Ball joint spacer

Channel595

It helps you keep your alignment when you crank your T-bar.

1" spacer means no camber change with 1" T-bar crank.

IMO 1" spacers should only be used on street vehciles as they put some pretty harsh forces on stock and aftermarket UCA's Calmini UCA's are pretty beefy so you might get away with it on theirs. I've seen a few threads Here, on n4w and on 4x4parts about the 1" spacers twisting arms.

I don't recall any 1/2" spacers doing damage

I personally have 3/8" spacers that I had cut on a water jet and have had No issues

Edited by MY1PATH

I made some for myself because I was sick of replacing ball joints due to the extreme angle they were in after cranking the t-bars. Mine were made to help correct the angle as much as possible... They are, and have been working perfect since I installed them. I haven't replaced any ball joints and the ones on there now are still in great shape. My ball joints lasted months at best before, these have been on the truck for almost two years now.

P1010771.jpg

P1010773.jpg

P1010774.jpg

P1010769.jpg

Edited by TrailChaser

The CV angle you see in the 3rd pic is where it's been for the last couple of years with no problems. I've never broken a CV...(I've worn a few out to the point they were popping so loud while under a load it was embarrassing. lol) Maybe I just don't wheel hard enough.. Most of the broken Nissan CV's I've seen were from spin/hop/stop and turning too sharp while torquing the front wheels. I'll be getting rid of my spacers/angle correctors soon hopefully.(SAS coming soon..?)

Most of the broken Nissan CV's I've seen were from spin/hop/stop and turning too sharp while torquing the front wheels.

Same here, but I also saw one on a Frontier detonate while the wheel was hanging (getting all the power free spinning), and it had stock downtravel. I can only imagine how much sooner it would have let go if it was hanging another inch lower and binding the CV that much more. :shrug:

The CV angle you see in the 3rd pic is where it's been for the last couple of years with no problems. I've never broken a CV...(I've worn a few out to the point they were popping so loud while under a load it was embarrassing. lol) Maybe I just don't wheel hard enough.. Most of the broken Nissan CV's I've seen were from spin/hop/stop and turning too sharp while torquing the front wheels. I'll be getting rid of my spacers/angle correctors soon hopefully.(SAS coming soon..?)

If and when you do plan on going the SAS route, I call DIBS on those Angled spacers you made! :new576: That is if you will be selling them. I was going to send a PM your way to find out more about how you would feel about making another set. Keep me in mind if they become available. :shrug:

Edited by Dowser

• 2 weeks later...