Hey Crew

95responder

hey guys my profile pretty well covers it i am in the process of building this rig for mild to meduim responses in medical fire and spill situations. Got the training why not have the gear with me. My fiancee is a license emt so a firefighter and emt it only makes sense to go first response with my pathy build second i want this rig to be capable for minor to meduim trail rides and mud runs. I really welcome input, thougths on gear to add, and budget minded build ideas this rig is getting 33's and sixteen inch rims as we speak. just remember this is a family mans daily driver so no 350sb swaps, 13 inch lifts, 44 inch tires, or platinum doubler kits :) ok well not yet! will post pic tom gotta get dinner for one of three co-pilots.

be amazed what a wd21 can do in stock form! These are capable little buggers out of the box...

check some of the pinned wd21 topics for some good info, regular maintnance should be first priorty. (Timing belt-when was it done and whats your mileage? have automatic?-aftermarket trans cooler! stuff like that) as for 33s the general guideline is the good old 3+3=33s (3"body+3"suspension lift to nicely clear 33s) but there are ways around it. First responder gear your gonna have a better idea what all to have with you on that front, but i could always peek in on eof my nozzle-nut neighbors trucks at some point to see what all they got (theres another first responder on the boards here too, cant remember his screenname though). regular gear... linky might give you some ideas :aok:

13 inch lifts, 44 inch tires, or platinum doubler kits

you forgot about a set of those sweet sweet truck nutz!

oh and welcome!

Welcome to the site man. If you love your new Pathfinder like it sounds you do, you just found the best website out there. More information in here then any place else on the planet having to do with Pathfinders. If you can think it, its most likely been asked at some point. Try and get familiar with the search function as it will be your best friend. Try and be patient with it, its finicky but once you get the hang of it you're golden.

I'm gonna have to go with Precise on this one as well. 15" wheels are the way to go for a few reasons. More flotation, cheaper wheel for the same price, cheaper rubber for the wheel,(costs more for the same size tire for a 16" wheel) and my personal preference for looks. Save the extra cash for more of the MANY things you're going to want to do with it.

thanks guys for all the input. already started catch up maint.t/belt is next weekend. hoses/wires and plugs after that. already did oil change and rad fluid is in good shape my pathy is manual thank goodness. On that note do they make a fifth gear kit for this tranny, i needer long legs in fifth gear for highway runs. already building first aid kit based on one of our team leads super kit dude has hospital in a bag.will post pic soon as i figure out how. will go search for picture sticky hey dowser your avatar scared my three year old. it was awesome :lol:

Edited by 95responder

LOL

i needer long legs in fifth gear for highway runs.

It might not help you. 154HP factory stock and 5th is on the other side of 1:1. Longer legs will just mean 4th on any inclines, especially with 33".

I'm not trying to talk you down, just trying to warn you.

My stock 1995 manual with 4.36 gears and 31" tires could barely hold it's own in the mountains, I'd switch to 4.65 gears if you want to run the 'long legs'. It would probably put you in the same place but with more usable gears...

Damn, maybe I should switch!!

B

thanks adamzan there she is boys after maint. looking to install roof basket with light rail for camping and hauling back food after a good hunting trip :ar15::aok: if any one know of any good designs out there have access to welder and can lay a bead fair enough.oh and just rechecked the rust areas listed in pathfinder common problems and the frame looks good only minor surface rust :jig:

Edited by 95responder

the pre runner bar goein through the grill is different... whats the backside of that mounted to, the rad support? :scratchhead:

A homemade basket you can build to spec but I belive Yakama and Thule make baskets used by a couple people here. I recently bought a SportRack brand one for my wifes truck but haven't had anything up there for any distance yet

CIMG4003.jpg

there were we are now hers were i want mine to look like redpath88 only blue and a roof rack and light bar

You had the http:// twice. When you paste the image code, paste it directly in the message. Don't use the image button above the text.

James

the satelite dish support bar redneck bull bar came with rig thanks for reminding me to rip it off this weekend gosh i get so much crud for that thing.one of those i wouldn't but he did type things. thanks ill try again picture loading. :FartExplode-vi:

CIMG4003.jpg

Sorry to break it to you man But I'm pretty sure those are the Factory step rails which are VERY bad to use as a Slider. They can't take much stress on them and they end up buckling up and into your rockers and denting it in. Just so you know not to pick up a set to use for that function.