What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Why monthly? My manual says nothing about that.

I don't know why, just what the manual says. Mine's a Rough Country. Can't remember exactly what it says without looking, but it's something like disengage clutch and pull out 5ft, then engage clutch and spool out 15ft, then spool in 20ft.

• Like 1

Changed the front pads. Looked like there was still a fair bit left on them, but when compared to the new ones they were waaaaaay down. Only had to fight one stuck slide pin. However, I did notice that one of the camber bolts was sheared off, which is 'interesting' considering I just got an alignment a couple weeks ago and haven't inspected super thoroughly since...hmm...

Gonna do the same this coming weekend.

Sent from my Z836BL using Tapatalk

Noticed that both the Titan and wd21 are leaking gear oil from the front diff.

The pathy looks like it is coming from the drain plug, but it is as tight as possible, so I am going to spray it off with brake kleen and see if the drip comes back.

Ordered a pinion seal for the Titan.

Got the crank in and got some measurements for the bearings. Times like this I wished I had a bore gauge. Rods look good but I'm concerned about the mains. 1 and 4 are within range loose specifically 0.051 but 2 and 3 are out at 0.078 limit is 0.090 so I'm good in that aspect.

I'm wondering if it's because I'm not getting a good torque reading with me doing it upside down. Also number 4 bearings were stuck (snug fit) to the crank when I removed it.

81782aaa5af775604b4325f4ec6a041d.jpg72548ed8f4ebcf9a0670e6c614808e6a.jpg3587aab1a0b9d8245b27716e4fd63f93.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Edited by Cuong Nguyen
  • Like 1

Got some drop down brackets for my e-brake fabbed up and installed, they're not pretty but they'll do the job just fine. Now I have a functioning e-brake again, next up is trimming the exhaust, rebuilding the front calipers, and leveling off the front endcc24fc4e81515167151683cf28732dc1.jpg07e78a554dda4639740e09da566841c9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Installed idler arm brace, took off brake pad assembly after messing with frozed bolts and snapped my only Alan wrench socket I had of correct size turning out the seized bolts to the &^%*ing hub. Got all but two free. Last of clear coating on spindle done so control arm should be going on soon.

Or in short I fought bolts till they broke my tools leaving me dead for the day.

• Like 1

Drove 2 hours and got all the metal I'll need to build my front bumper, now I just need to find out how I'm gonna get it all welded up.

My winch will be here tomorrow so I'm super excited about that

• Like 3

Got the foam board for templates, just have to wait til Monday to have the winch delivered now :/

I take it foam was easier for you to get vs cardboard?

I take it foam was easier for you to get vs cardboard?

I went to 5 different places and nobody had any, it had already been crushed... so I just went the easy route and got some foam board from the $ store.

• Like 2

Took some 3M Perfect It Compound and buffed my headlights,blinker and fog lights. out I got a pair of headlights off a 2000 QX4 from my local pull a part and installed them on my 97. Perfect fit just had to rewire the connections. They look brand new.7fd013ae7e5c99857d40698e693c566b.jpg

Sent from my SM-S337TL using Tapatalk

• Like 2