CCW Permit

OfftourRoadie96

Yeah I understand why you care about the seconf amendement.

But even without all the guns you guys have, we can't say Canada is a very dangerous

place to be. Or a difficult place to live

So for me it is a little strange that you need so much a gun

Edited by maikan

But even without all the guns you guys have, we can't say Canada is a very dangerous

While that holds true for a lot of places down here

I would rather have it and never need it, then need it and not have it on me.

Edited by SilverPath

My state is retarded on the subject, its cheap to get and easy but if your in a car you cant have it loaded, but in public you can have it loaded.

And that most stores ban them and seeing a old fart with a glock on his hip makes my hair stand up when I'm shopping.

But I'm down for it, oh its $50 for the permit here.

WA is an open carry state. I just throw my AK on my back where ever I go.

:goodpost: never know when some taliban (or gang bangers) will roll up on you!

And I totally agree, element of surprise is the best, plus its safer. If a person see's you wearing a pistol, they'll potentailly be tempted to sneak attack and try and take it. Best not to invite trouble in my opinion.

Once I get out of college and get into a steady (and healthy) income, i will apply for concealed carry and get me a few pistols...one of which is going to be a 1911...that will hide under my seat and pillow in bed and ill carry a 9mm or so...then again this is all guesswork....

On topic for the thread, sort of: Looks like I get to try open carrying in four states in a couple of weeks. I've never open carried in public as I prefer the element of surprise afforded by concealed carry. I'm flying to Colorado with silverton to drive a Nissan S12 back to Seattle. Utah has reciprocity with Washington so I can CCW as we pass through that state but in all the others I will have to open carry to be legal. Fortunately all the states we are passing through are rated "excellent" for open carry and all allow open carry of a loaded handgun in a vehicle. I'm wishing I had my Utah non-resident permit, I'd be able to CCW in all the states we are passing through except Oregon. I took the class and filled out all the paperwork about five years ago intending to do a cross country road trip. Money got tight, I canceled the trip, and never sent my paperwork to Utah. :headwall:

I'm taking a class on the 9th that will let me get my Utah and OR CCW. Will see how it goes.

What I love about canada [sarcasm] is that they wanna keep track of every gun and only let farms and cops have them [/sarcasm]

Not to mention it is illegal to defend yourself here. Guy breaks into your house, you grab shotgun, when the cops show up, they put you in the car beside the real criminal! Even if no shots were fired.

Well, America didn't win it's freedom from the Crown with stern words.And those surely won't keep it.

But Canada still defers to the Crown, so they wouldn't know much about winning absolute freedom.

$10......That's it?

Wow, for me, the class was about $120 and the permit fee was $67 (multiply that x 2 = The Wife)

The permit is $10 in my city (but $50 in the other around me. Wierd.) and I don't have to take the class because I'm military. So, yes sir!

In Louisiana The permit is $50 for two years or $100 for 4 years. The price of the class varies with who you take it with. I paid $125 at Barney's indoor shooting range because you complete everything in one day, including the notary.

James

Bianchi Speed Strips, used to quickly load a revolver two chambers at a time.

No 1/2 moon or full moon clips??

Wow you guys sure like to be armed !

Just forget about it in canada. Most of the people cannot take their handguns outside

of the shooting range.

And if you can the police has the right to intercept you for no reason to confirm that you respect

all the carrying rules.

Same thing for hunting guns, police can come in your home without reasons the see if they are stored correctly make sure they are useless.

Fixed that for you...

B

• 2 weeks later...

After receiving my Ohio CCW Permit in January 2011, I decided to try to add to my CCW Map of the USA. ( the very next day actually) I applied for a Non-Resident Pennsylvania CCW License, and guess what??? I got it in the mail today (it took about 20 days and $26!). So with the 2 licenses that I now possess, there are still 14 more states to go that will not allow me to carry. OR CA HI WS IL MS AL ME NY MA NJ CT RI MD & DC are still on the list of no concealed handgun carry for me. I need to figure out what state will get me the most states on this list as a non-resident and preferably does mail in applicants, but not opposed to a road trip!

Here's a link to Building A CCW Reciprocity Map

Here's what my map looks like with an OH & PA state license.

c44239f5.jpg

EDIT: Here's a better site for CCW MAPS in my opinion. The one above did not take into consideration for a NON-RESIDENT permit, for me, CO I'm not allowed to carry because although they permit PA licenses, you must be a Resident! US CARRY MAP

Edited by OfftourRoadie96

• 3 weeks later...

I can't wait until I'm 21!!! First thing I'm doing is getting @!*% faced drunk, then deal with everything 2 days later after the hang over wears off.

I want to get CCW for every state if I can.

After receiving my Ohio CCW Permit in January 2011, I decided to try to add to my CCW Map of the USA. ( the very next day actually) I applied for a Non-Resident Pennsylvania CCW License, and guess what??? I got it in the mail today (it took about 20 days and $26!). So with the 2 licenses that I now possess, there are still 14 more states to go that will not allow me to carry. OR CA HI WS IL MS AL ME NY MA NJ CT RI MD & DC are still on the list of no concealed handgun carry for me. I need to figure out what state will get me the most states on this list as a non-resident and preferably does mail in applicants, but not opposed to a road trip!

Here's a link to Building A CCW Reciprocity Map

That's a really cool reciprocity map! Oregon does not reciprocate with any other state and you can only get a non-resident permit if you live in a state that borders Oregon. Even then you need to go to the right Sheriff as they are 'may issue' for non-residents. Kalifornistan is basically impossible for a non-resident so those two are likely to stay red for you. A non-resident Utah permit would get you MS and AL. I don't think there are any other non-resident permits that will help you. UT and FL are the two most popular as they get you the most states. I *highly* recommend that you check with each state you'll be traveling through to be sure your permits are still honored before taking a road trip. Reciprocity is posted on most state's websites in their attorney general's section. Also keep in mind that laws vary widely state to state as to where CCW is restricted even with a permit as well as your duty to inform a police officer of your CCW should you be pulled over.