What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

If you're really getting rid of it...Sell me that power antenna fender! I need one...

I am not in any kind of position to be able to keep it on the road so the fender is yours. Antenna with it? Anything else you need?

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

Replaced injectors , screwed up a couple of the vac lines, truck ran like... my truck. Put vac lines where they belonged, truck ran the best it ever has for me.. for one day.

Current status: Hard starting and a constant miss on cylinder 3. Its spark related, as pulling the wire doesn't change the miss but does mean rich smelling exhaust (which at least means my new injector isn't buggered)

Expected solution: PULL CODES FIRST, then pull the plug, regap the plug, clean the plug hole, try a different wire, clean/replace distributor. If that doesn't fix it, I might choose to kill it with fire.

As always, input is always appreciated - btw, truck recently rolled past 100,000 for the first time.

I am not in any kind of position to be able to keep it on the road so the fender is yours. Antenna with it? Anything else you need?

I could use a few odds and ends...When are you getting rid of it? Perhaps a trip up to Montreal is in order...

Post up a list and I put your name on stuff! I am still driving it around until I get an X so.... as long as you don't need an alternator or a valve cover! Those we'll pull off later!

Pav: same deal!!

The check engine light came on, ran the codes. Got a p1441 Vacuum cut valve. Before the check engine light I noticed I would smell gas after stopping the vehicle and getting out it was a very faint smell of gas. Looked online and a vacuum cut valve was about 50 bucks that was the cheap one. Called the local auto parts stores their prices for a vacuum cut valve 90 bucks. That's ridiculous in my book. It's a little piece of plastic that has 4 hoses connected to it. Went to my local Pull A Part got one for five bucks. I bought 2. I got one off an Xterra and another one off of an 02 QX4 just in case I broke one installing it. No more check engine light and no more gas smell. Another job completed:)2227f1fa7f0af04397a683ea3a2c5a7b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Post up a list and I put your name on stuff! I am still driving it around until I get an X so.... as long as you don't need an alternator or a valve cover! Those we'll pull off later!

Pav: same deal!!

If you can, find a supercharged one. The non supercharged are just as slow as the pathfinder and worse on gas...My SC xterra gets 20mpg and it has 60 more HP than my wd21.

• Like 1

Sanded the entire spare tire swing to bare metal, replaced waterpump for so when I got the damn timing belt back on for the tensioner bolt to snap. &^%*ing figures. Painted pulleys and random engine parts something are shiney when they go back on, painted grille

• Like 2

Yea I was looking at the numbers in site for transport Canada and I saw that the 3.3 gets worse except for the supercharged one. But finding a supercharger that doesn't need are rebuild is a challenge in itself. I'm leaning towards an N50 (gen2+) anyway.. maybe I'll get a bit more respect at the family meetings in a newer vehicle.

Sanded the entire spare tire swing to bare metal, replaced waterpump for so when I got the damn timing belt back on for the tensioner bolt to snap. &^%*ing figures. Painted pulleys and random engine parts something are shiney when they go back on, painted grille

Don't over-tighten it. The torque spec is only like 43 ft-lbs

Yea I was looking at the numbers in site for transport Canada and I saw that the 3.3 gets worse except for the supercharged one. But finding a supercharger that doesn't need are rebuild is a challenge in itself. I'm leaning towards an N50 (gen2+) anyway.. maybe I'll get a bit more respect at the family meetings in a newer vehicle.

You need to read the book called; "The Subtle Art of not giving a fskc".

My parents have a 2nd gen xterra. It's okay...Yeah it's got good power, but it is just as bad, if not worse on gas than my 1st gen.

You need to read the book called; "The Subtle Art of not giving a fskc".

My parents have a 2nd gen xterra. It's okay...Yeah it's got good power, but it is just as bad, if not worse on gas than my 1st gen.

Yea I have tried that but then no one listens to me when I tell them that the blah blah blah needs to be replaced this year and no it can't go another year. Then it breaks and everyone is like : 'why didn't you say something'.... Everyone else also makes 40-70% more than I do but none of them can spin a wrench. So I end up the hired help and like Rodney Dangerfield. .. I don't get no respect!

Thanks for the lowdown on the Gen2!!

Pulled plug, fouled like crazy. Replaced the plug and within 20 miles it was fouled again, missing the whole time. No codes, new plug wire didn't change anything.. noticed that when I pulled the 2nd fouled plug, it was clean on one side and blackened on the other... Maybe the new injector is bad in some way?

I had just started to tighten it when It snaooed. Loosening it is what weakened it, it was stuck in place and would barely even move. It was just old and was over tightened before I guess. Not much I could have done about it but spend more time with liquid wrench before moving it.

Oh well, I needed a break from the vulture wagon anyways hahaha. I'll have to double check that torque spec

Installed an extra set of fog lights. Wiring into the original harness so they work just like the originals. I was going to put them on a separate switch with a relay but got lazy.3f66715d8d0f0e85e3d66530b4df9f03.jpg4b49dfab603f50270cecbc260142b561.jpg

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Pulled plug, fouled like crazy. Replaced the plug and within 20 miles it was fouled again, missing the whole time. No codes, new plug wire didn't change anything.. noticed that when I pulled the 2nd fouled plug, it was clean on one side and blackened on the other... Maybe the new injector is bad in some way?

So that has to be either an injector that's stuck open or is getting an electrical signal full time keeping the injector open... I can't think of anything else that would do that!

So that has to be either an injector that's stuck open or is getting an electrical signal full time keeping the injector open... I can't think of anything else that would do that!

Considering that it didn't do this before I replaced my injectors last weekend, I'm leaning towards it being a faulty injector. Hopefully the parts store will honor some sort of warranty policy should that be the case. I'll find out this weekend

• Like 1

Finally, after 16 years of ownership, tinted the front windows! Used high quality precut tint from Filmvantage (ebay seller) and it worked out great! It's been over 20 years since I applied tint, made a slight rookie mistake on the passenger side, it has a hardly noticeable, small crease, but oh well, still looks great. I have no clue why I waited so long, but glad I didn't pay the $100 plus tax to have the local shop do it.

• Like 4

fskced up the timing. Now I have to tear the engine apart again. These water pumps are absolutely retarded, who makes something so ass backwards where you have to take timing belt off when changing the damn pump.

I'm frustrated and done working on this truck for awhile

Installed new KYB struts (and boots and mounting plate), OME HD coils, CV axles, and wheel bearings in the front end. It rides so much better now! Went down from 2 1" spacers to just 1 in the front so I don't push the CV's too far. Close to 2 inches of rake which is a little more than I'd like, but it's almost 3 inches better than it was so I'll take it, lol. (Old stuff REALLY needed replacing.) Going to be getting an exhaust when I take it in for an alignment I think.

And as a side-note, I've had my spacers from Steve for over a year now and they still measure exactly 1 inch thick! Very good product man!!