What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Ok, so never mind all of that. It was the fusible link. More importantly, I started my truck for the first time since the old motor shredded itself like six months ago. It idles high, the timing is slightly off, and I think there's coolant coming from the water pump, but IT'S ALIVE!!! I still have to put on the roof rack, steering dampener, and skid plates, and later on the new brake rotors, master cylinder, and rear cylinders and lines, and the dual electric fans and the freeway blaster horn (very important, that) and a whole lot more. I'll probably never stop working on this truck, but I hope that for a while it's stuff I want to do instead of stuff I have to do, if you know what I mean. 

• Like 2

Made a metal plate out of an old washing machine for my switches since the plastic cover broke and I wasn't going to plastic weld it again just to have it break again. All drilled and riveted now. Went to pick and pull and scored a service manual from one of the trucks and pulled a few things off I wanted from it. Didnt get everything I wanted but got what was there. Went night wheeling again and backed into something. Didnt do Any damage but I really want a led back up light for the woods.

Went night wheeling again and backed into something. Didnt do Any damage but I really want a led back up light for the woods.

Check out, Pathy_02 (That_Black_Pathfinder on IG) He really should have done a write-up. Great Project & I think the first to do it.
fcd88affab9b47e95e53d4499417ede6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Thanks 1

The truck has been getting louder these last two days to where it was obvious something is wrong with the exhaust. Today started the truck up and the thing sounded like a v8. Take a look under and the exhaust unbolted itself from the cat and rest of the exhaust so I'm running straight headers lol. One of the craziest things I've seen, either I've been running without bolts or the two bolts worked themselves loose and fell (I've heard stuff fall si most likely culprit). Got some new bolts for it with lock washers and what not so going to bolt it up tomorrow.

Went to the wreckers and scored an owners manual, mud guard and dip stick tube. Planning to put it all in tomorrow, hoping that the damn tube doesn't give me a headache to get out again since I'm not dropping the pan.

Lastly I noticed my rear bumper on the passenger corner is pushed in from backing into something while night wheeling. Not a big deal just thought it was interesting. Makes, making my tube bumper more of an importance.

Put new mile marker hubs on, install was pretty easy, except when the c clip shot off the pliers across the floor and couldn't find it.

Spent two hrs. running around town to find one of those. Sure notice less drag on engine without all that turning up front. Think I'm gonna like them!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, mbro said:

Put new mile marker hubs on, install was pretty easy, except when the c clip shot off the pliers across the floor and couldn't find it.

Spent two hrs. running around town to find one of those. Sure notice less drag on engine without all that turning up front. Think I'm gonna like them!

That's why they're called Jesus clips. "Jesus! Where did it go?"

Tonight I figured out how to reattach one of the exterior vent trims behind the rear quarter windows. I took it off a few weeks ago (hoping to paint it without having to mask around it), which turned out to be a bad idea--two of the clips disintegrated, as did one of the clip mounts on the vent itself. Parts are available, but also expensive. Turns out that the orange clips that hold the interior trims in place will totally clip into the holes for the vent trim, provided they're oriented right. I epoxied a couple spare clips to the back of the trim and got it all back together. It's a small thing but it's nice to have the back of my truck not look like a molting bird with its earholes showing.

After seeing Hawairish put a gas strut on his tire carrier a while back, I've been wondering how hard it would be to do the same on mine. The good news is that it was actually pretty easy. The bad news is that the strut I had in the bin to test with is completely whupped, so I need to pick up a replacement before I'll know if my setup is actually good for anything.

17 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

LOL, went thru the same thing last weekend,broke both clips taking it off, went to JY and found a 98 with both attatched, needed the right one ,broke two more clips getting it off, so I popped the left off without breaking any, back on and secure.

14 hours ago, mbro said:

LOL, went thru the same thing last weekend,broke both clips taking it off, went to JY and found a 98 with both attatched, needed the right one ,broke two more clips getting it off, so I popped the left off without breaking any, back on and secure.

The joys of brittle old trim clips!

The joys of brittle old trim clips!

I broke one of those little trim tabs in the upper trim just inside the rear hatch. Nissan said there was one left in the country & it was in Massachusetts & ~$7. I passed-JY it is!

e4cb6b5da1a461c1f257e4e96275072d.jpg
Stripped off my load bars, rail mounted Yakima Basket Case, all the rail slides & the rails themselves in preparation for mounting a full length Rola V-Tech rack. I haven’t been able to adequately access the roof under that Yakima basket for about 14 years. I’m going to clean it all up, wax it & remount the rails. I’m still working on the rack mount. I’ll use the rail slides & conduit clamps but after seeing another R50 with just those (Pathy_02), I feel it needs another 1cm - 1” elevation to be able to put cam strap hooks around the lower bars & that will also allow the sunroof to function without interference. Something tells me that I’ll be dealing with wind noise once I do that.

• Like 2