What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Rewired for aftermarket speakers, and ran wiring for system. Entire system running off amp power now vs. head unit.
"Vintage" Alpine v12 amp, kicker C2 6.5 coaxial, 10" kicker solo baric L7. Just waiting on speaker box to arrive to get sub installed!
Re-ran the cb radio to the glove box. We'll see how functional it will be in their since I will have to take the mic on and off. Barely use it though so may not be an issue at all for me.
Also changed out the gear shifter. This has fixed the overdrive issue I was having, just dont have option to turn it on now, but never used it anyways.
Vinyl flooring arrived. Not truly premolded imo, but have it leveling out now per instructions.
Next step- getting her sprayed in the next couple of weeks! Super excited about the color.
fe63c3d6c5ffa33f784e623a2b8200e2.jpg5a8029b09b864a35d546cecb8ab29789.jpg62b41e31fa6e04e99435a9f564390142.jpgf4eee2a2137e06fdcc16675d54af8ae2.jpg40b7fc202e086a4ba62ec6db2b61232c.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

What color are you doing??

What color are you doing??
I'm going to reveal it on here once it's done.

One hint though: it's a new color that came out this year on one specific vehicle.
Nothing fancy, but I believe it's going to take the look of the r50 to a whole nother level of cool! I and my wallet hope i'm right, lol.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 03TroutFinder said:

I'm going to reveal it on here once it's done.

One hint though: it's a new color that came out this year on one specific vehicle.
Nothing fancy, but I believe it's going to take the look of the r50 to a whole nother level of cool! I and my wallet hope i'm right, lol.

If it's the color I think it is, that and red will be an interesting combo.  Can't wait to see the results!

Cleaned out my headlight switch again because the marker lights were getting finicky. I tried to fit the switch I'd saved from my '95 and discovered that the round dash switch has a different electrical connector and a different turn signal cancel mechanism and won't even bolt up. No worries, original is back to working after a light sanding of the contacts. I also remounted my 12v power and USB outlets with actual fasteners this time, because apparently 3m tape doesn't stick to dashboards as well as I'd hoped, and blocked off the hole for the power light in the USB outlet. I'm not sure why it was so bright, but the light coming through the sockets is plenty on its own.

Turned on the vents and shredded Kleenex came out. Lifted the rear seat and found a mouse staring at me. I suspect the little bastard got in through the (formerly) rubber part of the transfer case shifter boot, then ran up into the dash through the floor vents. Long story short, there's one less mouse in the world, the truck got a good vacuum, and I made a surprisingly decent-looking shifter boot from part of an air mattress. (Probably would've looked better if I hadn't used the part of the mattress with the inflation instructions printed on it.) Hopefully that keeps the rest of them out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Turned on the vents and shredded Kleenex came out. Lifted the rear seat and found a mouse staring at me. I suspect the little bastard got in through the (formerly) rubber part of the transfer case shifter boot, then ran up into the dash through the floor vents. Long story short, there's one less mouse in the world, the truck got a good vacuum, and I made a surprisingly decent-looking shifter boot from part of an air mattress. (Probably would've looked better if I hadn't used the part of the mattress with the inflation instructions printed on it.) Hopefully that keeps the rest of them out.

Maybe he got at your in cabin air filter and shredded it up trying to make a nest. It’s an easy and cheap part to replace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

No cabin filter. I did add a screen over the opening from the cowl into the fan a while ago to keep them from getting in that way (after they did and crapped in the fan). They've eaten through cabin air filters in two of my parents' cars, both of which we screened off after the fact to keep it from happening again. They still find other ways in. I'm pretty sure the mice around here would crawl up your pantleg and start hollowing you out if you stood still for too long.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, adamzan said:

Haha, after having mice chew the injector wiring on my Xterra, I wrapped the entire new harness with this:

https://www.amazon.com/Honda-4019-2317-Rodent-Tape/dp/B00AJTG3N0

The one customer image on that doesn't inspire confidence! Hopefully your mice don't like spicy food. Strangely (not that I'm complaining!) the mice here seem to leave wiring mostly alone, with the exception of the one spark plug wire. Otherwise I'd be skipping right over the hot pepper tape and looking for something infused with cyanide or mouse ebola or something.

• Haha 1

Leveled out the truck, passenger tire turning right while drivers is straight. Cant say I'm terribly suprised. Camber is bad but I was just above stick height so not suprised st all, didnt want to have any lift on it since when your getting an allignment workers here seem to suddenly not know what the fskc they are doing and charge you 80$ for it pulling to the left and tell you your frame is bent when the &^%*ing truck had been perfectly aligned months prior and just sat in a driveway getting a new engine. Still pretty &^%*ing salty about that big &^%*ing O tires.

Made the base of the older to hold my gas cans. Wanted to get it all done but the metal is American steel and hard as hell to drill through. Gonna finish it using drill press this weekend. Also had the new tires swapped on it and put the aluminum rims back on. 

Gotta order some spare parts to carry on the truck. If I'm gonna be driving to Alaska dont want to be stuck on the side of the road for something stupid like a belt coming off.

Stripped her down, cleaned up some of the trim pieces with a new coat of flat black and dropped the troutfinder off for her new paint job.

Going to be prepping the flares for flat black too!
e95915408e96acdbd58fb1206a47e20e.jpg868c6bb48aab6613569fe1ee558719f9.jpgfd2f2c0627b899013389432f4ee3f236.jpg59e10399a869148b8e2a9105f68e80d3.jpgadfd73673852645f908b19b957d01c65.jpg

• Like 4

Sneak peak fellas. Who can guess the color?

Hint: New Toyota color released for 2018, Not Heritage Blue*- Correction Not Calvary Blue!

Forgot that the fuel door latch was on the drivers door panel, so I had to drop it off so they could finish up, so got to snap these pics!f984eb2e668e89c13f7c2f312a99aaec.jpgc0f304e8b4d083d741c64754ed300ed7.jpg55b60ac04760795a66a30c83851d2194.jpg

• Like 4

It looks awesome! Where are you having this done?? I have my hood and fenders which need a respray.
Thanks Man. Looking forward to getting it all put back together.
A guy down in Lilburn my cousin knows. He has a body shop. He sprayed another car of mine a few years ago.
Not a SHOW quality paint job, but very good job for the money.
I can give you his info if interested.

Is it Cavalry Blue? In any case, looks killer!!!

Nope, not Cavalry blue. I mistyped when I wrote Heritage Blue. I meant Cavalry Blue (although they do also have a Heritage Blue too!)

I initially was going to go with Heath Gray (old FJ color) or Cement.

Then saw the Cavalry Blue awhile back and liked it too but was like man if they mixed Cement and Cavalry blue, that would make one sick color.

Well, I believe they did just that with this color. Released on the 2018 Toyota 86, it's called Thunder.

I saw it in person and my mind was made up immediately!

The previous pics show it as a little more blue than the eye sees due to the lighting. The pics were taken early this morning just after daylight, around 6:15 or so.

Here's a comparison between it and Cavalry Blue:

847c15e3474c917037471dab5c3c142b.jpg07d9a23d29faadf12e0312db8cd77b31.jpg6e8c4b94ca991ab413aaa8993896a1e1.jpgdd9790ed16031bae141ac814508fb785.jpg

• Like 1

If it's the color I think it is, that and red will be an interesting combo.  Can't wait to see the results!
I'm looking.forward to it myself Mjo. Can't wait. Almost feel like the pathy is becoming my midlife crisis to some degree, lol.

It keeps my love of cars at bay because I love most everything about them, so I don't feel the urge to go get a newer vehicle and do the same thing to it!

I know you know the color now, but out of curiosity what was the color you had initially invisioned?