What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Please elaborate. Thank you and also pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't even mean to end up in the hole, I was pulled over to be out of the way while I figured out where to go next and wasn't terribly successful with getting back to the road before it was too late. Luckily I was only on the edge, a couple of feet over and I would have been in deep enough to flood the interior!

It wasn't a crazy suck, but I've only been stuck twice before, both at an offroad park where I knew I was in way over my head. I usually try to take it pretty easy due to having no armor and mostly wheeling on public land.

Ye1i9yyh.jpg

Ki4u2Hmh.jpg

XAJZ1agh.jpg

• Like 3

Tried to slip the rear wheels accelerating from a stop sign on wet pavement. I could almost do donuts with my old Coopers but these Yokohama tires didn't slip a bit. Can't wait to try them on ice and snow.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Installed me some Bosch 1 1/2 gauges oil,volt and temp in my 97 Quey. Waiting on my adapter for the temp gauge. Installed a VDO clock out of an 944 Porshe in my 96 Pathy.ef0790ec916cebcf88283d048828286b.jpg38f2ac0ddeace7fab1dad2dd56a0166e.jpg7d4439f04ac5ff650396cdfe9a543772.jpg

Mr Cox R50

• Like 3

Put in camber bolts and replaced my winshield washer fluid reservoir again. This one didn't have the sensor for letting you know if it's running low, and since I couldn't figure out which fuse to pull to disable the feature, I attempted to retrofit it. Leaked horribly, and now 2 days later the silicone caulk I used to seal it still isn't dry...

Installed me some Bosch 1 1/2 gauges oil,volt and temp in my 97 Quey. Waiting on my adapter for the temp gauge. Installed a VDO clock out of an 944 Porshe in my 96 Pathy.ef0790ec916cebcf88283d048828286b.jpg38f2ac0ddeace7fab1dad2dd56a0166e.jpg7d4439f04ac5ff650396cdfe9a543772.jpg

Mr Cox R50

Hahaha that's pretty sick lol. I like the clock :)

• Like 1

Put in camber bolts and replaced my winshield washer fluid reservoir again. This one didn't have the sensor for letting you know if it's running low, and since I couldn't figure out which fuse to pull to disable the feature, I attempted to retrofit it. Leaked horribly, and now 2 days later the silicone caulk I used to seal it still isn't dry...

Try flex seal instead if it is your windshield washer reservoir. Would work better than silicone.

Trucks running like a top, great power and not killing me on gas. Been able to drive up big hills in 4th and 5th while barely giving it gas. I need to try and fix my camber, giving it time to fix itself didn't work out fully so I'm gonna loosen some bolts and try and shove it back how it should be here soon. Oh, also while I was camping I shoved the headliner back where in where it needed to go so it isn't all falling down anymore and looks like factory. Might take it back out and add a dab of glue here and there at some point but I doubt it, shouldn't come out and only if it does will I bother doing that. Also I guess when I put my dash back in, specifically the dash cluster I knocked the Speedo cable out of place and thus my speedometer wasn't working so corrected that problem. Nothing at all worth noting but figured I'd contribute since I'm posting anyways.

Edited by Charlie_Brown
  • Like 1

Try flex seal instead if it is your windshield washer reservoir. Would work better than silicone.

Trucks running like a top, great power and not killing me on gas. Been able to drive up big hills in 4th and 5th while barely giving it gas. I need to try and fix my camber, giving it time to fix itself didn't work out fully so I'm gonna loosen some bolts and try and shove it back how it should be here soon. Oh, also while I was camping I shoved the headliner back where in where it needed to go so it isn't all falling down anymore and looks like factory. Might take it back out and add a dab of glue here and there at some point but I doubt it, shouldn't come out and only if it does will I bother doing that. Also I guess when I put my dash back in, specifically the dash cluster I knocked the Speedo cable out of place and thus my speedometer wasn't working so corrected that problem. Nothing at all worth noting but figured I'd contribute since I'm posting anyways.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll give that stuff a shot.

Sounds like you got a lot of little stuff done! That's the stuff that adds up and makes the vehicle nice to deal with on a day to day basis.

For some reason Nissan decided to put the cheap spoiler on the QX4 which is real flimsy and about everyone you see is broke. Nissan put the good metal or aluminum kind on the Pathfinder and since mine broke I grabbed one from a 95 Pathfinder and installed it on my QX4.I had to redrill the holes because the holes didn't line up but I think it turned out pretty good.475ce22d67da39b6681c3e6f433493af.jpg

Mr Cox R50

Attempting to troubleshoot my transmission disengaging and engaging overdrive erratically. First step is to rule out a worn TPS and try to remember how to access the transmission diagnostic mode.

Attempting to troubleshoot my transmission disengaging and engaging overdrive erratically. First step is to rule out a worn TPS and try to remember how to access the transmission diagnostic mode.

When my tranny was doing this I used the diagnostic mode to help get an idea what it was doing. I don't remember what the culprit was but I did bookmark the service manual in case I would ever need to come back to it. If I remember correctly it's on page AT-39.

Edited by Bobsteriffic
  • Like 1

When my tranny was doing this I used the diagnostic mode to help get an idea what it was doing. I don't remember what the culprit was but I did bookmark the service manual in case I would ever need to come back to it. If I remember correctly it's on page AT-39.

I am trying to figure out why my power indicator is not flashing the codes. I would not think that my 93 model would make a difference.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I am trying to figure out why my power indicator is not flashing the codes. I would not think that my 93 model would make a difference.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Ahhh my bad, I didn't realize that was your issue haha. Yeah mine's a '92 and that worked for me, so I don't really have anything for ya then... :shrug:

Good luck on figuring it out though!

Ouch, that sucks! Any idea what caused the failure?

Totally forgot to check in for a while, sorry guys. If anyone is still wondering (and still remembers) it turned out the timing belt was pristine. I have no idea why this happened, still, but when I got the oil pan off I found two shattered pistons and rods in cylinders one and two, heavy gouges in said cylinders, and that heavy rail thing (don't know the specific name...) that bolts around the crankshaft is busted up badly. Timing belt looks new. So what I did to my pathfinder today was stare at it with its empty engine compartment and the new 33 in front of it, shake my head sadly, and then go back inside and look for a Mr.510 adapter or a Canadian hardbody 3.0 crankshaft pulley part number 1230312G03 to finish the swap without involving a crankshaft swap. If anyone wants, I think I have pictures of the damage to the old motor, and even though it doesn't matter any more I still wonder why it tore itself apart... I did notice the driver side motor mount was broken, and several of the bell housing bolts were loose when I took it all out.

:blink: That's a pretty dramatic failure! Maybe it ingested something?

David Carroll (Mr. 510) is active on the NPORA Facebook page, you might try getting in touch with him there.

Today my dad called me from the wreckers to say they have a brake booster, and the output rod doesn't have the lateral play that mine does. I'm hoping that means mine is in fact what's been running me through a knothole sideways and a $35 used part will get my truck back on the road. I'll find out this weekend.

Changed condenser and dryer

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180610/0503d95f2a4758fccefc72adb6e0044d.heic

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180610/7cf89da1a338eb0d5b4d3ce869cdcd6f.heic

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180610/56d1e5a5c4a534b6cdce8851bc6f7823.heic

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180610/44a34de3f22a11d4df693c5303bbe164.heic

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180610/c498617bd16694d93c9587c50350c0dc.heic

Charged it right to spec at 1.5# but it’s not as cold as it should be or as cold as it was before the new condenser and dryer. I am going to push another 3-4oz and see if it drops down.

Edited by onespiritbrain
  • Like 1

Changed condenser and dryer

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180610/7edb729b412238327e1a1bc27450385f.heic

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180610/677f07387f599be6b0a4c338ee0d808c.heic

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180610/58fff006a04af0dc8e2fdf38aedfbbe1.heic

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180610/0148a54a0da89736a2e5636f4c3d35d6.heic

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180610/79b4f413386229e0a14143e54bb38d14.heic

Charged it right to spec at 1.5# but it’s not as cold as it should be or as cold as it was before the new condenser and dryer. I am going to push another 3-4oz and see if it drops down.

Hm, good luck. I've been thinking I may need to change my condenser, but the A/C system seems like it can be such a PITA once you open it up.

Installed me some Bosch 1 1/2 gauges oil,volt and temp in my 97 Quey. Waiting on my adapter for the temp gauge. Installed a VDO clock out of an 944 Porshe in my 96 Pathy.ef0790ec916cebcf88283d048828286b.jpg

Mr Cox R50

It looks to me like you have an OEM spot for switches forward from your shifter. That would be super handy for all the things you’ve done with it: voltmeter, USB outlets, switches. Can you take a picture of your center console surround around the gear shift? Is that the stock ‘97 Q trim? Thanks! Edited by RainGoat
  • Like 1