Some questions about oil

tempo

Hi!

I cant find any theme about oil

My Path has 152.000 miles Engine in very good condition - no leaks , compression is like new, and full of power

I think it becose all 8 years oil was changing every 3000 miles 9i saw it on carfax records)

For right now i used Valvoline Conventional 5W30

May be switch to full sintetic or it doesnt matter with 152.000 miles on engine?

Or may be it better to use special oil for high milage engines?

Or may be just regular oil with some special additives?

Im asking cose i want keep engine in same good condition

The problem with introducing Syn Motor oil to an engine with higher mileage is the fear that the new oil might spring new leaks or damage the engine because the old crud all come loose. however like you said, if your engine is running like new, if it were me, i would go full syn with new oil filter, then change the oil after 3000 miles, then 5000 everytime after that. Or if you'd like, there are conventional and synthetic blends, you could do that, then switch to full syn afterward. But honestly, for me, i switched at 70,000 with no problem

I don't fully understand the blends. I've never used fully synthetic oil before (except for Royal Purple in my old RX-7,and that was all I ever used when I owned it). I just put syn blend in my wifes Mazda Tribute which had 70K miles on it. Just with the blend I could feel the difference after only a couple days. Wonder what it will look like when I change it.

I am also worried about switching to synth. in the pathy. I have 170K miles, and leaks in many places (cam shaft seals, both rear main seal, valve cover gasket under the manifold, yada yada) and worry about the 'sludge' that keeping it from leaking even more (although when I switched to Penzoil it started to leak more, but the ol' VG33 ran smoother). So I may just use a blend.

So, to the Topic Starter, if your worried, use a blend to start.

Jose

Ok. Today i changed Valvoline 5W30 conventional to Valvoline 10W30 Hign Milage synth blend (actually it was mechanic advise)

He sad that for himilage 10W30 is little bit better.

But what will happen if tempreture will fall down below zero? (i forgot ask him about it)

Im although always wondering why oil filter so small??? Ok its whatever "hi efficient" but even on my Suzuki Aerio filter was twice bigger than Nissan Path size...

I'd fix the cam seals quick or your timing belt is gonna snap.

in time. i noticed it a couple months ago when i changed the t-belt. too bad i didnt have time to wait to change it (it was 3am when i found it).

And the oil filter is small. my old Sentra 4cyl uses the exact same oil filter (and the exact air filter, too. Talk about sharing parts bins). tripped me out. Whatever. I'm more upset about the location than anything.

in time. i noticed it a couple months ago when i changed the t-belt. too bad i didnt have time to wait to change it (it was 3am when i found it).

And the oil filter is small. my old Sentra 4cyl uses the exact same oil filter (and the exact air filter, too. Talk about sharing parts bins). tripped me out. Whatever. I'm more upset about the location than anything.

i hear ya, its a b*tch to change the T belt