CCW Permit

OfftourRoadie96

I've noticed alot of you guys make mention of guns and firearms throughout the forum topics. I finally received my CCW license today. Pretty Freakin Happy. It's a pretty cool feeling to be LEGALLY ARMED! I highly recommend any and all to exercise your 2nd amendment rights (at least the Americans). Check into your local / state gov't offices!

Yeah it's a little over $100 here also.

@180sx 10 bucks? That doesn't sound right. But if it is only 10 bucks; more power to ya!

I'd like to eventually get my CCW permit someday. I wanna get a carbine first though.

I've had mine over a year now but have never carried. Can't find a holster that I like, or maybe I need a smaller gun. Most IWB holsters require you to get pants 2 sizes larger and I don't want pants that baggy.

James

This scares me^

In MI you have to take a class, and I'm not sure of the apx cost..

Needless to say I'll be getting one when I turn 21 :)

Excuse my I guess it was raised to $55.25 in '10 heh.

Anyway While I agree. some take classes.

Alaska doesn't even require a Permit, so anyone can carry as long as they are legal. (Not that that stops anyone that isn't)

^ Exactly. Criminals will always have guns no matter how many laws, restrictions, and regulations are put on the book. A lot of politicians just don't understand that. They're just making it more difficult for law-abiding citizens to defend themselves.

But I don't want to make this into a political topic. Just my two cents.

WA is an open carry state. I just throw my AK on my back where ever I go.

I would love to live in an open-carry state! Makes criminals think twice about messing with you.

I live in NorCal so I carry a rock. With no sharp edges. I'm pretty good with it though...

B

Classic. :rofl:

Edited by TooQForYou

Runs about $150 in Florida with the course and then state fees. You used to be able to take your class, send in your application and get it back in about a week. With everyone sweating whether or not Obama is going to cut down our rights, it now taked 10-12 weeks to get it back. The good thing though is once you have a CCW permit, it waives your waiting time if you want to buy something else.... :aok:

I would love to live in an open-carry state! Makes criminals think twice about messing with you.

Negative. It makes you a bigger target for police and criminals alike. KY is open carry, but it's rare that anyone does it on a normal basis.

You WILL be f**ked with.

That's the point of going concealed.

At range it is a single shot, but close range it is definitely semiauto.

B

LOL! Awesome!

Thats part of the reason I haven't moved back home. No matter how much I hate living in BFE, at least I can have a handgun w/o worrying about being treated like a criminal.

I really need to say F-it and move to Texas.

I applied for my concealed carry permit on my 21st birthday and have carried every day since I received it 30 days later. That was 1990.

yea its $50 here, no class needed. Now the chore starts to get my non-res through OR which is a hassle

Non-resident OR permits are pretty easy now as long as you live in a state that shares a border with OR. Apparently the Sheriff from one of the Northern Oregon counties goes to the gun shows in Vantucky to sign people's non-resident permit applications. Go to Northwest Firearms and search the forum, there is always current discussion on this subject.

This scares me^

In MI you have to take a class,

Washington is a 'shall issue' CWP state. As long as you aren't a convicted felon, judged mentally deficient, drug addict, or whatever you must be issued a permit if you apply for it. Several other states have updated their laws to resemble ours in recent years. The reason this type of state law is good is that it prevents situations like NY where in theory anyone can get a permit... except they make the class/test impossible to pass effectively taking away the right to carry a concealed weapon.

Edited by Mr.510

^ Exactly. Criminals will always have guns no matter how many laws, restrictions, and regulations are put on the book. A lot of politicians just don't understand that. They're just making it more difficult for law-abiding citizens to defend themselves.

But I don't want to make this into a political topic. Just my two cents.

Classic. :rofl:

Cal does have an open carry, but it has to be unloaded, so I just carry the clip in a pocket :laugh:

Wow you are old :hide:

What'd ya say ya little whippersnapper? sFun_oldguy.gif

On topic for the thread, sort of: Looks like I get to try open carrying in four states in a couple of weeks. I've never open carried in public as I prefer the element of surprise afforded by concealed carry. I'm flying to Colorado with silverton to drive a Nissan S12 back to Seattle. Utah has reciprocity with Washington so I can CCW as we pass through that state but in all the others I will have to open carry to be legal. Fortunately all the states we are passing through are rated "excellent" for open carry and all allow open carry of a loaded handgun in a vehicle. I'm wishing I had my Utah non-resident permit, I'd be able to CCW in all the states we are passing through except Oregon. I took the class and filled out all the paperwork about five years ago intending to do a cross country road trip. Money got tight, I canceled the trip, and never sent my paperwork to Utah. :headwall:

Edited by Mr.510

Wow you guys sure like to be armed !

Just forget about it in canada. Most of the people cannot take their handguns outside

of the shooting range.

And if you can the police has the right to intercept you for no reason to confirm that you respect

all the carrying rules.

Same thing for hunting guns, police can come in your home without reasons the see if they are stored correctly

Wow you guys sure like to be armed !

Just forget about it in canada. Most of the people cannot take their handguns outside

of the shooting range.

And if you can the police has the right to intercept you for no reason to confirm that you respect

all the carrying rules.

Same thing for hunting guns, police can come in your home without reasons the see if they are stored correctly

Thats why we will fight till the end to keep our second amendment rights! Once the second amendment is gone so is the rest of the constitution. Including the first amendment that people like to refer to so much.

James