely surprised he's willing after 8 years of development, to release everything that he had worked so long for to the public.

If it is that good, it will be taken/copied/competed with. By giving it away, he has insured that he will have job opportunities and people who will want to work with him for many years to come. He is so smart that it is his resume... ;)

B