What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Been doing things here and there when I can. Got it aligned finally, had to have the guy get at it 3 times but its whatever. I'm just gonna buy the 3 jigs here at some point and do them myself from now on.

Began mocking up the air compressor today, bent a breather a bit so it will fit on the firewall. Now I need to make a harness. (yay...)

Drove it to Yosemite to see how it is running, everything is fine but I'm gonna pull the thermostat this weekend and put some ATV around it so it doesnt leak which I think it might be. Was a bit low on water so only real reason why it would be since it is the only thing that's been messed with recently. Oh speaking of which I replaced that since it was bad.

Making a jerry can holder. Almost done but going to finish it with my drill press rather than dicking around with a hand drill so that's held me up this weekend.

Gotta lot to do this coming weekend. Going to run an inverter and hopefully figure out how I'm going to mount it to the headliner and make a harness for it, make the harness for the compressor and mount it, make back plates for the switches to me stamped at a later date, finish the jerry can holder and mount it to the tire carrier and mount the D rings in the cargo area along with clean it all out. Wish I could have worked on the carrier table, working away from home and having to devote a lot of time to my girlfriend when I am home on weekends is making it very hard to get a damn thing done especially with all the random house improvements I have been doing. Too much to do. Think I might ask one of my buddies if they are free to help me out and do some of the real simple crap. Just need a full 2 days or so of non stop go at it and I could get it all done myself but that isnt going to happen.

I'll let you know what I get done

• Like 1

Easy acess while sleeping in the back or driving also major plus is it is out of the way. Just wouldnt ne able to stuff all 4 33s in the back anymore but I'm not the biggest fan of that anyways. Cubby? Not sure which cubby your talking about, I'm driving a wd21. Seemed like a nice spot for it though for those reasons along plus running the wire would theoretically be super easy. Personally I've not looked over every angle yet so if anyone has any good suggestions I'm open to it.

Welp, nobody tired to stop me and I'm too lazy to scout a better spot so I went ahead and tore out the headliner so I could mount the inverter and run the power lines. Made a bracket and mounted that to the seam of the truck then drilled holes through the headliner for the bolts to come through. Ran 10awg wire since it was all I had at the time and I'm not using this inverter for anything real so it would have been sufficient but I ended up botching out and buying some 8awg and going to run that instead for peace of mind and possible expansion. Wires were easy to run and super clean. Drilled a hole and mounted the switch but need to hook it up. Now with the new wire and come grommets and conduit I can finish it tomorrow. It's actually a pretty good spot, out of the way of everything and it doesnt interfear woth looking in the rear view mirror or anything so overall I'm really pleased with it. Before I stick the headliner back I'm I'm going to clean and reglue it so it stops folding out. Now time to start sodering and crimping.

• Like 1

Saturday I welded my exhaust back together.. it was extremely difficult! I had to turn the MIG all the way down to 14 volts and wire speed was at 85.

I basically had to spot weld the crack all the way around until it was completely solid, then I drug the weld over the spots for larger surface area penetration. If I slowed down at all it’d blow a hole in the pipe instantly.

bad513fda7760518a6ef94f5bf48ef10.jpg

7697b23b6f0c4d09c192c7a30de32870.jpg

• Like 3

Lot of nothing done. Cut the leads from the switch to the terminals that the inverter will use and crimped the o rings on. Wanted to get them all crimped up in both sides but no time for myself. Did end up flushing out the radiator and cooling system with an agent for 3 hours and flushing it to clear. First time it hasn't been brown since I've owned the new engine. Put atv on the thermostat housing for peace of mind while I was at it so now I just need to fill it up and burp it after swapping out the old temperature sensor.

My new tool should be in while I'm away at work this week so I'm pretty stoked on that and for it to make putting new crap in much easier.

1 hour ago, Sjackson2 said:

Finally got my two inch spacers installed 

9t09og.jpg

Looks great! I remember when mine looked like that, you're looking good now! Now to follow in my footsteps by crashing into a tree and getting a sick tube bumper ??

• Haha 1

Sneak peak fellas. Who can guess the color?
Hint: New Toyota color released for 2018, Not Heritage Blue*- Correction Not Calvary Blue!

Forgot that the fuel door latch was on the drivers door panel, so I had to drop it off so they could finish up, so got to snap these pics!f984eb2e668e89c13f7c2f312a99aaec.jpgc0f304e8b4d083d741c64754ed300ed7.jpg55b60ac04760795a66a30c83851d2194.jpg

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Nice! Cant wait to see the finished product

Sent from my SM-S737TL using Tapatalk

Upgraded my windshield washer nozzles from 2 to 3 streams.
76145807b9212c809cd8486d5bd7f6eb.jpg
The ones I got from the junkyard honestly match the fading paint on my hood better haha
I halfway done that upgrade. My driver's side has it. LOL

Sent from my SM-S737TL using Tapatalk

bought a hitch for it. its off of a 2012 rav4 so im going to cut it up and make my own bumper with the actual hitch slot part. i got a great deal on it its a curt mfg class 5 hitch for 20 bucks

6056dd143ad998557d89c9325dbddac5.jpg13889ef8033c314dd68418f8514f9997.jpg4bf5d32623b090cae0a2704fdb3d1409.jpg Another Pathy Party (5 this time)! Yesterday started as a Pines to Spines Offroad SubFrame Drop test fitment party on the Gambler 500 rig; however, after taking this picture, the guys all said my front end was such an eyesore that something had to be done.(@TowndawgR50 , [mention=40509]pathy_02[/mention],[mention=32880]ferrariowner123[/mention])

• Like 7

6056dd143ad998557d89c9325dbddac5.jpg13889ef8033c314dd68418f8514f9997.jpg4bf5d32623b090cae0a2704fdb3d1409.jpg Another Pathy Party (5 this time)! Yesterday started as a Pines to Spines Offroad SubFrame Drop test fitment party on the Gambler 500 rig; however, after taking this picture, the guys all said my front end was such an eyesore that something had to be done.(@TowndawgR50 , [mention=40509]pathy_02[/mention],[mention=32880]ferrariowner123[/mention])

That's really cool seeing all the R50's in one spot. And it's awesome to see everyone pitching in to help out a fellow brother.

As far as I know, it's just me and onespiritbrain in our neck of the woods. Mrelcocko is just a few hours away.

Would be cool to get an east coast group photo like this!

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Have the time for once so actually getting a bit done these last few days. Finished the wiring to inverter with the install of the breaker, switch and indicator light all the fancy crap that takes more time, finished drilling, painting and bolting up the gas can holder so that's on the tire swing gate now. When I lean to weld I'll just weld it up and take the bolts out. Mounted the arb air compressor and started making the harness for that as well. Need to make a new switch backplate for the compressor since the one I cut and grinded today came out a little wonky and I'm not happy with it.

Oh yeah forgot, took the thermostat housing off to put some ATV on it just in case and ended up fighting a leak. 3 times tearing it apart, sanding and putting back together left me with a broken bolt in the housing and still a leak. Got the bolt out with an EZ out and ordered an actual gasket this time so just waiting for that to come in to put the radiator and fan clutch back in. At least this time the last bolt will be easier to get to without that crap in the way.

• Like 1

bfed2d902b8e3a4cc0c00727b448f01e.jpg

e2ab7f90f00689861906d51a2b985dad.jpgcfe9c325e18555c7b023f59d7871ac1b.jpg

My “new” bumper! Only 2 1/2 years after my fender bender, I was finally able to get an off-road bumper for the Pathfinder. It’s a second hand Coastal Offroad bumper which I obtained from a guy in Portland who was returning his R50 to stock. It was installed at a @pines2spines Tiger Mountain Test Lab workshop by the PNW R50 crew. (@02_Pathy,[mention=32880]ferrariowner123[/mention] & some interim storage by[mention=39745]stpickens[/mention]).

It NEVER would have been successful, however, without the insight and technical skills of the Grandmaster of Ceremonies,[mention=37543]TowndawgR50[/mention], to whom I am forever indebted!

• Like 8