What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

The funny thing is that I actually don’t need any of it. Figuring out how to store it is a bit of a task.

I’ll take some of it off your hands

Sent from my Pathfinder

Yup, I've always found it better to store a whole parts car outside than clog up the garage with stuff you don't need straight away haha

Totally, it’s like it’s made to fit there in the most efficient fashion. It would also then be a weatherproof container for other car parts. Sadly, no room for it.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Tore off all the old plastic conduit split loom from the main engine harness, depinned all the connectors polished up the tips and put some di-lectric grease on, used 3/8” and 1/2 “ braided loom. here’s a before and after 0e6a2d6953ec66581100aeb0e0193dce.jpg523a582f2e7f128992fd833103c97a57.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Felt like painting the last bit of my bumper brackets. I still need to grind a but to clear the radiator support. I have enough squeaking as it is already so I don't need more. I also am prepping for the 90A alternator swap. My 70 Amp pulley doesn't clear the alternator and will require me to shave the casing or the pulley where it necks down. I'll have to hold off on getting the 150A in for now. 2772d7519b1b3aebab17edbb401db83e.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Gold Plated the grill emblem, The 25 year old black paint is all chipped off, will probally tape off the gold and give it a nice deep black. I think I will gold plate the cylinder locks, and was thinking of the the steel part of the rear lift gate piston rams things as well, maybe even the seat belt buckles and any other metal I haven’t managed to powder coat yet, like my brake line connections, trying not to get carried away and make the Pathy too “ricer” looking haha may be too late. Sorry for the quadruple post I think my tapatalk glitched out. 1d4fb6d686b741db391441017da18785.jpg

Gold Plated the grill emblem, The 25 year old black paint is all chipped off, will probally tape off the gold and give it a nice deep black. I think I make gold plate the cylinder locks, and was thinking of the the steel part of the rear lift gate piston rams things as well, maybe even the seat belt buckles and any other metal I haven’t managed to powder coat yet, like my brake line connections, trying not to get carried away and make the Pathy to “ricer” looking haha may be too late1d4fb6d686b741db391441017da18785.jpg

Gold Plated the grill emblem, The 25 year old black paint is all chipped off, will probally tape off the gold and give it a nice deep black. I think I make gold plate the cylinder locks, and was thinking of the the steel part of the rear lift gate piston rams things as well, maybe even the seat belt buckles and any other metal I haven’t managed to powder coat yet, like my brake line connections, trying not to get carried away and make the Pathy to “ricer” looking haha may be too late1d4fb6d686b741db391441017da18785.jpg

Didn’t like seeing the corrosion on that metal ring inside the fan, bead blasted it, polished up to 3000 grit and then gold plated it, also I powder coated the fan clutch in a metallic blue 95714c27328182f012e629902d75e718.jpgcb36ba16d3dd17801de355e0e031cf5a.jpg

Didn’t like seeing the corrosion on that metal ring inside the fan, bead blasted it, polished up to 3000 grit and then gold plated it, also I powder coated the fan clutch in a metallic blue 95714c27328182f012e629902d75e718.jpgcb36ba16d3dd17801de355e0e031cf5a.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday: Jumped my neighbors van after he left his dome light on all night. After parking and locking the Pathy back up I noticed smoke coming from under the hood. Popped it and found that where there is smoke, there is fire!  On the RH side of the intake manifold next to the TB.

Today: Replaced all the soft fuel lines from the frame rail to the TB. Problem solved :Aok:

Edited by RedPath88
clearified which vehicle was aflame

Replaced the round flood lights behind the grille with some blue ‘Raptor lights’.
Lights are LED lights designed for boats.
Built a bracket from plastic angle wall “corner covers” used to protect your sheet rock.
Funny I had multiple immediate reactions to them at the one store I stopped by really quick this afternoon.

e475930cd6e0db06e66e227bc779266a.jpg
a258cf695fee4ac73f36aadfc3a373af.jpg
cf7cf17b6f18d9befdc6f9123685bf2a.jpg

• Like 3

Replaced the round flood lights behind the grille with some blue ‘Raptor lights’.

That bumper turned out pretty nice. I really like the mesh grill. I have something similar planned for mine.

I like the blue lights but you may want to check your state laws. In some states, blue lights are legally preserved for police only. And if that’s true in your state, the police are likely to know & enforce. I considered blue “day lights” on my G but decided not to as this was vaguely a problem here in WA.

That bumper turned out pretty nice. I really like the mesh grill. I have something similar planned for mine.

I like the blue lights but you may want to check your state laws. In some states, blue lights are legally preserved for police only. And if that’s true in your state, the police are likely to know & enforce. I considered blue “day lights” on my G but decided not to as this was vaguely a problem here in WA.

Thanks! Really appreciate it.

I learned all too well the hard way when I lived in FL years ago about the blue lights!
Had a show truck and put blue corner lights on it. Got pulled over multiple times!
My plan is to really just sport them when parked or off road, although I have seen numerous vehicles here in GA with blue lights of all different kinds, including very blue headlights(not the cool white that look a little blue).

• Like 1

Thanks! Really appreciate it.

I learned all too well the hard way when I lived in FL years ago about the blue lights!

Had a show truck and put blue corner lights on it. Got pulled over multiple times!

My plan is to really just sport them when parked or off road, although I have seen numerous vehicles here in GA with blue lights of all different kinds, including very blue headlights(not the cool white that look a little blue).

I can’t help but wonder if you’re referring to a Honda CRV with explosive royal blue headlights.

Somewhat on topic- Took the Pathy out for a Joy ride through North GA, riding through the Chattahoochee National Forest. Put in over 200 miles, along with a few miles hiking around too.

Crossed several creeks. One got a little interesting as the road afterwards got really muddy and I wasn’t wanting to play like that today, but there wasn’t anywhere to turn the Pathy around, so backed it back through the creek, which just happened to be the deepest one I crossed.

As I traveled back through, the truck stalled just as the back end got to the other side, leaving the front of the truck dead in the creek. I thought I may have hydro locked the engine at first, although I knew this couldn’t have been since I took great care to ease back in.

Luckily I got it cranked back up and backed the rest of the way out! Decided no more creek crossings for the day!

All in all, a great day. The foliage is starting to turn. May be another week or two before it peaks out. Several trees have already shed their leaves for the year though.

2e0968eb678782ba4371497a82723cf0.jpg

ad107b9cd00e99c9721f7dcb19838c1e.jpg

e34a81705edf9e1dd80262ce6c78ee64.jpg

d94df71573466a76aaaa51ec381e47a0.jpg

5e705920c6b75485e51ccadf90a95241.jpg

bdc46dbbd3f66daf29afd71425d083af.jpg

95ab028d8168eacfb4dd37a76072441b.jpg

b071456679e188c76d47142f665a1262.jpg

• Like 1