What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2018 at 4:45 PM, RainGoat said:

7246c93645291271c3c35c98c4823a0b.jpg
Pathfinder Pest Control.
Tried a new way to kill off the moles who are destroying my yard....we’ll see if it works?

Have it. Done it. Worked great!

Been two years+ since I have had to use it, but the Underground Exterminator worked great for me.

• Like 1

On 9/27/2018 at 10:43 AM, Wacky_Pathy said:

Tinted my indicator lights with VHT nightshades. Looks so much more aggressive 

Pictures, or it didn't happen! P...

:D

On 9/28/2018 at 12:17 PM, Wacky_Pathy said:

https://ibb.co/bQdOSU

Should work now

Hmm, to dark IMHO would look better tinted, not blacked. But if you like it then :Aok:

21 hours ago, RedPath88 said:

Pictures, or it didn't happen! P...

:D

Hmm, to dark IMHO would look better tinted, not blacked. But if you like it then :Aok:

I just don't like the look of them in the first place honestly, they look like they were put there last minute kinda but hey

3 hours ago, Wacky_Pathy said:

I just don't like the look of them in the first place honestly, they look like they were put there last minute kinda but hey

They look very... mid-'80s design cue to me... :shrug:

12 hours ago, RedPath88 said:

They look very... mid-'80s design cue to me... :shrug:

Yes they do. I don't mind the look it, just wanted something different and I'm in the process of blacking out the entire thing. Do you ever get complements on your Pathy when people call it a Jeep?  lol

1 hour ago, Wacky_Pathy said:

Yes they do. I don't mind the look it, just wanted something different and I'm in the process of blacking out the entire thing. Do you ever get complements on your Pathy when people call it a Jeep?  lol

Don't recall anyone ever calling it a Jeep, 4Runner yes, but not a Jeep.

3 hours ago, RedPath88 said:

Don't recall anyone ever calling it a Jeep, 4Runner yes, but not a Jeep.

I used to get an occasional "Jeep Wave" from a couple random XJs (Jeep people are kinda dumb-the irony) but would only be verbally confused with other imports.  

Really? I used to get 4runner from older guys but all the freshman at my school are like THATS AN AWESOME JEEP BROOOOO and sometimes I get the Jeep bros at the gas station staring because apparently the only lifted mid sized suv that exists is a Jeep Xj

Although never my Pathfinder, that I can remember at least.... but I have seen a trend over the last 10 or so years where all SUV's that look even a little bit intended for off road use, are "Jeeps". May be stupid but there it is, just something I've noticed lately.

Really? I used to get 4runner from older guys but all the freshman at my school are like THATS AN AWESOME JEEP BROOOOO and sometimes I get the Jeep bros at the gas station staring because apparently the only lifted mid sized suv that exists is a Jeep Xj

I’ve got many of both 4runner and Jeep lol

I had a guy in a squeaky clean wrangler call mine an Isuzu.. he said “that winch on the front of your Isuzu for looks?” I said back “that Nissan has been places you’ll never go” he started saying something about some place he had been but I was already walking away.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Got a hood from a local Pull-A-Part for $40 had to have one where the paint was in good shape. Luckily enough they had one same color to boot. Mine you can tell the entire hood clear coat is gone, it's also gone on the top of both front fenders. The pictures tell the tell.58e53588fd661a3a30693c9552c48846.jpg98e8269e1d023a25f05f19d40f0ac308.jpg

Mr Cox 96R50-97JR50

• Like 4

Hauled a trailer loaded with a little over a metric ton of floor tiles up to the house from the highway. We needed it in the basement, and the driveway doesn't go to the basement, so I went the "fun way" up through the yard. Low range is a wonderful thing!

Also readjusted the front bearings, because they felt a bit loose. Didn't solve the front-end clunk it's developed on turns. Everything looks tight up front, but something clearly isn't. :scratchhead:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AlabamaDan said:

I'm not sure what you mean by this.  Can you explain?

If the wheel bearings on the WD21 are anything like an R50, part of the assembly is a disk that threads into the spindle and has holes in it.  Those holes align with something else and screws go through em.  If you don't get the disk tightened down far enough the wheel bearings will be a little loose.  It can be a bear to tighten it down until the next position where the holes align, but when you do it'll all be better.  About 1500 miles after I did the bearings on my R50 I had to pull it apart and tighten it one more position, as the bearings had settled in  while driving a little better than I could get em by hand.

Edited by mjotrainbrain
Typo *fail*
  • Like 2

Yep, what he said. They're not sealed units like some trucks, they're built more like trailer bearings, only they've got a lock ring held by a couple Phillips screws instead of a castle nut and a cotter pin. There's a special socket you can use for the lock ring that makes things easier. Good to know I'm not the only one finding them loose after a while!

• Like 1