What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Hanging out on top of Bald Mountain this past weekend.

d6293baef4f69cf5ccfae20c0e1a8499.jpg

It was great to see an R50 amongst the OB crowd! Silver with WA tags, it almost felt like I’d done it in a dream.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were the only pathfinder there. Hat made me really want to get up that mountain.

• Like 2

:lmao: I have the exact same cactus antenna thingy on my exact same color 04 SE! Mine's even missing the hat, too! Did a double-take trying to figure out when I got WA plates and awning.

Lol. We have named ours Cactus Jack. He’s our road trip mascot. We lost our hat in central Oregon on the I5 a few years ago. That’s funny that we have the same R50. She definitely gets us to awesome places.

Redone my evap system on rear of vehicle. Removed canister and all hoses,wiring harnesses and canister bracket . Replaced with newer parts. Painted bracket flat black then used undercoating to protect it. I also put new tape on wiring harness. Also overhauled vacuum cut bypass valve bracket and solenoid.09ea53716179aba1ea603f5e87748af5.jpg2d3323e5a2a9d518945490502611c6fa.jpgb402327f6767981572ecf8def7943082.jpgd50a5fed244d5babe49dce9c45c1fbf8.jpg8ca583fac3552f5efba14d70c5034e4b.jpg

Sent from my SM-S337TL using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Getting ready to wrap up my transfer case reseal. I need to prime the engine with oil and button up the bottom end so I can rework the right side motor mount to finally be able to bolt it down (bent frame).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Working on cleaning up the surface rust and painting the front right wheel well. Right side is going to be looking real good. Only have one spot that needs to be patched in this wheel well, but it's right behind the strut. :tired::thumbsdown:

Came outside to my Pathy last Tuesday and tried to drive her to Walmart to buy more brake fluid for my leaky brake system, only to discover when I pushed my brake pedal to the floor I had no brake pressure. Upon further inspection, the drivers side of my frame was shiny, and after opening the hood I saw an empty master cylinder, and a massive leak coming down the front of my brake booster. Lol.

One week later, a new aftermarket master cylinder, learning how to bench bleed a master cylinder without a vise - and a trip to Ace hardware to get two replacement nuts for securing the bracket and master cylinder to the brake booster (literally managed to lose both of them, they're either sitting somewhere on my frame or in our gravel parking lot lol), my rig now has brakes again. Just happy to not have to worry about leaking brake fluid anymore!

• Like 4

Bought your grandpappys vice he used to build ships in WW2 for 100 bucks off Craigslist. Is it overkill since I'm really just using it to make brackets? Yeah. But it was cheaper than getting one brand new. Time to beat 1/4 thick steel!

• Like 1

Came outside to my Pathy last Tuesday and tried to drive her to Walmart to buy more brake fluid for my leaky brake system, only to discover when I pushed my brake pedal to the floor I had no brake pressure.

Nice of it to give up in a parking lot, rather than on the road!

Bought your grandpappys vice he used to build ships in WW2 for 100 bucks off Craigslist. Is it overkill since I'm really just using it to make brackets? Yeah. But it was cheaper than getting one brand new. Time to beat 1/4 thick steel!

Score! I'm still using my great grandfather's vice. Don't think it built any battleships but it kinda looks like it took a shot from one LOL.

• Like 2

I have concluded the shop who resealed my transfer case didn't know the correct location of the neutral switch and ended up jamming two of the checkballs against each other. A drill and tap later, I have something that should function like it was designed to. Catch to this is I converted to 4wd and have no wiring set up or that 4x4 and neutral transfer case indicators lol.

Started putting on the timing belt again and noticed I'm missing the washers for the tensioner. A trip to the dealership and they are on order expected to arrive this Thursday.

Power steering pump will be getting new o rings and crush washers, a cooler install, and I'll be installing back on the remote oil filter. Maybe the remote transmission filter too.

Edited by Cuong Nguyen

Got the tie rod adjustment sleeves drilled and retapped, putting the zerk fittings in now so it's all ready to go in first th8ng in the morning and I can torque it all down.havw to thread two of the tie rods first though, not a big deal.

Looked around for where the hell I'm going to mount this vice for the time being till the garage gets cleaned out a bit have an idea with a junk table I've been using to paint parts on in the driveway so power steering bracket should be coming along sooner rather than later. I'll just have to put counter weights on the other end of the table. This vice is no joke! hahaha

I found that when I hit something with outer wings that it transferred the energy to the point where the bottom edge of the lower panel met the center section and bent the center section there. For reference my center is 1/4" plate and the outer is 1/8". I have a peice of square tube welded down low on the 1/4" plate spanning the gap for lateral support. I should have made sure that the lower panel edge and the square tube were in the same spot because of that energy transfer. Instead, my tube is about 3 to 4 inches lower.

I found that when I hit something with outer wings that it transferred the energy to the point where the bottom edge of the lower panel met the center section and bent the center section there. For reference my center is 1/4" plate and the outer is 1/8". I have a peice of square tube welded down low on the 1/4" plate spanning the gap for lateral support. I should have made sure that the lower panel edge and the square tube were in the same spot because of that energy transfer. Instead, my tube is about 3 to 4 inches lower.

Thanks for the insight, now I know where to put the middle brace. Do you think 1/4" angle iron would suffice instead of tubing? I have 10' long piece that hold the mudflaps on the back of a semi trailer.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I am an amateur in fabrication, so take this with a lump of salt, but personally I would go with either square or round tube.

I used 1 1/2" x 1/8" square tube.

Edited by Citron
  • Like 1

Replaced spark plugs on the 95. First time since I put the engine in. The ngk V powers I pulled out had a little wear but were probably still good. They had about 49,000km, the oe interval is 48k. Replaced with AC Delco 41-602 as the store did not have V-Power in stock anymore. Running the platinum plugs on the vg30 is a waste of money IMO.

Also replaced cap and rotor. Had the oem nissan rotor and the end was all rusted. Cured a rough start issue I had.

Drove it to Toronto and back this weekend, averaged 23 mpg!

Decided to redo the inner welds tomorrow because they didn't penetrate as well as I want, but I got the outer welds redone and smoothed out. Here's a pic of it mounted with the fairlead installed for those of you who are curious :)035d6dc20a7d87b650517e03d8827d15.jpgcec2fe7646fd600f0b5496b19744943e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Ordered a seal kit from rockauto only find out that the copper washers in the kit are too large in diameter. One of the O rings were larger in diameter as well but I'm thinking it will work. Reused the old copper ones and hoping for the best. If not, I'll see how much it'll cost at the dealership. Cleaned up the rear main seal housing and will install a new seal tomorrow. I noticed Ed I had an oil buildup on the face of the flex plate so I'm hoping the newer seal seals it up real well. It's been a struggle this rebuild. I purchased a small power steering cooler today with some longer hose. I'll need to buy another mounting kit my transmission cooler since I need to move it over more to make room for the power steering one.

Man, I really hope it's not oil leaking out of the exhaust port....db0957289624be7396ad361868e79183.jpgc1abe108c862881a28af5b0867c45a64.jpg04c0a63da61f83482e07a3306eabdf31.jpg

Installed 2-10" Infinity Reverence subs im my Quey that I found on my route today. Already had an amp. I'm a trash man and you wouldn't believe the stuff people throw away. CRAZY! One man's trash is another man's treasure.d5f2d55043058768f926c0413c4d3816.jpg

Sent from my SM-S337TL using Tapatalk

Edited by Mrelcocko
  • Like 1