What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

e1c1f885f4ebf42f836da7951667aa3e.jpg[mention=37543]towndawgr50[/mention] & I harvested another R50 on its way to that junkyard in the sky. My 2nd this year.(Photo by[mention=37543]TownDawgR50[/mention])

This is great.....my question is which one of the three is the donor?!?!? They all look fairly nice & complete to me!

There’s a QX-4 that’s been sitting on the side of the interstate up here for seemingly 2-3 weeks at least.

Maybe@onespiritbrain and I need to do something similar, lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

b4ac0fabc8a8084b1df8ac1952201091.jpg
Gold Plated the ram cylinders for the rear latch because I’m nuts lol. Still saving for a engine rebuild, new manual transmission, until then I will be searching for any metal I haven’t coated in some manner. My next project will involve ceramic coatings of piston tops and possibly cylinder heads and most likely entire exhaust

• Like 1

b4ac0fabc8a8084b1df8ac1952201091.jpg
Gold Plated the ram cylinders for the rear latch because I’m nuts lol. Still saving for a engine rebuild, new manual transmission, until then I will be searching for any metal I haven’t coated in some manner. My next project will involve ceramic coatings of piston tops and possibly cylinder heads and most likely entire exhaust

• 3 weeks later...

Got the crankshaft position sensor changed out.

Cranks right up again now!

@onespiritbrain, thanks for offering to help. When I went under to check it out, it was right there wide open for me. Took literally less than a minute.

I did check to see how I could try to do a transfer case drop however. Going to start on the 1/2" spacers for the front to level it out a little more.

I would feel much better if I could drop the transfer case by the same amount to mitigate the cv axle binding concerns.

Sent from my SM-A215U using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Rebuilt and powdercoated all the drum brake hardware, a lot of prep work, it’s pretty I just hope it all works when I put the handbrake haha
Took me awhile to remember how it all went back together, need to order the longer parking brake cable for the other side still, the old one cracked open in a couple spots and siezed the cable up.
bd803d5e9d91a7ad5d9214ba170bfd4b.jpg8a2f54a49b4b61ac1d6334df6ad9edb4.jpge770074d4ade4dde414937f442da6cb7.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I pulled out the evap box to figure out why my heater whistled and struggled to move air. The evap core was chock full of pine needles and mud that probably used to be pine needles, which explains a lot. With that in the bin, and a fistful of mouse nest removed from below the heater core, the system is stronger, quieter, and at least 70% less likely to give the gift of hantavirus.

Cuong, do you hear the pump priming when you turn the key?

• Like 1

Went and fired it up, didn't start, dead battery. Sits too much. Had to boost it with the Golf, batteries aren't on the same side so that was fun.

So I went and installed a battery tender. The plug hangs out the front like a block heater, but it maintains the battery. My dad uses one on his corvette he stores in the winter.

I pulled out the evap box to figure out why my heater whistled and struggled to move air. The evap core was chock full of pine needles and mud that probably used to be pine needles, which explains a lot. With that in the bin, and a fistful of mouse nest removed from below the heater core, the system is stronger, quieter, and at least 70% less likely to give the gift of hantavirus.

Cuong, do you hear the pump priming when you turn the key?
Nah. No whirring of the pump

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

I went to a new junkyard the day before yesterday called Encore in Jefferson GA ( @03TroutFinder ), and it has pathfinders that are not raped to the bone. I found an OEM dizzy that looks pristine, it even had the original cap/rotor (I'm saving it for when I eventually need it). I also, after at least 10 trips to other junkyards, found a rear wing. Finally I grabbed a passenger side marker to replace the one that broke when that guy crashed into me and peace offered me a mcfish sandwich at 8am in the morning...

So after acquiring the above mentioned parts I went to work and performed the following:

new spark plugs

new spark wires

new dizzy cap

new dizzy rotor

fixed coolant leak under throttle body

installed new to me passenger side marker

installed new to me rear wing

Happy New Year!!! _,,..--;;:::2021:::;;--..,,_

• Like 1

I went to a new junkyard the day before yesterday called Encore in Jefferson GA ( [mention=39152]03TroutFinder[/mention] ), and it has pathfinders that are not raped to the bone. I found an OEM dizzy that looks pristine, it even had the original cap/rotor (I'm saving it for when I eventually need it). I also, after at least 10 trips to other junkyards, found a rear wing. Finally I grabbed a passenger side marker to replace the one that broke when that guy crashed into me and peace offered me a mcfish sandwich at 8am in the morning...

So after acquiring the above mentioned parts I went to work and performed the following:
new spark plugs
new spark wires
new dizzy cap
new dizzy rotor
fixed coolant leak under throttle body
installed new to me passenger side marker
installed new to me rear wing

Happy New Year!!! _,,..--;;:::2021:::;;--..,,_
Thanks Bro! I may need to go check that place out. Need to change my back window out. It has some metal that partially melted in it from cutting metal and the sparks were flying into it!
No telling what else I may need though.

I've still yet to have a failed Nissan OE pump, on these trucks at least, after many years. They simply just don't seem to die. That looks like it had been sitting in a rusty tank too.

Edited by adamzan
spelling

I've still yet to have a failed Nissan OE pump, on these trucks at least, after many years. They simply just don't seem to die. That looks like it had been sitting in a rusty tank too.
Yep. Rusty tank from sitting too long. Still trying to find a good tank.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

So in my eternal quest to powdercoat every piece of metal I can tear off. I always assumed the heat sheild under the body ( 2 pieces) were riveted on, I pulled the carpets and underneath were a bunch of zinc coated 10mm nuts! I recently acquired a vinyl cutter so I’ve been playing with designs. The square piece is the CPU cover from under the passenger seat.
The coating is a base of Superchrome, Peeka Blue over that, and finally a Shattered Glass clearcoat which gives it a nice lustre...
Of course if the sun is shining a lustre over my heat shield I’ve probally rolled the vehicle.

010b6dd1926f74bbc48a99d91fdc7cb5.jpg

Brakes all the way around today. First time doing drum brames. Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.
Tomorrow, going.to have to bleed the brake lines i think. Still a lot of play in the pedal.
Also will figure out these camber bolts for the passenger side to level the camber and hope to finally fabrocate the small spacers up front to level out the front end a little bit more.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

ab92aac5a198c2480f1fec4079003ad8.jpg
Got the old spare tire dismounted, bead blasted the barrel and the backside left the chrome intact

7a7aec419a467d8d2a0dd6e89fb395fc.jpg

Applied a base coat of signal white, put down a powdercoat of glowbee clear, laid down the template then sprayed the rest of the backside with ink black, peeled off the decal then finally baked on a gloss clear over everything, now i’m polishing the chrome up, only 4 rims to go
29847ef2cd89b074e7b05b8a3576af46.jpg
The entire inside of the rim is somewhat illuminated from the glow, it’s pretty sexy

• Like 3

On 2/3/2021 at 7:57 PM, RustFlames said:

ab92aac5a198c2480f1fec4079003ad8.jpg
Got the old spare tire dismounted, bead blasted the barrel and the backside left the chrome intact

7a7aec419a467d8d2a0dd6e89fb395fc.jpg

Applied a base coat of signal white, put down a powdercoat of glowbee clear, laid down the template then sprayed the rest of the backside with ink black, peeled off the decal then finally baked on a gloss clear over everything, now i’m polishing the chrome up, only 4 rims to go
29847ef2cd89b074e7b05b8a3576af46.jpg
The entire inside of the rim is somewhat illuminated from the glow, it’s pretty sexy

This is &^%*ing dope. Way to make those ugly &^%*ing steelies look sexy AF!

Not posted in a long while done things here and there. Cut and made a 45 in the power steering return fitting. Welded it up so it's ready to g in tomorrow. The stock one I bent to fit a few years ago developed a pin hole in it so this should fix the problem and not allow it to happen again tired of no power steering

• Like 1