What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Spent about 8 hours scrubbing my aluminum wheels with some steel wool and polishing compound. I have literally never seen these things shine until now. Probably another 8 hours or so, and they will look brand spanking new. Also pulled my camper to the mountains for the weekend.

Looks good! Is it just a tarp and some poles?

sorry for the late response. Yes it is just a tarp and tent poles. And you definitely need two people to put it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How big does that measure? I'm interested in doing something like this on my rig for camping and fishing

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

It measures 8 wide (along the pathfinder) 10 long. Plenty of room. Sore for the really late getting back.

47e46365654c37a9c042dd5ee1d9ca78.jpgeb18bf21a1c7c3b1f139d1b14b3691b1.jpgb67ae9ddcc07159235bf82879302ad37.jpg

Did a little install on a new radio. I am very happy with how it came out. Let's see if this will last longer then the cobra that fried itself after 3 months.

Before and after pics of the lift (both 31x10.50r15 tires). Now just having a really hard time with the ebrake cable bracket extensions and muffler clearance on top of finding a decent set of rear shocks. Started it up after sitting for nearly 2 months though, fired right up and smoked like crazy from the old fuel lol I feel bad for my neighbors sometimes.6200e1aa13ab79049c32d1a96fa40ce7.jpg2fb1fa80bd804915545d94b48bc1617b.jpg

What lift did you do?

3 inch body lift, JGC RC 3" lift coils, and superlift A-arms. I need at minimum 26" shocks but finding a set I like is hard enough. I was given a set that were supposed to be from a stock f250 but they're only 2 inches longer than stock but I'm thinking they were off of something else as they have a metal collar top and bottom.

Started experiencing a serious misfire. I blame injector #4! Time to find out tomorrow.

What symptoms are you experiencing? I'm having a bad misfire on my 97 Quey.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

Injector #4 was not to blame! Misfire became less noticeable the more I drove her, and cleaning the MAF sensor and throttle body has completely fixed the problem. Amazing what effects little things can have on an engine!

• Like 2

Moved it for the first time in months, and in the process of releasing the clutch and hopefully leveling it off more today6934ee5fd663eb24f27513462a2a4b23.jpgac30386e01f007cd4b583e8162478e6c.jpg

Installed the xterra roof rack that's been laying beside my garage for around a year. Also discovered several wasps trying to make my pathfinder their home.

Replaced all six fuel injectors along with the fuel filter. Blew out the real tube and after testing her out found out my water pump is indeed bad. Can still hear a slight misfire so I'm gonna try cleaning the MAF however I know for a fact I have one or two exhaust leaks so I could easily just be hearing thst. I'll probably just wait till I get a new exhaust.

I'm thinking hard about what to do _with_ the Pathfinder now that the frame is broken... again.... for the third time. I don't have a garage, shop or parking spot and the family doesn't want to look at it on the lawn at the cottage. Michèle, my wife, thinks I should drive either the $1000 CR-V or the 7 year old Chevrolet instead of buying a 2007 XTERRA.

Ideas? Suggestions? I would like to keep the Pathfinder but there is so much wrong that I can't even mustard the energy to start fixing everything.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

I'm thinking hard about what to do _with_ the Pathfinder now that the frame is broken... again.... for the third time. I don't have a garage, shop or parking spot and the family doesn't want to look at it on the lawn at the cottage. Michèle, my wife, thinks I should drive either the $1000 CR-V or the 7 year old Chevrolet instead of buying a 2007 XTERRA.

Ideas? Suggestions? I would like to keep the Pathfinder but there is so much wrong that I can't even mustard the energy to start fixing everything.

My parents have an 07 off road edition xterra and it's a good vehicle. Only issues they had with it was the windows stopped working from the switches going bad, and the timing chain guides are starting to make a whole lotta noise on startup getting close to 200,000 miles.

Come down to the states, pick up a clean one with a blown trans for $500 off Craigslist, trailer it back, and transplant the good bits from yours into a solid shell. That was my plan, until I found my '93 for cheap with better mechanicals than the '95 I was going to swap parts from.

Dove into re wiring the rats nest that was my radio. Got rid of all the twisted together wires, put a speaker in the passenger door, and got the equalizer working for the first time since I've owned it.

Huge improvement, going to make my commute a lot better. Next weekend I'm going to install the other speaker in the drivers door.

So I have Been contemplating painting the boom boom truck primer gray. It's not a daily and really only used for deer camp. So I took the tire carrier off and started to mask. Didn't get done painting(ran out of rattle cans)df38ecd0b1739bc52fb46306bc1a59d7.jpg064183440a4d8839a61e83da08acf848.jpg34428c674ab6c54a4a24d85af56af528.jpg

Mounted the alternator and tensioner. Replaced AC intercooler and straightened out the bracket to the frame that the p.o bent in a small wreck. Ordered new radiator and belt since I didn't do anything else on Sunday but hang out with friends.

• Like 1

Installed heated seat switches from a 2004 Maxima and put L.E.D lights in them. Newer models came factory with indicator. Why Nissan didn't put indicator lights in their heated seat switches is beyond me. There's a light that tells you it's on, and in no way does that help to find it at night CRAZY! Even though I know where they are at nighttime it's hard to to find the switch to turn it on. I I fixed that problem.9e85eb244f089374a568fd91f10d655b.jpg0770dc3b562ba38681703a95543dc733.jpg

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

• Like 2

My parents have an 07 off road edition xterra and it's a good vehicle. Only issues they had with it was the windows stopped working from the switches going bad, and the timing chain guides are starting to make a whole lotta noise on startup getting close to 200,000 miles.

Yeah my dad has a 2011 and they just paid like 2 grand to get that done. Their's has about 180,000km on it.

Bring it on down here and I'll fix it for you.

Edited by adamzan

Replaced the centerlink, rebuilt the idler arm with brass bushings instead of the stock plastic, found that my homemade IAB doesn't fit anymore, made a new one, then went for a test drive and quickly realized that all that work just screwed my alignment. Hopefully I can fix the toe tomorrow and see if the new parts have done anything for the handling.

Yeah my dad has a 2011 and they just paid like 2 grand to get that done. Their's has about 180,000km on it.

Bring it on down here and I'll fix it for you.

I don't think I can afford your hourly rate Adam! The new list of what is wrong is longer than I care to write out here but I will anyway so I can refer back to it in the future:

Frame is broken above, in front of and behind the rear axle;

the DeDion tube is only welded to a part of a plate that isn't attached to anything;

the drivers' side lower spring perch is a patch and 1/2" too high;

the windshield frame is rusted letting water in anytime it rains.

I _still_ haven't fixed / hotwired more than one window to operate;

the driving lights don't work (again);

the front end accident that it had has bent the front of the frame;

the rockers panels are not... attached... anymore;

no panel behind the rear door is intact.

The rear door is rusted through at the lower window corner on both sides;

all of the weather stripping leaks water into the cabin;

both front floor panels are rusted into separate pieces and leak freezing cold air and water inside during the winter;

and the timing belt, water pump and thermostat need to be done in the next few thousand.

Time to put her to bed.

I've got a half decent 95 for sale. A little rust here and there but the frame is good as it is from Victoria BC...I was going to keep it but I kind of need the money. It's a 5 speed and has a new JDM engine that another member and I installed...The one I drove out west and to Halifax last year!

• Like 1