What did you do to your Pathfinder today?

RedRider3141

Changed the oil. The oil pressure light in the dash goes off much more quickly than it did before, which is interesting. Maybe the drainback valve in the new filter works better than the old one did? Or maybe the oil is just that much better. Either way, it's an improvement. One of these years I'll pick up a relo kit so I don't have to fiddle around for five minutes trying to find the right angle so the filter will thread.

Edited by Slartibartfast
  • Like 1

Yeah I already have an efan on, so I was really just going to do it cause I had it. Sounds like too much work to be worth it.

Where does the relocation kit relocate the filter to?

With the hoses the kit came with, the options are right by the fuel filter, or in the wheel well, in front of the tire. The factory filter still fits on the kit, or you can use the PH8A size filter. I think it's a Ford V8 Filter. I didn't do an oil change at the time and i had to add 1/2 a litre to top it up. So now I can put 4 litres in at each change.

Changed the oil. The oil pressure light in the dash goes off much more quickly than it did before, which is interesting. Maybe the drainback valve in the new filter works better than the old one did? Or maybe the oil is just that much better. Either way, it's an improvement. One of these years I'll pick up a relo kit so I don't have to fiddle around for five minutes trying to find the right angle so the filter will thread.

After I installed the kit, the oil light was on for about 10 seconds. Got a little nervous but no clattering from the lifters or anything so I think it is fine. Goes out instantly now.

• Like 1

I'm sure it was a thread here from a while back that I got this from, but I switched from the PH3682 to the PH3614 with the built-in bypass and startup was noticeably quieter, especially in winter. L10241 is the Purolator equivalent.

Tightened the torsion bars, just guessed on where they should be at. I can't seem to figure out where the swivel bolt is on the 92. Anyone want to give me a hint?

Lubed the locks and gave it a bath. Ordered new fuel injectors along with a new fuel filter. Come to think of it i should habe put the new oil filter in while I was down there. Hopefully next week I can make it to pick and pull

Edited by Charlie_Brown
  • Like 1

Tightened the torsion bars, just guessed on where they should be at. I can't seem to figure out where the spindle bolt is on the 92. Anyone want to give me a hint?

Lubed the locks and gave it a bath. Ordered new fuel injectors along with a new fuel filter. Come to think of it i should habe put the new oil filter in while I was down there. Hopefully next week I can make it to pick and pull

Detailed the interior. It's a nice place to be again. Washing exterior tomorrow because it's covered in pollen and spider webs. Too bad I can't drive it until Tuesday. It's been too long.

Edited by mjotrainbrain
  • Like 1

I spent the weekend at Augusta, Ontario getting right dirty at the motorsport park. One of the fine gentlemen that I work with got a call from a friend who told us about a mud pit, 4x4, atv, dirt bike and monster truck party that was going to be this weekend. So we booked down there Friday night and rolled in about midnight and spent the weekend getting ridiculously dirty. There were no other Pathfinders, 1 X-terra, 5 4Runners, and Toyota Hilux turbo diesel... two of the 4Runners (on 35" tires) and myself ended up in the mud pit. All three of us were stuck up to the axles! My weak - ass welds let most of the hitch come off but the fine gentlemen in the monster truck actually spun the wheels trying to pull me out.... there was a Helofalot of laughter. Pictures to come!

Weekend in mud pit:

1 alternator

1 horn

2 times stuck up to the axles

5 modified trucks pulled out with a stock Pathfinder

18 beers consumed

1 Ford Explorer redlined until detonated in the mud pit.

All good times had by all in attendance! !!!!

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I went there once. Never went back I used to live about 30 minutes from there. The time I went there were a few pathfinders. One of them was on 35" swampers and was trailered to the park.

• Like 1

Got my backup camera finally installed. Installed a mirror Rydeen makes that has the screen built into the mirror. Works great. So much easier hooking up to my camper now.

• Like 1

The weird vibration continues, not so much but still, the smell of gasoline too... and O2 sensor code P0150 (bank 2 sensor 1)...
Today i went to the mechanic.... I had told him about the weird vibration and gasoline smell, and the code... So...

He did a what we call here "synchronization" clean parts, change spark plug, change cables, clean injectors, etc...

I spent the weekend at Augusta, Ontario getting right dirty at the motorsport park. One of the fine gentlemen that I work with got a call from a friend who told us about a mud pit, 4x4, atv, dirt bike and monster truck party that was going to be this weekend. So we booked down there Friday night and rolled in about midnight and spent the weekend getting ridiculously dirty. There were no other Pathfinders, 1 X-terra, 5 4Runners, and Toyota Hilux turbo diesel... two of the 4Runners (on 35" tires) and myself ended up in the mud pit. All three of us were stuck up to the axles! My weak - ass welds let most of the hitch come off but the fine gentlemen in the monster truck actually spun the wheels trying to pull me out.... there was a Helofalot of laughter. Pictures to come!

Weekend in mud pit:

1 alternator

1 horn

2 times stuck up to the axles

5 modified trucks pulled out with a stock Pathfinder

18 beers consumed

1 Ford Explorer redlined until detonated in the mud pit.

All good times had by all in attendance! !!!!

I replaced the headlight wiring with a relay kit as the existing wiring had melted. Now both headlights are working and they seem to be brighter.

Also removed the front door trim and factory clarions. lol:

e62df948c7.png

Unfortunately I was frustrated in my attempts to clean the blower and resistors. For some reason there's a big piece of molded plastic instead of a metal panel behind the glove box... perhaps a 'feature' of the right-hand drive version? I'll look at it again tomorrow, might have to cut it away or remove the dash entirely to clean out the leaves before they start a fire.

Pulled into my driveway this morning to discover my brake lights were on. Laying on my floor mat was a little rubber stopper, so I spent a good 10 minutes wiggling the stopper back into its spot on the front of the brake pedal, and then taping it down. Brake lights work again!

I was going to install some new windshield squirters and a power window switch but realized that I had forgotten both at home. So I cleaned the inside of the truck after a muddy weekend last weekend. ... sort of.

^I'll bet your vents blow better with that out of there!

Today I hauled a bunch of wood and T posts around, did a dump run, and cursed at it for randomly deciding not to idle halfway through... and then going back to running like normal with no explanation. Oh, and the ABS light came on, so there's one more thing to track down.

Went to the junkyard. Got the little screw cover that goes in the driver's door pocket and scored the roll-up cover for the trunk. It's got white specs all over it (almost like dull glitter?) that I need to clean off. I'm also surprised by the huge gap it leaves behind the back seats. There goes my plan to hide my tool boxes.

Borrowed a 33x10.5R15 off my neighbors Toyota and tested it for fit. Looks good. Unfortunately,I had to buy tires for my truck, so budget is blown this month,but maybe next month I can get new tires and get rid of my weather checked BFG ATs.

Pulled brand new alternator, brackets and used ac pump from pick and pull along with a new dipstick. Looked around to see if any of the wd21s had Manual locking hubs, unfortunately they did not. Shame the xterra engine was pulled completely. Could have used the brackets from that instead of the r50. Remainder of the weekend was spent pulling the engine out of my dad b4000 mazda. Not leaving a lot of time for my truck especially when it snows the next day lol.